Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series
Listing monitored by Kelvinator

Some large design flaws

Size is brilliant and the shelves are adjustable to realistic and useful levels. Have not had an issue. However I was very surprised to find an ice cube tray just floating in the freezer, not attached over a container like every other fridge I've seen. Also the crisper is beyond frustrating!! Unless taken out very very slowly with two hands it comes off a track on one side. I've actually looked to see if I can remove the tracks as they are so incredibly annoying but I'm stuck with my crisper constantly on one track.
Fix those issues and it woulduld be a real competitor

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kelvinator
ELECTROLUX ..Kelvinator

Cathy H.
Cathy H.asked
536L Top Mount KTM5402WARH (White, Right Door)

Has anyone had problems with cracks appearing inside the fridge

JenLucas
JenLucas

Yes. My Kelvinator Top Mount, purchased 2020, has a crack on the "floor", just inside the door. No idea what caused it. Actually - just checked - it's more like several small cracks, about 2cm to 5cm each.

Mauriceasked
536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

My kelvinator ktm5402wa fridge isn’t freezing & the fridge isn’t cooling as I would like , the temperature control is confusing, where should the dial be to make it cooler? At the “colder“ or “less colder “ ?

Terry
Terry

Yes I know the settings seem to be the opposite of what it says in the book. If you push the slider towards the left it is the colder setting. I had to put my freezer all the way to the left or it was not cold enough. My fridge one at the moment with cooler weather is in the middle. Hope this helps. I find my fridge very noisy, I can hear it through the wall! Is yours noisy?

EJA
EJA

Send it back if you can and replace with another model /brand. I wish we had...
Otherwise as Terry said.

Hi , & thanks for your responses,
It can sometimes be noisy, I have put the dial to the far left where it says “colder” , we’ll see how it goes , the booklet says to put it to the far right where it says “less cold “ , very confusing

Sacha C.
Sacha C.asked
536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

My fridge is not cooling. Freezer isn't freezing. I tried overnight to adjust different temperature settings. Not blowing any cold air at all

Kaz
Kaz

My brand new fridge/freezer stopped freezing after 7 weeks. It turned out to be a gas leak. It has now been replaced by another new one nearly two weeks ago. Will wait and see how this one goes!
You will probably need a technician to come out to inspect it.

Kelvinator
ELECTROLUX ..Kelvinator

Dear Sacha C.,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your appliance.
If you wish to discuss this further, please email customercare@electrolux.com.au with Ticket Number 1345211, include your name and number, and we’ll be in touch.
Thank you.

See all Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Kelvinator representatives

Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

Compare all 3 Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,549.00$1,299.00$1,299.00
Dimensions 1718 x 796 x 641 mm1718 x 796 x 641 mm1718 x 796 x 641 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge RightLeftRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteWhite