Kia Sorento XM Platinum

Kia Sorento XM Platinum (2009-2014)

4.5

Not Happy

Not HappyMelbourne

Beautiful Car...until warranty period runs out.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Sorento mmmmmmmmmm

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

opal88

opal88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love this car!! Makes driving enjoyable!

This car is perfect!! We were after a mid sized car that was smaller than our large 4x4, but bigger than a standard SUV. With 4 kids and a camper trailer to tow, this car is the perfect family car. Great size to park in the smallest spaces, rear view camera makes life easier, comfy travelling over long distances. The heated seats are fantastic on cold days!! It is so lovely to drive, I find I drive slower to enjoy it more! Cheap to run, looks great, very quiet and extremely reliable!! Heaps of comfort and style without the hefty price tag.... Will be buying another some day! So glad I read other people's reviews about other makes... I am one happy customer! Well worth a test drive to see for yourself!

whiskey

whiskeySydney, NSW

Best value for money on the market

Handles like an SUV. Great mileage - 6.5l/100 on country with a full load. Has every extra. Saved thousands on similar alternatives that were available. 5 yr warranty is now 7 yr warranty. Can't pass this offer up. Only issue is finding Kia servicing. All the KIA service centres round Sydney CBD/Eastern suburbs no longer do servicing - only sales. Strange.

Tiptoes

TiptoesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a ripper!

My wife has the Platinum Diesel pearl white. We fight over who drives. Brilliant fuel economy (under 7 l/100km on highway with ac), comfortable, safe. Plenty of power. Fits 3 kiddy seats across the back. Love it and will buy another when the time comes. Oh yeah, 7 years unlimited kilometre warranty plus fixed price servicing. This is cheap motoring that isn't "cheap". Thank you very much Blackburn Kia who are great.

PT18

PT18Melbourne

Platinum - Go for it!

Bought a demo Platinum XM few months back and simply loving it. It's got its platinum feel and the red built in lights catch anyone's eyes at night. Packed with all features you'd look for in a car: GPS, 10 speakers audio, panaromic sunroof, heated/vantilated seats and list goes on...fuel economy and power is very good for this 7 seater. The only couple of downside I find is, very firm seats and sometimes bumpy rides, but overall good value for money! And with 7 yrs warranty, you cannot go wrong!

Impressive Platinum

Frank_Schouten

Frank_SchoutenPerth, WA

Reliable and great for towing medium size caravan

Paul97

Paul97AU

Happy owner 2012 Kia Sorrento Platnium

All I can say is wow this beast has great torque, great fuel economy, tows my van like a dream, and has all the creature comforts that you can ask for. Can't keep my lovely wife out of the drivers seat, still at least I van have the occasional beer. Great pricing and Kia dealer go the extra mile to assist. The Kia has never missed a beat to date happy as for over 4 years
    Performance, inclusions, ride, style
    Dash not visible in bright light, passenger seat needs same as drivers options

BadgePlatinum

A dream to drive! And a Kia ... who would have thought?!

buzz_bianca80
    buzz_bianca80
    Pyropeter

PyropeterBendigo

Warranty Great ! Until you need to use it.

We have a 2014 platinum. At 80K front seat has collapsed and foam crumbling. I have been told this is normal wear and tear, and not covered. I see now they are offering an 7 year warranty. Sounds great until you need to use it. Then watch them duck for cover with every excuse under the sun.

BM

BMMelbourne

Koreans rival the Japanese for quality.

CM

CMPerth

So much to love

I never thought I would buy a Kia but after reading reviews on this site I decided to take a look and am so glad I did.
    It is packed with so many great features - seat warmers/coolers, doors automatically lock when you start driving, push start, moonroof ,sun shades on rear windows, I could keep going on forever!
    The drive is also very smooth and comfortable.
    Only things that could be improved are middle seats don't get a lot of aircon- this is fine once car has cooled down, if 3rd row is in use no room in the boot and we have had a few minor problems with the sat nav (which I will let them know about at the next service).
    I have had the car for 6 months and very happy with it.
    Kia Sorento Platinum 2013

AlastairAuckland

I spent a couple of weeks going around car yards

An outstanding car

Fantastic SUV

We bought the Sorento Platinum about 5 weeks ago. Love this car, exceeds everything we wanted. The seats are fantastic, even more comfortable than my Honda Accord. The power in the little 2.2 turbo diesel is amazing, overtaking is a breeze. The fuel economy is even better, i'm down to as low as 6,6lt / 100 klm's. Would recommend to anyone wanting a value packed all rounder.
    Power, Fuel economy, Seats, Sun Roof, Build Quality.
    Plastics scratch easily. Nothing else.

FPV Rulz

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA mate its 5 weeks old. A good car is when it lasts over 7 years without a problem, just like our 2006 ba falcon xr6 turbo. Not one problem, now that's a good car, not a 5 week old Korean el cheapo.

Peachy!nsw

Dream Drive!

Scorpio-MB

Thanks, good review...i am thinking of buying his vehicle!

Peachy!

5 years later-getting 7.2L fuel economy (country kms) and still love it...no regrets-just wish it had better towing capacity and better GPS

Mick

MickLisarow

Next Gen Sorento Platinum Is a winner

Simply stunning in almost every way. The features are unending, seat heaters and coolers, moon roof, push button start, key less entry, great sat nav, effortless Bluetooth, decent power, self adjusting seats, rear camera. I'm a gadget man and I'm in heaven. The suspension seemed a tad spongy till I pushed it through the corners then it seemed stiffer.
    Fuel Economy. Long list of standard features. Sun/Moon Roof is amazing.
    A tad noisy compared to our 528i BMW. Spongy suspension at slow speeds.

Rob2638

Rob2638Adelaide

Looking to purchase a 2013 Sorento Platinum diesel

joep7
    joep7

Yeh...I thought the same and so I just bought one to replace my Mazda CX7....Ticks all the boxes!

Wayne
    Wayne

We bought a late model 2011 Sorento new (Diesel) and have 60,000km's on it already. It has been a fantastic car, drives great, excellent fuel economy, it's the best car I have ever owned. Take care Wayne