Kia Picanto

JA, TA

11 questions from our users

Darren Reesasked

Picanto

Is anyone else having problems with the Apple CarPlay system in their Kia Piccanto? Mine has NEVER worked and 10 weeks after getting my new car I am getting ZERO help in rectifying this. It is unreliable, frustrating and most of all unsafe! I don’t even use it now ... just have a black screen and my phone between my legs to use for navigation.
Does anyone too have hideous experiences in dealing with Aftercare service and with Customer scare service. In my whole lifetime as a consumer I have never been treated so poorly.
So so disappointed.

Valerie
Valerie

Has some minor problems with Apple Car play in new Piccanto but it was the phone not the car. Had to upgrade from an outdated Oppo Phone to a Samsung A 31 which was purchased from our local Betta electrical. Betta even came out to the car and set it all up. It can be a bit complicated and was glad an expert was setting it up...It works great now., just push a button on the steering wheel and tell it what you want...."Ring Mum"...."Play Taylor Swift"...same with addresses on maps....just push and hold steering wheel button and say the address....The map will come up. It will even do text to speech with messages.As for service and advice our local Kia Dealer where we purchased the car are always very helpful. I'd be looking at your phone and not the car....ours works perfectly.

Darren Rees

So wrong Valerie .... absolutely NOTHING wrong with my phone .... After 10’plus weeks of battling with KIA Australia and they being absolutely unhelpful and appalling in customer service efforts, they admitted there WAS an issue in the Apple CarPlay system. They finally liaised with Apple and took back my car ... uninstalled the system... reinstalled with updates etc and now it is finally working perfectly.
The way KIA Australia treated me over that whole 12 weeks was absolutely disgusting.

TMM- CHE-SYD

TMM- CHE-SYDasked

Picanto

Can someone please explain Kia Picanto's engine in simple terms, my knowledge is limited & seeking opinions, I am looking to drive approx. 100kms per day (Monday to Friday) on a high/motor way . Is the engine powerful enough to do the job? One of my colleague is trying to sell his 2016 Picanto 26k on odometer, he's quoted $10K. Also if I buy from a private seller can I still do the 7 year warranty thing from KIA? It expires in 2022. He used a private mechanic to service the car, not authorised showroom.

Is it worth it or should I get a used Swift around $18k, which is little over my budget. Any suggestions and feedback is welcomed.

jibbit

Only buy a picanto if it’s top of the rang GT turbo as they fly they have a gutsy little GT turbo. And are easy to drive and park great on petrol you have all you need inside too with Apple car play GPS great sound system Cruz control it’s not that big for people to fit in for a long but if it just you it brilliant zippy little car that more than does the job around town and on long trips if only your doing them as I said space ok but would be better if there was more I love my GT turbo as it’s gets me around Perth fast if I need it and comfortable as I only have one person that gets in my car besides me love the Apple car play and the fact I don’t have to touch my phone in my car it will send text and read it too so safe as again only recommending the GT turbo brilliant car

Phillip

I drive mine approx 80km a day (Picanto GT - the turbo model) and it's fine. Both the 1.2L and the 1L Turbo will be fine for the highway but obviously the turbo will be better for overtaking.

Since you're buying a used one for 10k just take it for a drive and see how it goes.

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Picanto

Has anyone experienced front brake noise/grinding sound when braking and coming to a stop?

Phillip

Yes, but I don't believe it's an issue... 6000km later it still sounds the same as when I got it brand new and braking performance is unchanged. The demo car I drove at the time also had the same sound.

I think it's just one of those "cheap car" things.

jibbit

you need to contact kia and ask them as I think it not a cheap car thing I have GT Turbo and its not cheap in looks or the way it performs so ask kia

Marco Antonio A.

Marco Antonio A.asked

Picanto

Is kia picanto 2014 timing chain or timing belt?

jibbit

Why don't you just ring a kia dealer as they would tell you or go here http://adiduc.com/which-cars-have-timing-chain-or-belt/

Kumuduni

Kumuduniasked

Picanto

I purchased a KIA Picanto Auto in October 2018. In six months I have put the car to the dealer as there is a reverse gear issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem the car has only done 2714 kilometres?

Keep It Real.
Keep It Real.

No issue our end, ensure you contact Kia Australia and get the repair and care expected.

col

No issue yet ..please explain in more detail though.if noise on reverse try to put handbrake on slow to second notch..doesn't like quick pull up .you don't explain what the issue actually is.

Warren B.

Warren B.asked

Picanto TA (2016-2017)

When I just had the car serviced. It was reported that all brake rotors had lips but the pads had 9mm and 8mm pads still. Why are the rotors wearing faster?

col

Once you have installed new brake rotors and pads, you must break them in properly. Brake pads clean the rotor and apply the right amount of friction to stop the vehicle. Not breaking in the rotors and pads could reduce the ability of the pad to clean the rotor sufficiently. This can cause uneven wear or warping....this is a cut n paste but think answers ..if no good get friend or family member in raa to ask tech guys they are great or join as I pay monthly.fir $12 worth it cheap power bills n pics.good luck.col

Patricia B.

Patricia B.asked

Picanto JA (2017-2021)

Reverse noise problem sounds like brakes(disks) rubbing. Had car 1 day when reverse noise first heard.
Had dealer SERVICE check, they advised noise not heard. Still has reverse noise.
Have heard same noise in reverse on dealer Demo.car.
Want to suggestion of problem so can let dealer SERVICE know.

col

Okay.mine did mainly on sloped drive.does it do all the time.di a diary of when it happens and conditions.try recording on phone start before car and keep doing till record sound. Try another dealer know not happy with mine or approved dealer.call raa if member or get someone who is as they have excellent help for these issue.i called re fuel consumption .keep at it.mine did settle if you just use round city go for a country run with a friend.as my son Murray bridge I did 200 K m there and back .stay with gut feeling until peace of mind.raa will guide you.good luck and let me know how you go. col

Patricia B.

Patricia B.asked

Picanto JA (2017-2021)

Having noise like metal rubbing only in Reverse. New 2019 Picanto. Anyone had this problem?

col

I had also after first service but subsided by self after couple weeks.also reverse .kinda clinked first.if persists ask them.also had noise on high speed from number plates not having enough screws.check out.window down radio off.can use double sided tape also.good luck.col

Steve K.

Steve K.asked

does my 2019 kia picanto s have aeb

Ivan

Ivanasked

Picanto

Do the kia picanto have a timeing chain 2018 model?

The 1.25L Kappa II MPI 4cyl engine has timing chain with VVT

shf001

shf001asked

Picanto JA (2017-2021)

Does the Kia Picantos engine have a timing chain or a timing belt, and can a full size spare be fitted into the space provided?

Roger

You can't fit full size spares in spacesaver wells due to their different widths although with the same diameter it is quite possible to block and lift the panel floor cover to accommodate one if necessary. I did that with a 4WD Suzuki SX4 for off road use but lost boot depth accordingly. The 1.25L has timing chain for VVT.