TF, JF, MS

Need feed back

We have a new Kia Optima n when it reaches 60km then drops to 57kms the car jolts by itself every time .kia tell us this is a "feature" does anyone else have this terrible feature in there optima . 4 times back to fix it n finally they come up with this answer

BadgeGT
Engine Size2.4
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Gavin E.

Gavin E.asked

Optima TF (2011-2015)

I am disappointed that my Kia Optima has crankshaft knock from failed bearings at 180k's after I had it back to Kia Mt Gravatt for the recall and had the all clear.
I was told the crankshaft was within tolerances which I find it hard to believe that they removed the bottom sump and measured the crankshaft with the pistons removed and measured the crank where the big end bearings would run on the crank all this within a couple of hours,
I think the more likey scenario they checked the vin range for the defect and found my vehicle was not in the vin range and replaced the old dipstick with the new dipstick which i suspect the old dipstick was giving the wrong reading for measuring oil.
I want to know since I did work with the brand for 4 years and I have personally influenced some of my family and friends to purchase a Kia car so far 2 x Cerato and 1 x Sportage what would Kia do to assist in having the engine repaired? given there is a whole Kia forum with Optima 2.4L customers with the same issue.

Compare all 4 Kia Optima
Kia Optima MS
  • Discontinued

Kia Optima MS (2001-2006)

Kia Optima TF
  • Discontinued

Kia Optima TF (2011-2015)

3.6
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L6 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.4L
Max Power180kW @ 6000rpm138kW @ 6000rpm148kW @ 6300rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 1350-4000rpm241Nm @ 4000rpm250Nm @ 4250rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2001Jan 2011