TF, JF, MS

• Features
Matthew

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Generally pretty Good

Purchased in October 2018 at Private for $15,000.00.

JayJ

JayJAdelaide

Well equipped, great drive, pity about the SatNav

I bought this ex-lease car about 11 months from first registration. Was like new but at a much lower price. Very well equipped, drives well, feels well designed.Great having the 7 year warranty. The major downside is that this model misses out on any Satnav updates even though 2 were promised to new car buyers earlier, and it has many inaccuracies. Much better to use my portable TomTom with lifetime updates, and stuck to the windscreen.

BadgeSi
Engine Size2.4
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nev

NevIllawarra, NSW

A great car for long trips

The Optima is probably the best handling car I have ever driven, although a little harsh on really rough roads. The interior is conservative, which I like, and all controls operate smoothly and positively. The car has given no problems at all and has been used for trips to Cairns and Melbourne, returning fuel consumption figures between 6.8 and 7.1 litres per 100 kilometres. Although a little noisy under acceleration, it is very quiet at highway speeds. The longer I own this car the better I like it.

BadgeSi
Engine Size2.4
Date PurchasedAug 2015
Sedans

Find out how Kia Optima compares to other Sedans

Keller House

Keller HouseSTILLWATER

Great safe family car

This car has great handling, and was spacious for our kids. I love how quiet the car is. It did sit a little to low to the ground for my taste. The loved the safety alarms for seat belts and the auto air bag control using weight limit to turn on or off. Glad we rented this car while our car was down. I will be trading my car I'm soon for one of these.

Engine Size2.5
Date PurchasedApr 2017
DrSoop

DrSoopMelbourne

Love it!

First purchased a Kia Optima about 5 years ago due to it being best bang for your buck in terms of interior & features, & upgraded recently to the Optima turbo GT. Whilst it was a bit pricier, it has the quality of a much more expensive European car. Features such as adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, parking sensors & camera, GPS, leather, the list goes on. At first I thought it was a bit tame, but once I found Sport mode I soon changed my mind, it really has some zip. The GPS isn't perfect (but show me one that is...), & some safety alert features need turning off before they drive you insane, but overall it is a very classy drive that has not failed to impress.

BadgeGT

Engine Size2.2L
Peter

Peter

2015

I have a 2015 Kia Optima SLi which I purchased new in June last year. Overall I like the car with plenty of interior room as well as boot space. The car is comfortable to drive and on a long journey I can get 7.5l/100kms. But there are a couple of things I feel Kia could look at. The side mirrors need a little more protection because when it rains the water runs all over them and it is hard to see what is behind you. Also the rear window needs a wiper on all models so again when it rains you can see a bit clear behind you. I think the shockies on mine at least could be upgraded as I compare them to the Camry Altise I use for work seem to be much better than mine.

BadgeSLi
Engine Size2.4 litre
peeps

peepsSydney, NSW

Style with a bit of substance

The Optima is certainly a good-looker; it has heaps of extras - the reverse camera with sensors is great, otherwise rear vision would be limited. The Sat Nav is awkward - you have to reprogram it on arrival, otherwise it keeps barking at you to turn around, go up a tree or another irritating suggestion. Ride is harsh over speed humps etc but that's part of its sporty set-up. Optima is great for effortless touring.

BadgeSLi
James

JamesAU

My cousin has a very nice car!

After being with my cousin (who owns this car)
I was impressed at how nice it looks, I am a little Bias as I own a Kia Sportage
Car did run very well, looks nice inside and out, quiet ride. Running costs are pretty good too.
However the car is a little expensive to buy. Kia helps you a lot after sale when you go into their dealer if you want anything.

Engine SizeNot sure of engine size, I do know It is the smallest option though
Sedans

Find out how Kia Optima compares to other Sedans

Babs_JohnsonAU

Good

Babs_Johnson

Update: The hybrid is now available. This pushes the Optima into a new field and separates it from most rivals. This engine and transmission are totally made by Kia/Hyundai. "Take notice" the word is out and the old tired car boys are not happy.

fayeT
fayeT
Eran
Eran
PerthDog

PerthDogPerth

Very good vehicle for the price

2001 Optima manual 2.5 V6

bought this in 2007 and drove till now.
This car was really reliable and economical as V6 engine.
10l/100km mixed, 8l/100km highway.

Mechanically very reliable, never gave me any problems.
I drove this car from Sydney to Perth in a week(many stop over for nice views!!). some road was unsealed.
Never give any problems! so strong car.
Reliable and good engine. economical
handling is nt that good. so so seat

Gavin E.

Gavin E.asked

Optima TF (2011-2015)

I am disappointed that my Kia Optima has crankshaft knock from failed bearings at 180k's after I had it back to Kia Mt Gravatt for the recall and had the all clear.
I was told the crankshaft was within tolerances which I find it hard to believe that they removed the bottom sump and measured the crankshaft with the pistons removed and measured the crank where the big end bearings would run on the crank all this within a couple of hours,
I think the more likey scenario they checked the vin range for the defect and found my vehicle was not in the vin range and replaced the old dipstick with the new dipstick which i suspect the old dipstick was giving the wrong reading for measuring oil.
I want to know since I did work with the brand for 4 years and I have personally influenced some of my family and friends to purchase a Kia car so far 2 x Cerato and 1 x Sportage what would Kia do to assist in having the engine repaired? given there is a whole Kia forum with Optima 2.4L customers with the same issue.

Compare all 4 Kia Optima
Kia Optima MS
  • Discontinued

Kia Optima MS (2001-2006)

Kia Optima TF
  • Discontinued

Kia Optima TF (2011-2015)

3.6
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L6 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.4L
Max Power180kW @ 6000rpm138kW @ 6000rpm148kW @ 6300rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 1350-4000rpm241Nm @ 4000rpm250Nm @ 4250rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2001Jan 2011