Kettle Potato

Kettle Potato

Carmelin

CarmelinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Burnt my lips

Bought the sea salt and cider vinegar and they burnt my lips. Woke up with swollen lips. What chemicals would cause this? And they were too salty. Won't be buying this brand again.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Ray B

Ray BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wet with oil

Recently purchased a pack of Crunchy chips expecting them to be superior to others given the smaller pack size but higher price. There was oil present in the bottom of the pack and many of chips were wet with oil and inedible. Quality control is quite obviously non existent.

Purchased for $4.65.

Hendrik

HendrikGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Oily potatoes

Flavoured oil with a bit of potato, that is what it tastes like.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $4.00.

FocusFan

FocusFanSydney, NSW

Kettle Chips

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for $2.50.

Boris YasminskyNear You

ABSOLUTE FAIL @ $30KG

yep folks, that's what we are paying for these very ordinary so called gourmet chips that's are full of oil, fat and salt. eat one pack per week and there's a good chance you will gain 1kg per month in weight.

Purchased at Woolworths.

bimdas

bimdasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Kettle has changed for the worse.

What has happened to the glassy, thick crunch of kettle chips? If I wanted budget, Thins style chips, then I would pay the cheaper price for substandard chips. Who is the idiot, bean counting, executive who came up with this cost cutting decision? Its Tyrells chips for me from now on. Kettles name is trash now.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $2.50.

paul

paulPerth, WA

Worst chips ever

Their chips taste stale horrible I throw them straight in the bin where they belong.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $3.00.

Too may stale chips

I have been purchasing the individual "5 bag" packet kettle plain chips for years now but unfortunately more often than not, i get at least one to two bags stale and recently the whole 5 bags were stale. Exp dates 12th Feb 19 & 13th March 19 > Not good enough! The bags are obviously not sealing properly. I am a big fan of Kettle chips but if this continues, I'm out! Stale chips are the worst, and they're not cheap!

GTB

Denny

Denny

Too salty to eat!

What happened to my favourite chips? I opened one pack and couldn’t eat it because the salt levels were inconceivably high. Thinking it was a singular error in a bad batch, I opened a second that was just as bad!! Sorry - no more chips for me!

Tess

Tess

Can there ever be a bad potato chip? Rosemary and sea salt

Was looking for healthier???and new offerings for potato chips. Sorry to say, but these tasted awful, only flavours I could taste were rosemary (quite pungent) and salt, no potato flavour. After sampling a few before serving to guests ( with a very nice platter IMO) I had to take them away. Sadly had to dispose, maybe other flavours are more palatable?

Far too salty.

I just opened a packet of Original Sea Salt and they were WAY too salty which made them very difficult to eat and impossible to enjoy. Crisps are usually hard to resist, but not these. Will not purchase again.

K..

K..Victoria

NO FLAVOUR

I bought the Honey Soy flavour as I have had them before. Where did the flavour go. I can taste a little honey but NO soy flavour. I was very disappointed!!!

Chris

ChrisSunshine Coast, Qld

Also way to much salt

Bought some recently and also found way to salty so off the shopping list until the salt comes down. Bring in a light salt version please.

Way too salty

I used to love your chips but now can barely eat a few and start to feel sick. It is like I'm just eating salt...that is all you can taste. I rarely buy them for that reason. They are awful. Ease up on the salt!

Problem with the vinegar chips and Parmesan and garlic.

Vinegar chips burns lips and the parmesan and garlic definitely has MSG in them with one of your additives. They must not of told you. I have poor responses with MSG, never had this with just the sea salted ones. Please can you check your suppliers. They are not listing their additives of 621.

DO NOT EAT

DO NOT EATYarrawarrah

BURNT TONGUE AND LIPS

My son and I both ate sea salt and "acid" vinegar chips. My son had burns on his tongue, I had burns on my tongue, inside cheeks and lips. After a day or so the inside of my mouth and lips pealed.

Peter H

Peter HSouth East Queensland, QLD

My mouth peeled after eating product

Bought a pack of salt and vinegar chips and I "was" a regular customer. It was so strong my mouth started burning and my lips dried out. Couldn't finish the pack so put in fridge, three days later the inside of my lips peeled, not a pretty site. Sent them an email, never heard back, didn't even want the money but figured it was a bad production run and they should know

Alice

AliceSydney

Kettle Sea Salt & Vinegar

I am so disappointed!! As soon as I had made it to my 5th sea salt and vinegar chip my mouth and tongue were burning! It was hard to eat anything else for the entire day! It was a really horrible experience. I DO NOT recommend it.

pundit

punditWestern District, VIC

Sea Salt & Vinigar: Wish I could give them NO STARS

Sea salt & acid it seems. Burns the lips and gums in my mouth. The chips were crisp enough and didn't seem exceptionally fatty, but really, vinigar flavour is vinigar, not the low pH acid that can seemingly burn your mouth. Something else next time I think. Not Kettle Chips
Crisp
Acid burning around the mouth and lips

Dave

DaveBatemans Bay, New South Wales

Sea salt with crushed peppercorns - more sugar than salt or pepper??

Guess I should have checked the ingredients first..
Anyhow, main ingredient is sugar, thus salt and pepper does not deliver.
Pepper is restrained, Kettle used to be Bold - now with the exception of chilli, the range has become weak. Sorry Kettle, why add ginger?
Get back to basics - deliver what you advertise (salt and crushed peppercorns)

Too much sugar. (I expected Salt and Pepper)

Mark

Markasked

Liked hunter valley chicken favoured chips, made by your company a few years ago but suddenly dissapeared from shops shelves,only to be upset not find them anymore. Are you thinking to make and to return them for sale in the future? If sale so I'll be very happy once again to buy your product.

Fired Up
Fired Up

I dont make them. Maybe you could ring the company and post their response.

Boris Yasminsky

Another stupid thumb on the forehead reply from Fired Up. People ask here on Product review hoping they will get a response from the manufacturer, not a reply from someone like you that intends to make them look incapable of reaching out.

Colleen17asked

Hello - why can't I buy the lime kettle chips anywhere??? None of the Woolworths Stores have them nor do the IGS's here in WA. Can you please post us some? We are of course, happy to pay whatever it costs!!! My husband is fanging for some!!!
Colleen

Dd22
Dd22

Hi Colleen, like yourselves I too am hanging for them but unfortunately they are discontinued :( I emailed the company that supplies them, Snackfoods & they replied by letting me know that, that flavor will not be made anymore as it was a poor selling line.
I even suggested that perhaps they should do sampling in supermarkets as I work in one, I know it could help increase sales or even suggested giving out sample packs to customers.
But it's a no win situation, they are simply not continuing with that flavor. So our last hope is to get a heap of us & keep complaining until they bring that flavor back like they did the Chilli flavor.
Have you tried the Smiths Grainwave in that chilli lime flavor by any chance?
Cheers
D

Rita08
Rita08

I don't think I've seen them around lately, unless Coles or franklins have them, they might have been deleted & no longer avalable. Maybe contact kettle chips themselves ,details should be on the pack. Maybe they can help. Good luck

Colleen17

Hi D - thanks for your answer. My husband does not like the grain waves.....he is fussy!!! I can get the lime ones in another brand at out local Woolies (safeway for you Easterners!) but he doesn't like those either!!! I guess he will have to change his taste!! If I happen to come across some 'left over' stock I will be sure & grab the lot!!!!
Cheers Colleen