MPN: KWH62HRE

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Bryan
BryanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very noisy

My old aircon was noisy hence why I replaced it, Had the Kelvinator KWH62HRE (6.0kW) installed and (Very noisy) even on the lowest fan setting although cooling is very good. I received unhelpful poor customer service, Unfortunately I'm not happy with it will avoid using Kelvinator products.

Antino
AntinoSydney, NSW

customer care cant help

a great air con ,but when you try to understand the manual ,well that another issue and no one a electolux knows ,do we need drainage ,the book say only if its a cooling unit , if recyle you dont ,but if you do have drainage ,baring in mine there is no drain plug where does all the extra bulk of the evapouration water go that is not used to spray over the cooling fins as it explains ?,there is no drainage hole ,yet they give you a drainage pan to screw up, so if there is no drainage plug then a hole what do we do?,have been reading comments on line with this same issue and yet electrolux dose nothing to let us know ,sometimes the answers we get from custmer care led to more questions ,even the Good Guys are not impressed ,can you help

Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Noise! Noise! Noise!

It cools well but even on the lowest fan setting this unit absolutely roars. The compressor is quiet - the fan is the issue. It is so loud conversation is difficult and the television needs to be turned right up to hear it. I avoid using it!

The 35 y/o brown Westinghouse unit I had before it was MUCH MUCH quieter but unfortunately it died. This Kelvinator was a waste of money. I bought it as an easy option to fit in the same hole. I regret it now. I wish I had the hole bricked up and spent the extra on a split system.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Bec
BecGippsland, VIC

Absolutely brilliant. Life changing

I am significantly disabled and a renter, I couldn't be happier with my aircon. I installed it in a window so i can take it with me. I did need to get a 15amp power point installed by an electrician but the air con works brilliantly and it's reduced my electricity bills, significantly from using portable air cons. It's keeps my unit and me cool enough to comfortably stay out of hospital.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Window & Wall Air Conditioners

Find out how Kelvinator KWH62HRE (6.0kW) compares to other Window & Wall Air Conditioners

Yolanda
YolandaWatanobbi

This reverse cycle air conditioner is fantastic!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sandman622000
Sandman622000Melbourne

Great Product 2 years on with heavy use!

We've used this unit all year round now for about 2 years. With the varying Melbourne climate needed a box air conditioner to replacing the existing units position in the wall. We looked for a powerful, reliable and good 2 year warrantee which was only offered by Kelvinator. 2 years down the road and being used for15 hours per day have had no problems whatsoever. A great choice if you're looking to replace a pre existing box system.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
TinToy
TinToyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Noise machine

The Kelvinator website specifies an outside noise level of 64 dBa for this model. However after I had purchased and unpacked the item I found a big sticker on the frame warning that it's outside noise is actually 76 dBa. I should have returned the item because of the manufacturer's misrepresentation. instead I chose to have it installed and now have an air conditioner that is unacceptable loud for a residential environment. The inside noise can be heard from every part of the house. I only purchased this style of air conditioner because it fitted into an existing hole in a brick wall where an old unit had been. I regret my decision. It is a clunky dinosaur.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
ELECTROLUX ..Kelvinator

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
See all Kelvinator KWH20/26/39/53/62HRE reviews

Antino
Antinoasked
KWH62HRE (6.0kW)

hi ,i have a new KWH60HFR,no luck with Electrolux customer service nor The Good Guys ,like other posts i too not sure about the drainage i have installed the drain capture plastic ,but their is no hole except a rubber say 8mm rubber plug which is installed from the inside of the unit in which you cannot access ,the instuction say that the water pools up and is reused to spray the coil unit for added efficiency ,i`m worried about what happens to the over flow of water that will accumilate during the day ,or does it get used up by the A/C unit ?,and so why do they give you a plastic capture piece if we dont need drainage ,as well ,please help ,we have spent days on this this and noone at Electrolux seem to want to help

Kerrie F.
Kerrie F.asked
KWH62HRE (6.0kW)

I have a Kelvinator KWH62HRE and I keep getting an E1 error message and then it shuts down, only on for 5 minutes

Hi Kerrie F,

Marina from Electrolux here.

If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Ticket Number 1224785.
We would really like to assist you.
Marina

David
Davidasked
KWH62HRE (6.0kW)

I am after the actual db levels to decide wether it can be used domestically in a living rom with a TV on, the spec says 1 figure but the reviews say it has a warning sticker of 78. If it's to noisy for a typical lounge room environment please advise

Chrissy
Chrissy

I haven't used this particular model inside a home. It's installed in our work shed. The db rating on the link here, shows it to be 56 db. It is noisier than I'd like for an air conditioner inside a home environment. . https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/kelvinator-6kw-window-box-reverse-cycle-air-conditioner-kwh62hre/
I also have a small Kelvinator in my office, and it's a bit too noisy for my liking. I use an 8 kw Panasonic in the main lounge, dining area, and it's really quiet, and actually manages to cool - heat the whole house easily. I'd go for that rather than the Kelvinator.

Alex777
Alex777

Here are the indoor sound decibel ratings from Kelvinator's website for 3 different kW models. They only show the high and low fan speeds.

HIGH FAN SETTING - Indoor sound pressure dBA

KWH62HRE (6.0kW) - 50
KWH53HRE (5.3kW) - 49
KWH39HRE (3.9kW) - 44

See all Kelvinator KWH62HRE (6.0kW) questions

Get an answer from our members and Kelvinator representatives

Compare all 5 Kelvinator KWH20/26/39/53/62HRE