Kia Picanto

Kia Picanto (page 2 of 2)

JA, TA

• Features
Art

ArtVic, 3381

Good value, economical, comfortable

Really happy with the value for money, safety features and fuel economy.
I'm a tall man but comfortable driving.
Roomy boot - fits lots of shopping, or all the kids back packs after school pickup, or a couple of cricket bags - but not all at once!
When we have our kid's friends in the car too they do complain there's not enough room for three, but we're a 3-person family so don't always have a full car.
First time I've bought a brand new car.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
bernadette

bernadetteInverloch

Perfect small car

A micro city car with the lot that is functional, easy to drive, comfortable, and most importantly packed with a lot of safety features.
And what a delight to park!!
And unlike another micro car that I tested, the Kia interior doesn’t feel like cheap plastic at all !!
No fault so far after 5 months of daily use!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic Car!! Love it

Economical
Drives well, and feels refined
Bought the GT Line so it’s got the upgraded seats, and more aggressive body styling, looks the part
Best value for a car of this size & has apple car play, Bluetooth, auto headlights, radar control breaking, parking sensors, reversing camera, auto headlights, and so much more, an overall great package and highly recommended

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Rachel

RachelMelbourne

Fantastic car

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Alex S

Alex SAU

Amazing little car

The Kia Picanto is an amazing little car (we call it our scooter hah). It is tiny but it packs a punch in terms of its features, it basically has everything for the most amazing price. So easy to park, has enough power in it for day to day city driving and its array of media features is great. Reversing camera and dynamic parking guidelines make it super simple to get out of even the tightest of spaces. And 7 year warranty really sealed the deal, especially with 7 year roadside as long as you get it serviced regularly (which is also all capped price). Probably the best thing about the picanto is how far it can go with one tank and how cheap it is to run. Its small but still feels comfortable even with a full family inside.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Helen T

Helen TCanberra

Perfect car for me

Bought this car as my first car and am very pleased with it. It has a great fuel economy but yet still powerful enough to drive through slopes. Also small enough to fit into any parking space, even the tightest ones. Only downside is the small boot space, but living alone, this is more than enough for me.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Nadene

NadenePoint Cook

Great value for money

The Kia Rio fits my budget perfectly and I am quite surprised with the Auto Android feature, its so convenient that I get flustered with other SatNav's. Perfect for students, pensioners and city life! The backseats are also very spacious. Very easy to drive and fits in all parking spaces.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beaut little car Gret value But disappointing no CD player

Love this little shopping trolley... I am 192cm and feel really comfortable driving this car. Drives really well and light on fuel.
Very disappointed there isn’t a CD player but other than that good value. Very easy to park and reverse camera is excellent. 7 year warranty closed the deal for us

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Tegan M

Tegan MAU

My new favourite car

Very easy to drive, my new favourite car!
Have had a few minor problems but nothing major and were sorted immediately. Would highly recommend this car to anyone on the market for a new car.
Great first car or for small families, very versatile and spacious which suits all different consumers

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Rea

ReaAU

Value for money

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mrs Tiger Mum

Mrs Tiger Mum

Awesome

We bought this car as a get around for our active family. We had a bigger car that would chew through fuel. I love this car because it is sooooo cheap to run - $42 per 450 kms and can fit the whole family. It looks small on the outside but it feels roomy on the inside. The android auto is great.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Doodles68

Doodles68Gold Coast

Beneath the gloss and high specification is a poor quality unreliable car.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hilarys_Dad

Hilarys_Dad

Excellent car for the money

Date PurchasedJul 2017
TreeHuggerers

TreeHuggerersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great price for a great car

Great small car, good on fuel, easy to park, smooth drive with plenty of leg room for you & your passengers. Out of all the cars i have owned. The Kia Picanto is the best car for safety, space & great value $ for a small car. Love my Picanto

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Fabian V.

