Kenwood Multipro Sense FPM810

Kenwood Multipro Sense FPM810

MPNs: 35905406 and FPM810

Used it once and it wouldnt turn on again

I received this food processor as a Xmas gift. The first time I used it, it was fine. Made pastry which turned out great. Went to use it again today and it wouldn’t turn on. Only had it for 6 weeks and used once. We returned it to the Good Guys where we bought it, they tested it and gave us full refund. What happened to quality control? Very disappointing!

Purchased for $359.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Used for: Dough

A decent blender for the price

Overall this food processor does a great job at processing food. However, due to the large capacity of the plastic container, it requires a large amount of food to be placed in, otherwise it will not blend if a very small volume of food is placed in. The glass blender that is provided is durable and very strong, making it suitable for hot foods. Unfortunately, the greatest downside to this product is the extremely loud noise it makes when it is in use. It is ear-piercing and not that great if children are close to the blender when it is in use. You have to yell to speak to the person next to you when you are near the blender, as you cannot hear anything except the blender. Especially annoying if watching television and the blender is in use.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Amy, Thanks for your review of the Multipro Sense. We're very sorry to hear you find the noise too loud, but hope you're otherwise happy with your machine. Best, Kenwood

Flimsy and Overrated

We got this Food Processor at Christmas. It looked like a great buy and for a week it was OK.
Now the blender is unusable after the thread on the base unit and blender itself both disintegrated. I've emailed both Kenwood and the local repairer about the blender and so far I only hear the sound of crickets.

The Food processor is OK for preparing food with the discs. If you try to do anything more heavy duty like make protein balls with the chopping blade, then be prepared to have to hold the machine down, because it will jump around the bench like a lunatic.

Not happy. I expected better at this price point.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Zac, So sorry to hear this - we have responded to your private message. Best, Kenwood

Very happy with this product.

Have used the jug for smoothies many time. Very sturdy blade. Quite heavy glass so hard to lift sometimes. Easy to clean. I suggest taking the bottom part of the jug off and cleaning all parts - easy to do. Note the arrow directions for opening and closing. Have only used the food processor twice but so far so good. This appliance comes with many parts that I'm not sure I will use. Need a bit of storage for all the bits and pieces! Overall, very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi KRM, Thank you for your very kind words and feedback of the Kenwood Multipro Sense. We are so glad that you have found it easy to use and clean. We hope that you continue to enjoy using it! Best, Kenwood.

Biggest waste of money, so disappointed

My husband bought this processor for me and thought he was getting a quality product for the $400+ dollars we spent. From the first time I used it it was rubbish. The scales didn't work, there was a burning smell when I used it, It jumped all over the bench when chopping and as the blades didnt reach the sides of the bowl it didn't chop things properly. I went back to The Good Guys in Robina where I bought it and they wouldn't do anything. Told me to call Kenwood. I did and was told I had to drive it 40 mins to the nearest repair centre. I did this. It was supposedly re-built. Scales worked when i got it back but it still had burning smell and didn't chop properly. The bowl then cracked and it was sent of again to be rebuilt, me driving it the 40 mins again to drop off and pick up. Same issues. I asked repeatedly for a refund and was denied. I then gave up and didn't use it for like a year. Got it out again 2 days ago to try again and all the plastic has cracked around the blade and broken off. The blade is un-usable. I can't even convey how utterly disgusted in this processor I am and the customer service from both companies. It is worth nothing now and i will be throwing it out.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Hi Tammy, Thanks for your review and very sorry to hear about your experience with the Multipro Sense and the customer support. We replied to your private message last week with a few questions, it would be great if you could get back to us on those. Thanks, Kenwood

Works well

I only use this food processor to make cauliflower rice and it works well (very quick) but not as good as using the blender. The rice is watery when it's made from a processor compared to a blender but still way better because of its quickness. Otherwise for general purpose use it works very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Thanks for your review, Johnny!

Like the processor but having major problems with the blender

We purchased a new multi pro to replace our older Kenwood which had given us years of good service until the motor died. I'm generally happy with the new one except for the glass blender. Great idea and we would use it for soup etc except we really struggle to get it working. The little red clip that pushes down on the motor switch is constantly getting stuck up in the blender base so the motor doesn't get turned on. We use the blender everyday to make breakfast smoothies and it can take many, many tries to get it working. We keep a pair of pliers next to the machine to help pull the red clip down everytime it gets stuck. We've taken it back to the shop twice and once got a replacement machine but same problem. It happens more when my husband uses it (he's left handed and I wondered if he was maybe not putting the blender on the base properly) but it happens often enough when I use it for me to think it must be another problem. After missing out on smoothies the other morning because we just could not get the clip to stay down my husband is insisting we return the whole processor and buy a different brand. Shame because I really like the rest of the processor and all its attachments.

Very disappointing product!

After my 25 year old Braun Multisystem was accidentally dropped and smashed beyond repair, I researched the heck out of what to replace it with and was recommended this product. Wish I had read ALL the reviews before buying. 1st time I used the whisk, one of the beaters broke off inside the plastic thing which holds the beaters over the bowl! Also, the mixing of biscuit dough was not very good, and I had to stop the machine a lot to scrape the unmixed dough into the middle of the bowl as the beaters did not do the job! Now, reading how many other people have had the SAME issue, I wish I had bought something else! Have emailed Delonghi (who recommended this product to me!) to ask how to get a replacement whisk, and hope they help me.

Great processor, okay blender

I have not had any of the concerns other reviewers have of the machine regularly bench-jumping, and I process nuts and other hard foods frequently in the food processor. I have had only one problem when an almond attached itself to the point of the blade and then the machine jumped a bit. Removed the almond from the blade and continued processing and no problems. My gripe is with the blender. It doesnt blend as well as it should, and because the internal bottom is not flat, traces of food are left in the seam at the bottom, even after washing with a brush. It is annoying. Sometimes a sale price item can sway your better judgement.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Abigail, we're so sorry to hear you are disappointed with your blender. If you could please reply with the model number of your blender we will see if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.

