Kettle Potato

Kettle Potato (page 3 of 5)

E.F

E.FAU

Honey Baked Ham

Probably the first and best flavour I've ever tasted. I went into the shop to buy them for the first time in 6 years and they were gone...I was under the impression that Honey Baked Ham was Kettle's most popular chip, I don't see why they replaced their classic, most well known flavour with honey soy, they don't compare to red rock deli's honey soy, and yet no one else compares to Kettles Honey Baked Ham...

Peter H

Peter HSouth East Queensland, QLD

My mouth peeled after eating product

Bought a pack of salt and vinegar chips and I "was" a regular customer. It was so strong my mouth started burning and my lips dried out. Couldn't finish the pack so put in fridge, three days later the inside of my lips peeled, not a pretty site. Sent them an email, never heard back, didn't even want the money but figured it was a bad production run and they should know

Helen B

Helen BPerth

Kettle Sea Salt and Vinegar

Delicious crunchy chips, that have a self imposed portion control. I love the kettle sea salt and vinegar chips but find that I cannot eat more than a few as my tongue starts to burn after eating them. The flavour is really strong, just the way I like it. The chips are a thicker cut which is excellent and I have never had a greasy one.
If Kettle could develop the same flavour intensity without the tongue burn then these would be perfect.

Find out how Kettle Potato compares to other Chips

Best chips in AU hands down

I don't want any other brand and specifically love the chilli and salt and vinegar ones :p yumm + no idea why rating is low - delish chips

Alice

AliceSydney

Kettle Sea Salt & Vinegar

I am so disappointed!! As soon as I had made it to my 5th sea salt and vinegar chip my mouth and tongue were burning! It was hard to eat anything else for the entire day! It was a really horrible experience. I DO NOT recommend it.

Sonia Grierson

Sonia GriersonPerth, WA

Vegetable chips

The first time I try the sweet potato, beetroot & white sweet potato, I found it too salty, the beetroot test like burnt, both combination burnt and salty not good at all. I won't buy this product anymore.

A wonder to behold and dance upon your tastebuds!

MMM MMM MMM fingerlickin' good ;) Had these the other day, liked them. Also had a few weeks ago, still good. Remember when they went of the shelf? Not good. They're back now, into it.

Gazza

Gazza

Kettle chunky with sea salt

Just fabulous definitely the best chip I have tasted in 60 years of chip eating crunchy, oily and salty, what a chip was always intended to be, not some politically correct snack food but a real chip

pundit

punditWestern District, VIC

Sea Salt & Vinigar: Wish I could give them NO STARS

Sea salt & acid it seems. Burns the lips and gums in my mouth. The chips were crisp enough and didn't seem exceptionally fatty, but really, vinigar flavour is vinigar, not the low pH acid that can seemingly burn your mouth. Something else next time I think. Not Kettle Chips
Crisp
Acid burning around the mouth and lips

sanles

sanlesIpswich QLD

Kettle Honey Baked Ham

Why stop selling such a great chip? Honey Baked Ham was a favourite and then it simply vanished. Honey Soy Chicken seems to have over run the shelves in its place and it just dont do the same job. Shame on you, this chip chomper doesnt buy chips anymore because of one persons bright idea to launch new chips.

deksta
deksta

Totally agree! They do away with the best ones, and for what reason? To bring out a new range? They can have both, and then they would see which would sell best.

Dave

DaveBatemans Bay, New South Wales

Sea salt with crushed peppercorns - more sugar than salt or pepper??

Guess I should have checked the ingredients first..
Anyhow, main ingredient is sugar, thus salt and pepper does not deliver.
Pepper is restrained, Kettle used to be Bold - now with the exception of chilli, the range has become weak. Sorry Kettle, why add ginger?
Get back to basics - deliver what you advertise (salt and crushed peppercorns)

Too much sugar. (I expected Salt and Pepper)

VickibPerth Western Australia

Sweet potato and beet root yummy

Trying my first packet and they are sensational
Flavour

sczpjb

sczpjbcroydon

Beetroot & Sweet Potato Chips

I was excited to see vegetable chips at last in Australia having had them in the UK for several years. How disappointed I was with these. Some burnt but so loaded with salt that you could not taste anything else. Why pay such a lot for what is potentially a terrific product when you might as well singe a paper bag and eat it with a load of salt.
The idea
Burnt chips and way too much salt

Vickib

I disagree enjoying my first packet and think they are superb

Tess
Tess

I agree. Oversalted. People who buy this product are probably looking for natural flavours. Unless the flavour you want it salt, you wont taste it. Never again.

Awful

I bought a packet of the Chunky Kettle chips with crushed sea salt in Coles.We thought they would be something different ,they certainly were.We both had a few chips with our drinks and after a few moments I thought I was going to be sick,they were so greasy.My husband said he hadent tasted anything so bad in a long time.I've tried ringing the consumer number but I always get cut off or get told there is no one there.They are dreadful, even our dog wouldn't touch them.

