20Kia Sorento

Martyn
MartynSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
  Sorento 2WD Petrol Si

Great family car

We've had our Sorento for about 18 months now and it has been a fantastic family car. It replaced a Ford Territory which we loved but the Sorento feels a cut above in almost every category

Pros:

* Drives well- very relaxed to drive and has heaps of power

* Fuel economy is streets ahead of the Territory

* Great quality interior - feels like a luxury vehicle even in Si trim

* Even the third row of seats is comfortable for bigger kids - or even adults for short trips

* Plenty of boot space for family holidays

Cons:

* Petrol is 4x2 not AWD

* At high speed does not feel as well planted as the Territory did (it can feel a bit jittery over uneven ground)

* Tow ball is max 100kg down ball weight

Sam
SamMelbourne13 posts
  Verified Sorento AWD Diesel Si

Absolutely blown away, best decision in a long time

We bought a 2017 Sorrento CRDi in November. Got a great price from the dealer, as 2018 were about to show up at showrooms. Took it for a long 7,000 KMs drive up from VIC to QLD and back, with 100KGs of weight in the boot and 3 kids. Initially I was sceptic to buy a KIA, but I must say, I have been thoroughly impressed with the drive, durability, reliability and fuel performance. We got a 6.2L/100Kms overall on our trip (Diesel). A/C was fantastic in QLD heat and drive was smooth as silk.

Josh4571
Josh4571Sydney, NSW10 posts
  Sorento AWD Diesel GT-Line
Performance
Alison D
Alison DTownsville5 posts

Love my car

Moved from a carols to the Sorrento upon the birth of my daughter. Love how it drives like a small car and is so good on fuel (diesel). Very quiet car, however the warning systems can be very loud and annoying (red light camera etc)... however I need to work out how to turn these off.

Beck
Beck2 posts

Great family car

Great family car I have four kids and the 7 seats are perfect. There is enough room for an extra person. Very fuel efficient. I like how it does a scan of the car before you drive it it is very accurate it told me my air pressure was low so for a single lady this is really great

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne78 posts
Sri
SriSydney, NSW2 posts
  Sorento AWD Diesel GT-Line

Amazing car! Best automobile decision

Great performer on road, Highway drive provides me a great fuel economy too.

Apple play not available even in the top most model (GT version), Only disappointment I have!

Never an issue and the 7-year warranty is the best in market anyway. Interiors dual tone could be extended into other colours to attract more attention.

Ezzac
EzzacMelbourne13 posts

Perfect Family Car

We had looked at several SUVS for our family of 5. We wanted a 7 seater as we still have 2 children in car seats. The Sorrento stood out a mile from all of the competition. We are so happy with our purchase we have the 7 seater platinum diesel. Very economical on fuel, beautiful to drive and I love love the heated seats. It is a pleasure to drive and doesn't feel like a huge tractor.

Emms
EmmsPerth7 posts
  Sorento AWD Diesel Si

My Stylish Baby

I have been driving this stylish baby for 2 years now. No problems so far and why worry when the services are great. Excellent performance, great pick up and speed(few speeding fines :( ). Running cost is very low, couldn't be happier. I am driving Sorento Diesel, with $70 fuel, it can go up to 650km mileage, with this sort of consumption I am only fueling up twice a month.

The back seat legroom which is the 6th and 7th seaters are great, in fact, the best in the market. I haven't come across another 7 seaters with such spacious legroom. The back seats can be used by adults as well.

It is a reliable, spacious, comfortable and stylish family car. Love it !!

Carey
leeloNorth Queensland, QLD22 posts
Tunja
Tunja2 posts

Awesome car. Highly recommended

Driving experience is great. Comfortable, low road noise, handling excellent.

Dashboard configuration is getting better as kia grows in stature, but still a bit plasticy in certain areas. Going on how far they've come already it won;t be to long before it is a close to perfection as possible.

Reliability is fantastic and Kia now has 7 year warranty which is hard to beat. A little thirsty early on until its run in, but extremely economical on the highway.

Paul38

Find out how Kia Sorento compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Chris
ChrisGold Coast5 posts

Love my Sorento so much!

Coming from a 1.8l hatchback, I am very satisfied with the Sorento's handling, acceleration and power. The cabin is very comfortable and quite, in fact quieter than my petrol hatchback. On the safety, after getting one of ANCAP's highest score I am confident that my two toddlers are safe in this car. Having two toddlers, the cargo can swallow all their things, plus it has the convenient of having 7 seats. The only let down is there is no apple CarPlay support, but still i will give it a 5*

Raj V
Raj VSydney19 posts

Liked it so much I got another Sorento

This car is very good value. Comfortable, luxurious, good tech, great size inside. I had the 2013 SLi Sorento for 3 years and when it came time to replace it, I had no hesitation getting another one. I have Sunset Red colour (more of a brown than red really).

The new model is definitely bigger in the 2nd and 3rd rows, while the boot is much bigger with all seats deployed.

Only issue is the sat nav seems to be tempermental in recognizing touch input so far.

Ariel C
Ariel C2 posts
ReviewStar1million
ReviewStar1millionSydney, NSW17 posts

Great car I've ever owned. Just wish it had DAB

Greatest car I've ever owned. Had it now for 8 months and still a dream to drive.

Love the heated and air conditioned seats.

Love the comfy seats.

Love the driving experience

Love the sun roof

Love 7 year warranty

Hate the fact that gps struggles to find satellites for time.

Hate the fact it doesn't have dab radio

The only let down is the gps and radio

Lesley Sullivan
Lesley SullivanTweed Heads South, NSW12 posts

Love it Too

Hi Julien

Agree with everything you say. We purchased our Sorento Platinum in June 2015 so have had it 12 months now. We had the earlier model Kia Sorento Platinum and whilst that only had 14,000lms on the clock we had to have the new model with all the additional bells and whistles. We are only a couple so it is probably a bit big for us but we love it anyway.

Julien
Julien
megane
meganeMcKinnon4 posts

Great car & very economical

I bought this as i wanted something safe to drive my son in, along with a reliable compact 4wd. I've owned the Sorento for almost 1yr and its been fantastic. Very economical for a 4wd and the 2.2 litre engine has lots of go. Quiet & comfy. Great visibility too.

Geoff D
Geoff DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
Lizziebiz
Lizziebiz10 posts

Love This Car!

We love this car. So roomy and heaps of added extras. We have 6 people in our family and we're so glad we traded our Prado in for this car. I love leather seats in a mid range model. Sat nav works well and so does the cruise control and climate control. It drives beautifully and is more affordable than others such as the Kluger or Mazda.

The only negative is the placement of the hazard lights. We always find that we lean on it whilst programming the sat nav or using the touch screen.

Best thing about it is it's comfortable. The power tail gate that senses you and opens automatically. Plus the doors that unlock when you walk up to it. Best purchase I ever made!

Ronel