Great value, very versatile

The great thing about this very weighty machine is the versatility- it comes with a large bowl, smaller bowl, and a glass blender which is beneficial when you are limited on cupboard space. When I say weighty I definitely mean it- the box it comes in is huge and weighs around 12kg, so keep that in mind when purchasing. The weight makes it feel sturdy. I also like the built in scales- handy when you don't want to reach for the measuring cups.

Fantastic value

I brought it from Myer. The box is quite heavy so make sure you have a trolley or 2 people.
The glass blender is a very attractive add-on, and the unit itself feels very sturdy.

The attachments are plentiful and razor sharp, slicing through carrots like hot butter.
The speed and power is also quite impressive. I haven't needed to crank it all the way up, however it hasn't struggled with anything I've sliced.

This DRAMATICALLY reduces prep time, to the point we were able to prep a weeks worth of spaghetti bolognese and salad, and juice 10 oranges in only a few minutes (which is quite fun to do)

The only negative I've found so far is slicing a few whole mushrooms, some pieces are small and others are large and chunky, but I think this is because I was using the slicer, instead of the large grater attachment.

So far, love it!

Happy with my purchase

I’ve had this for a year now and happy with it. I use it to mix bread, pasta, pesto, sauces, dips, chop veggies and mice meat. The inbuilt scales are very handy. There are a few negatives though, sometimes if you don’t have enough food in it, it doesn’t chop well because the food can’t catch on. It does have a smaller compartment but food falls through so you need to end up washing all parts anyway. Also sometimes the ends of food get stuck using the slicing tool. It doesn’t stop the machine but doesn’t finish slicing properly and slides around between the blade and the lid. don’t know if other appliances finish food ends better.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good buy

I bought it from the good guys. But it was cheaper at Bing Lee which i found later so better compare prices before purchasing. So far I really like using this. Its a bit heavy but sturdy at the same time. Quite expensive but a good choice if you are looking to buy a stronger machine. Minces Beef pretty well.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great solid product with inbuilt scales.

I am so pleased with my new Kenwood food processor. I hadn't expected to have to pay over $500 for this appliance but with a long warranty and a solid build the quality of the product drew me in. I use a food processor most days as I love to cook, I find having inbuilt scales makes mixing recipes so much easier. I have used the blender jug and half of the attachments and all of them have worked better than I had expected. I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Satisfied but could have been better

I am satisfied with this processor but I have higher expectations because this is a lot more expensive than my previous one. The capacity is ok but I found that there are some hard vegetables that gets stuck in the blade quite often such as carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, among others. I would have expected that the motor can do it all but not as powerful as I thought. I also have a juicer attachment in my previously cheap processor but none for this one so it is a bit of letdown. Overall, it does what a processor supposed to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Nice machine

Great machine, love the features & easy to use... Took hubby & I over 1/2 hour to get it to work, we thought the bowl was secured as it didn't move but it wasn't as it didn't work... there is a small pin at the bottom of the bowl which needs to lock into place properly, no mention of that in the user guide. Great selection of accessories to use but it would be nice to have a blade that slices Chips or French fries. Have contacted Kenwood who said there isn't one for this machine.

Might be a good idea to have blades that fit all Kenwood food processors of this size.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hard working processor.

This is a great almost industrial food processor which we use at least twice a week for catering. It's big in size but still easy to move and the attachments are really good and work beautifully. The motor is strong enough for us to cater for 30 people without having to do the processing in multiple batches. I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Kenwood

Considering the age of my processor - i think it is pretty marvy. I received it as a gift approximately four years ago. It blends and chops really well. There are multiple blades for different purposes. Love the options. It is versatile as it makes dough really well as well as shredding vegetables.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Not extremely happy, however it is ok...

I have got it as a Christmas present. Makes pasta dough very well. Chops vegetables very well as well. However sometimes gets stacked when you try to shred beetroot and carrot. Perfect for salads and soups. Fantastic for soups actually. I had hire expectations. I think motor is a bit week

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Does it all and more

Not sure why all the negative comments. I actually put this on the bench top to encourage me to use it more. Scales work really well. a food processor and blender. Have made curry dishes, pasta dough, pesto, falafels, brownies and cakes. As others have stated so many accessories, better storage options and accessory use would be great.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Blinder not working
Have you ensured that the blade is placed in the socket correctly? Before you turn the blender on have you checked if the lid is locked in? Is this a recent purchase? If so, it may be a faulty machine, I suggest you return it back :)

My blender leaks from the base. It seems to loosen when the machine has been on for a short time! Any help?
Maybe the round rubber seal is not on properly? Or not tight enough??Hi Dawn, Thanks for your question, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing troubles with your Food Processor. If the seal is not sealing properly, the next best thing would be to have the product inspected by your nearest Kenwood Service Centre. If you could please private message us and provide us with your postcode, we would be more than happy to assist you in looking into your nearest solution. Thanks, KenwoodIG87BD

I can't get my machine to work with the mini bowl. It's only working with the large. Has anyone else had this problem or know why? Thanks.
Not sure if this is the same but I have a similar problem with the blender on my multi pro. Underneath the blender base is a little red clip that needs to be down to engage it properly with the power unit. When I first attach the blender to the power unit this little red clip gets stuck up inside the blender base and the blender won't go. I have to use a little pair of pliers to pull it down and then refit it to the power base. Once the clip is down it engages properly with the power base and it all works ok.

Multipro Sense FPM810