Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

• Internal Layout
S morris

S morrisPerth, WA

Avoid, faulty design

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online.

Dilip

DilipSydney, NSW

Very Disappointed

I brought this fridge at Bing Lee on November 2017 ago brand new. Worked fine for 2 and 1/2 years and now the fridge stopped working. Called to repair person for couple of times and suggested to turn off for 48-72 hrs and did the same as per his advice but it doesn't work at all. Doesn't form ice in the freezer at all. As per his suggestion I removed the door tray, (which is factory fitted at time of purchase) as it can interfere with air circulation. Did what was told but the freezer does not work anymore. .

Purchased in November 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $768.00.

KazPerth, WA

Very Disappointed - Faulty

Received on 28 January 2020. Barely lasted five weeks and the freezer had stopped working due to a gas leak. Lost $200 worth of food and had to take two days off work as a Nurse, one waiting for a technician to see what was wrong and the second for a new replacement to be delivered. Now I can't restock properly due to the Coronavirus outbreak and the supermarket shelves having limited restrictions or nothing at all! Fingers crossed that the same thing won't happen again as I do like the layout and size. Staff were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $849.00.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Nermi KurtGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Salesman

A sailsman not interested in selling. Posiblly not interested in the job or too well. Called a salesman to eplaine and sell the product. After telling us the delivery and product not store LEFT.

Nermi Kurt

Visted Store "Good Guys- Essendo DFO " for the above experience.

Saddle Saw

Saddle SawRural SA

Worked well for 2 days, then noises, then stopped cooling and defrosted.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Some large design flaws

Size is brilliant and the shelves are adjustable to realistic and useful levels. Have not had an issue. However I was very surprised to find an ice cube tray just floating in the freezer, not attached over a container like every other fridge I've seen. Also the crisper is beyond frustrating!! Unless taken out very very slowly with two hands it comes off a track on one side. I've actually looked to see if I can remove the tracks as they are so incredibly annoying but I'm stuck with my crisper constantly on one track.
Fix those issues and it woulduld be a real competitor

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kerrie

KerrieMareeba

This lasted 1 year and a week

I brought this fridge 1 year and a week ago and it has actually been a crappy fridge temp fluctuations now no temp except for salmonella warm. Not the best $1100 i ever spent Betta electrical said we may need to take it away to fix, my response j need a fridge "don't you have a spare one, the workman will decide when they are there what to do" I think a replacement is in order not a repair don't you think?

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Kelvinator Fridges - Don't buy them anymore!

See all Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series reviews

Mauriceasked

536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

My kelvinator ktm5402wa fridge isn’t freezing & the fridge isn’t cooling as I would like , the temperature control is confusing, where should the dial be to make it cooler? At the “colder“ or “less colder “ ?

Terry
Terry

Yes I know the settings seem to be the opposite of what it says in the book. If you push the slider towards the left it is the colder setting. I had to put my freezer all the way to the left or it was not cold enough. My fridge one at the moment with cooler weather is in the middle. Hope this helps. I find my fridge very noisy, I can hear it through the wall! Is yours noisy?

EJA
EJA

Send it back if you can and replace with another model /brand. I wish we had...
Otherwise as Terry said.

Hi , & thanks for your responses,
It can sometimes be noisy, I have put the dial to the far left where it says “colder” , we’ll see how it goes , the booklet says to put it to the far right where it says “less cold “ , very confusing

Sacha C.

Sacha C.asked

536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

My fridge is not cooling. Freezer isn't freezing. I tried overnight to adjust different temperature settings. Not blowing any cold air at all

Kaz

My brand new fridge/freezer stopped freezing after 7 weeks. It turned out to be a gas leak. It has now been replaced by another new one nearly two weeks ago. Will wait and see how this one goes!
You will probably need a technician to come out to inspect it.

Dear Sacha C.,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your appliance.
If you wish to discuss this further, please email customercare@electrolux.com.au with Ticket Number 1345211, include your name and number, and we’ll be in touch.
Thank you.

Greg

Gregasked

536L Top Mount KTM5402WARH (White, Right Door)

what is the weight

See all Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Kelvinator representatives

Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series

Compare all 3 Kelvinator 536L Top Mount KTM5402 Series
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,549.00$1,299.00$1,299.00
Dimensions 1718 x 796 x 641 mm1718 x 796 x 641 mm1718 x 796 x 641 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge RightLeftRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity