Kia Rio

Kia Rio Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

UB, JB, DC, YB

53 questions from our users

Gina.s
Gina.sasked
Rio JB (2005-2011)

The check engine light keeps coming on. I have had mechanics look at it and when the computer checked and cleared has seemed fine when in the workshop and no light on but when driven for approx. 15 mins light came back on again. The vehicle is running fine but the light is still on. Is this a common fault with these vehicles if so how can it be fixed? I only use premium unleaded petrol.

luke w

Hi Gina, Not sure about this one will look into it as it hasnt happened to mine and i use normal unleaded and have done 300,000 ks in my kia rio 2006, could be quite a number of things however if there is an electrical fault you would be better off taking it to an auto elect as mechanics usually would not be able to trace the problem as easily, if it is mechanical then a mechanic should be able to diagnose it on a machine.

SWEETMUSIC
SWEETMUSICasked
Rio

Got a bumpimg noise in front end suspension 2006 kia rio, progessively getting worse.
Had her upon the ramps to check it out but cant find anything wrong
Any ideas would help?

brian

Try having the Monroe shocks workshop or the pedders suspension shocks put in some new shocks / Monroe shocks are pretty good though pedders suspension shocks are even better quality

luke w

Hi, sweet music its the front struts, its a common problem with them well at least in the 2006 models anyway, havnt owned any other models but mine did the same exact thing and thats what it was.

lynabnett
lynabnettasked
Rio DC (2000-2005)

where is the clutch cable located in 2005 kia rio?

Bantam_Pilot

Sorry to tell you, I sold my little Blue Rio about 20 minutes ago to a mechanic who will mainly let his daughter use it. Too many vehicles, not enough people living in the house to justify keeping it any more. Regarding the clutch cable, I usually let my mechanic worry about such things, however, I'd look under the engine to find the clutch, and trace it back through the engine bay. Be under the car as someone presses the clutch pedal for you and see what movement there is as you lie on the ground looking at where the clutch plate might be. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not a mechanic, just fussy about taking the car to a mechanic to keep it perfect.

judi.whyman
judi.whymanasked
Rio

I have the latest shape Kia Rio and have noticed that paint has lots of tiny black spots on it, I got it clay bar about 6 weeks ago and now all the spots are back in the same places. We have 2 other white vehicles living in the same environment (one a Kia) and they both do not have this issue. Has anyone else had this issue

brian

That seems like it's time for a re spray perhaps kia Australia workshop might be able to help or a panel beaters / you possibly could try doing it yourself though it's way too much of a hassle plus paint stripper can be dangerous plus the panel beaters have a section for the paint to dry faster

Simon dagger
Simon daggerasked
Rio

Wich engine more economical 1,4 or 1,6 in my14 and big different in power between two?

luke w

Hi, sorry for late reply, i have driven the 1.4 and it is a lot less powerful in my opinion, i own a 1.6 and have done 300,000 ks and i can get 6.4 litres/100 driving country driving, and 6.9 around town, because you have to put your foot down harder in the 1.4 fuel economy would be similar, also depends which gearbox you go for as well, auto will be less efficient.

oxygen2
oxygen2asked
Rio

I am about to buy a kia reo2 on a 08 plate I've had a test driveand found gear change quite club key is this normal .... the car has done 31.000 miles?

Stevenj32

Hello, my Rio is a 2012, auto, the gear change is acceptable, the 08 model is a lot different to the 2012, you did not mention if it is a manual or auto?, the older Rio,s had 5 speed manuals, the new Rio,s have a 6 speed manual which are quite smooth, hope this helps, to be honest I would avoid Kia to quite truthful, I am not very satisfied with my Rio.

PhilKK

When you're getting used cars, other than current conditions, what more important issues to be considered are the service records and the type of previous drivers. Korean cars are as good as Jap cars but with better warranties. I am more than happy with my Kia. You treat them well and they serve you for yearss.

zeev karmy
zeev karmyasked
Rio

Did anybody have a problem with the oil presure on Kia rio 2010?oil pick up partially blocked.

PhilKK

Not sure about 2010 model, my 2014 has no problem. Your 2010 model should be still under 5yr + 3yr warranty.

Dennis
Dennis

Dear sir: I have a 2006 KIA RIO 1.6L JBEx Sedan Manual with 158,000 kms. Believe it or not,I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. This car is rock solid and I still have the original brake pads,I get it serviced regularly at the local Toyota dealer for $129,00 they do this super duper service and I think they like servicing my KIA instead of those boring recalled Toyotas!

Stevenj32

Hello, our Rio is 2012, 1.4lt, no problems with the oil pickup, though I use Nulon 5W30 synthetic oil, mineral oil did not agree with the engine after changed by dealer, also I put in a engine flush at each oil change which cleans the engines interior, it's amazing how much dirt comes out after the flush and how clean the oil remains in engine, even after 10,000kms, possibly try the flush and change over to synthetic oil and this may help.

Rogz
Rogzasked
Rio DC (2000-2005)

what is the best suspension for the 2000 kia rio station wagon?

Bantam_Pilot

I've never mucked about with the the suspension - ever. Never even had the need to replace a shock absorber. They are not designed to carry a very heavy load so I've never had the need. You are asking the wrong person. Wish I could help but I've no knowledge or experience in these matters.

Skmh
Skmhasked
Rio DC (2000-2005)

Just wondering if anyone has any problems with their 2005 Kia rio starting in summer? Great little car but find during summer its extremely hard to start.

Bantam_Pilot

No. Starts first time the key is turned. Never been any different in hot, cold, wet or dry conditions.

Nicci
Nicciasked
Rio DC (2000-2005)

I have a 03 kia rio and the speedo has stop working do this happen in most kias in this year and if so how can I fix it or what can I do?

Bantam_Pilot

I have never heard of this happening before on any KIA let alone 'our' model. Take it to a mechanic and ask that he source 2nd hand parts from a wreckers to fix the problem. Should be much cheaper to do it that way. I think you've just been unlucky.

ZEEasked
Rio

Need to replace both rear passenger door window rubber seals, any tips?

monaromonaro
monaromonaro

Is this the vertical rubber seal between the fixed glass panel and the wind-down window?

Hi Monaromonaro.

Yes mate. Had a go at it, had to change the complete window rubber because it's a one piece, I only wanted to change the rear quarter light one's. The old ones had rotted ( a known fault with Kia I have been told).

david hambleton
david hambleton

you're right about it being a known fault but if it is still under factory warranty it's covered. friend of mine had a 2007 model with the same problem. took it back to eagers under warranty. no questions asked.

phil
philasked
Rio

Will a 2011 stereo with Bluetooth fit a 2007 kia rio?

Revealing
Revealing

Hi Phil > I am puzzled as to why you would ask this question. The Rio reborn comes with a Blutooth Stereo.

Robyn Jackson
Robyn Jacksonasked
Rio DC (2000-2005)

I've heard that Kia Rio cars only last for 100,000 km before major work is needed. Is this true?

Hi Robyn,

I haven't heard nor experienced that. There is a fairly large 100,000 km service but this is not peculiar to the Kia Rio. All cars have it.

144,000 km and still going strongly with no overhauls - just a new clutch which may not have needed replacing, just adjusting, but I insisted on it being changed over just for peace of mind. $700.

Regards,