Really bad chips,so greasy.

fanaticcook

fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sweet Potato, Beetroot & White Sweet Potato Chips

I was excited to see a new Kettle product on the market and eagerly bought one. Opened the package to find a burnt chip, so emptied the package into a container to find all the sweet potato chips burnt! For such a pricey item, how can Kettle sell rubbish like this? What a disgrace! I have always loved Kettle Chips until this!
horrible and very expensive
burnt

BronwynF

BronwynFPort Macquarie

More beet less sweet...

Absolutely luv the sweet potato, beet root chips but have been disappointed every time by the lack of beet root in each pack... U need to make the quantity more even please :) little bit pricey for the size of the pack as well, but happy to pay that if more beet in it
Flavour when u have the right consistency
Not enough beet root, bit too pricey for size of pack too

Annethema

AnnethemaLaunceston, TAS

Sea salt and vinegar chips too sweet, yuck!

I Purchased the 'sea salt and vinegar ' chips as it is my favourite flavour in most brands and did not like the kettle version at all, for some reason there is a lot of sugar in the flavouring which is quite revolting (and for some reason one of the number one ingredients in the flavouring) people who like vinegar chips dont buy them because they like sweet flavouring...its the whole point of a vinegar chip!!

Too sweet, the ammount of suger was overpowering and did not add to flavour at all

Coltonvic

ColtonvicSydney

Sweet Potato Chips and Sweet Potato and Beetroot Chips overcooked and burnt

I love sweet potato chips so was very excited when I saw this new range and bought 6 packets of Sweet Potato & Beetroot and 4 of Sweet Potato. To my disappointment, (and expense) I have had to throw out most of them as the majority are overcooked or burnt. The one or two that have been cooked properly have tasted great, sadly that was one packet. Huge disappointment

Overcooked or burnt which gave them a bitter taste

houdini
houdini

I am sorely disappointed with the meagre allocation of beetroot in this selection. Last packet I got 2 tiny bits. How sad I love the beetroot. Do a whole packetof beetroot please

Janice Kennedy

Janice Kennedycoffs harbour

Need to improve your Sweet Potato chips!

Normally love your plain potato sea salt chips, so I thought I would try the sweet optato chips, not happy with these,very small chips and most of the bags where crumbs and soooo overcooked. I have often bought Sweet potato chips from the health food store & when fresh they are great but expensive.

not nice

Ros47

Ros47Melb

Sweet Potato Beetroot Kettle Chips to die for.

Rick14
Rick14

Your chips are great but when they are in the paket you get not even half a packet of 185g net & it Sux. I payed $3 for this packet of salt & vinegar & got stuff all. It happens every time I buy it. So what are u going to do about it

sue86
sue86
Torv
Torv

100% agree! nom...tasted a friends party, need to source my own stash

Mark

Markasked

Liked hunter valley chicken favoured chips, made by your company a few years ago but suddenly dissapeared from shops shelves,only to be upset not find them anymore. Are you thinking to make and to return them for sale in the future? If sale so I'll be very happy once again to buy your product.

Fired Up
Fired Up

I dont make them. Maybe you could ring the company and post their response.

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

Another stupid thumb on the forehead reply from Fired Up. People ask here on Product review hoping they will get a response from the manufacturer, not a reply from someone like you that intends to make them look incapable of reaching out.

Colleen17asked

Hello - why can't I buy the lime kettle chips anywhere??? None of the Woolworths Stores have them nor do the IGS's here in WA. Can you please post us some? We are of course, happy to pay whatever it costs!!! My husband is fanging for some!!!
Colleen

Dd22
Dd22

Hi Colleen, like yourselves I too am hanging for them but unfortunately they are discontinued :( I emailed the company that supplies them, Snackfoods & they replied by letting me know that, that flavor will not be made anymore as it was a poor selling line.
I even suggested that perhaps they should do sampling in supermarkets as I work in one, I know it could help increase sales or even suggested giving out sample packs to customers.
But it's a no win situation, they are simply not continuing with that flavor. So our last hope is to get a heap of us & keep complaining until they bring that flavor back like they did the Chilli flavor.
Have you tried the Smiths Grainwave in that chilli lime flavor by any chance?
Cheers
D

Rita08
Rita08

I don't think I've seen them around lately, unless Coles or franklins have them, they might have been deleted & no longer avalable. Maybe contact kettle chips themselves ,details should be on the pack. Maybe they can help. Good luck

Colleen17

Hi D - thanks for your answer. My husband does not like the grain waves.....he is fussy!!! I can get the lime ones in another brand at out local Woolies (safeway for you Easterners!) but he doesn't like those either!!! I guess he will have to change his taste!! If I happen to come across some 'left over' stock I will be sure & grab the lot!!!!
Cheers Colleen