Fabian V.Sydney, NSW

Best value city car on the market

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Darren Reesasked

Picanto

Is anyone else having problems with the Apple CarPlay system in their Kia Piccanto? Mine has NEVER worked and 10 weeks after getting my new car I am getting ZERO help in rectifying this. It is unreliable, frustrating and most of all unsafe! I don’t even use it now ... just have a black screen and my phone between my legs to use for navigation.
Does anyone too have hideous experiences in dealing with Aftercare service and with Customer scare service. In my whole lifetime as a consumer I have never been treated so poorly.
So so disappointed.

Valerie
Valerie

Has some minor problems with Apple Car play in new Piccanto but it was the phone not the car. Had to upgrade from an outdated Oppo Phone to a Samsung A 31 which was purchased from our local Betta electrical. Betta even came out to the car and set it all up. It can be a bit complicated and was glad an expert was setting it up...It works great now., just push a button on the steering wheel and tell it what you want...."Ring Mum"...."Play Taylor Swift"...same with addresses on maps....just push and hold steering wheel button and say the address....The map will come up. It will even do text to speech with messages.As for service and advice our local Kia Dealer where we purchased the car are always very helpful. I'd be looking at your phone and not the car....ours works perfectly.

Darren Rees

So wrong Valerie .... absolutely NOTHING wrong with my phone .... After 10’plus weeks of battling with KIA Australia and they being absolutely unhelpful and appalling in customer service efforts, they admitted there WAS an issue in the Apple CarPlay system. They finally liaised with Apple and took back my car ... uninstalled the system... reinstalled with updates etc and now it is finally working perfectly.
The way KIA Australia treated me over that whole 12 weeks was absolutely disgusting.

TMM- CHE-SYD

TMM- CHE-SYDasked

Picanto

Can someone please explain Kia Picanto's engine in simple terms, my knowledge is limited & seeking opinions, I am looking to drive approx. 100kms per day (Monday to Friday) on a high/motor way . Is the engine powerful enough to do the job? One of my colleague is trying to sell his 2016 Picanto 26k on odometer, he's quoted $10K. Also if I buy from a private seller can I still do the 7 year warranty thing from KIA? It expires in 2022. He used a private mechanic to service the car, not authorised showroom.

Is it worth it or should I get a used Swift around $18k, which is little over my budget. Any suggestions and feedback is welcomed.

jibbit

Only buy a picanto if it’s top of the rang GT turbo as they fly they have a gutsy little GT turbo. And are easy to drive and park great on petrol you have all you need inside too with Apple car play GPS great sound system Cruz control it’s not that big for people to fit in for a long but if it just you it brilliant zippy little car that more than does the job around town and on long trips if only your doing them as I said space ok but would be better if there was more I love my GT turbo as it’s gets me around Perth fast if I need it and comfortable as I only have one person that gets in my car besides me love the Apple car play and the fact I don’t have to touch my phone in my car it will send text and read it too so safe as again only recommending the GT turbo brilliant car

Phillip

I drive mine approx 80km a day (Picanto GT - the turbo model) and it's fine. Both the 1.2L and the 1L Turbo will be fine for the highway but obviously the turbo will be better for overtaking.

Since you're buying a used one for 10k just take it for a drive and see how it goes.

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Picanto

Has anyone experienced front brake noise/grinding sound when braking and coming to a stop?

Phillip

Yes, but I don't believe it's an issue... 6000km later it still sounds the same as when I got it brand new and braking performance is unchanged. The demo car I drove at the time also had the same sound.

I think it's just one of those "cheap car" things.

jibbit

you need to contact kia and ask them as I think it not a cheap car thing I have GT Turbo and its not cheap in looks or the way it performs so ask kia

Compare all 8 Kia Picanto
Max Torque122Nm @ 4000rpm122Nm @ 4000rpm172Nm @ 1500-4000rpm122Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features
  • Traction Control
  • AEB (Auto Emergency Braking)
  • Forward Collision Warning
  • Reversing Camera
  • Traction Control
  • AEB (Auto Emergency Braking)
  • Forward Collision Warning
  • Bluetooth Connectivity
  • Keyless Entry
  • Power Steering
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017