Kettle Potato

Kettle Potato

Changed to ordinary over time!

I used to love Kettle chips years ago for their authentic taste and crunch. Now trying them for first time in years they look and taste like all the other mainstream chips....I’m done!

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.39.

Possible change to manufacturing process

The texture of the crisps seems to have changed.
They don't have the same crunch as before - now crunchy like a prawn cracker but it doesn't work because a crisp is so much thinner than a prawn cracker.
The look of the crisps reflects the bubbly texture of a prawn cracker too.
Kettle have managed to make the thinnest slice of a potato go so far that they have lost the potato from the crisp.

Chan H

Chan HNowra

Too soft

Just brought a packet of sweet potato sea salt as theses are my favourite..i love the taste and the crunch..... but this time they are soft...really soft...

Chips

Find out how Kettle Potato compares to other Chips

Kettle Chips have changed

Hadn't bought them for a while, decided to buy a big Bag from Costco and they were different. Thinner and barely had any crunch were very soft. Then bought another bag from Coles. Same thing. I can only assume Kettle have Changed how they are made now. These Chips aren't Kettle Chips anymore they are not worth there price. I won't be buying these chips anymore as they are different.

kate

kateMelbourne

Awesome taste but burnt my whole mouth

Bought a bag of the Sea Salt and Vinegar and loved the taste but unfortunately the cider vinegar burned my the inside of my mouth so much that my lips were swollen so badly. It's uncomfortable to move my mouth and various workmates have commented on my newly found appearance.. Not happy.

Sonia Grierson

Sonia GriersonPerth, WA

Vegetable chips

The first time I try the sweet potato, beetroot & white sweet potato, I found it too salty, the beetroot test like burnt, both combination burnt and salty not good at all. I won't buy this product anymore.

Jen16

Jen16SYDNEY

Avoiding the Onion/Vegetable Powder

I have turned off Kettle Chips. Nearly all have Onion/Vegetable Powder in them and it's hard to avoid. It makes the chips have that horrible aftertaste. Is it truly necessary to have this ingredient in nearly every type of flavouring? But it's not only Kettle Chips it's Smiths, and Red Rock Deli chips too. The main brand crisps have far too much salt in them. Nearly 1000mg/100g or over in many types. It actually overpowers/detracts from the taste rather than enhances it.

Too much onion/veg powder. Too salty.

Mark

Markasked

Liked hunter valley chicken favoured chips, made by your company a few years ago but suddenly dissapeared from shops shelves,only to be upset not find them anymore. Are you thinking to make and to return them for sale in the future? If sale so I'll be very happy once again to buy your product.

Fired Up
Fired Up

I dont make them. Maybe you could ring the company and post their response.

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

Another stupid thumb on the forehead reply from Fired Up. People ask here on Product review hoping they will get a response from the manufacturer, not a reply from someone like you that intends to make them look incapable of reaching out.

Colleen17asked

Hello - why can't I buy the lime kettle chips anywhere??? None of the Woolworths Stores have them nor do the IGS's here in WA. Can you please post us some? We are of course, happy to pay whatever it costs!!! My husband is fanging for some!!!
Colleen

Dd22
Dd22

Hi Colleen, like yourselves I too am hanging for them but unfortunately they are discontinued :( I emailed the company that supplies them, Snackfoods & they replied by letting me know that, that flavor will not be made anymore as it was a poor selling line.
I even suggested that perhaps they should do sampling in supermarkets as I work in one, I know it could help increase sales or even suggested giving out sample packs to customers.
But it's a no win situation, they are simply not continuing with that flavor. So our last hope is to get a heap of us & keep complaining until they bring that flavor back like they did the Chilli flavor.
Have you tried the Smiths Grainwave in that chilli lime flavor by any chance?
Cheers
D

Rita08
Rita08

I don't think I've seen them around lately, unless Coles or franklins have them, they might have been deleted & no longer avalable. Maybe contact kettle chips themselves ,details should be on the pack. Maybe they can help. Good luck

Colleen17

Hi D - thanks for your answer. My husband does not like the grain waves.....he is fussy!!! I can get the lime ones in another brand at out local Woolies (safeway for you Easterners!) but he doesn't like those either!!! I guess he will have to change his taste!! If I happen to come across some 'left over' stock I will be sure & grab the lot!!!!
Cheers Colleen