Kia Sportage KM

Kia Sportage KM (2005-2010)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kane

KanePerth, WA

.Excellent value

This little car is spacious reliable comfortable and economical You can fit a bath tub in the back not just a kitchen sink.Its not a Mercedes, but its practical sensible and economical. I will definitely buy another Kia which is a BIG surprise.

Purchased in April 2010.

Year2008

James D

James DPerth, WA

Most Reliable Car i've ever had

Could not fault this car, 2007 model, 11 years old and hasn't skipped a beat. Looked at other cars like rav4's tucsons and cx7. Drove this, yes the power isn't mind blowing but it's got a great interior faux leather and cloth stands up great to everyday wear an tear. Rear seats fold down flat (like actually flat, can chuck a mattress in and its still level.

No oil leaks, have done a major service and new tyres no issues at all to note, have taken it 4wding in 2wd and it's really capable. Strongly recommend for a safe reliable first car

BadgeLX
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJul 2014
Jess

JessAdelaide

Wasnt the car I originally wanted but cant see myself without it

BadgeSE
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Omg the radio-don’t bother

The electrics are nice but when they start playing up-the dealership is really no help-so do not get a car out of warranty-the electric will cost you probably just as much as the car and the dealership won’t really be helpful-so now I have no radio if I have issues with a radio good luck with other real mechanical issues.never buying a Kia again

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

tan

tan

good suv

i received this car from my father
i like this because it is very simple and modern
Also neat anf cozy i think it is the best suv in the kia
i don't like just one thing
this exterior so old to young people but almost perpect in my opinion

Date PurchasedMar 2007

Fiona

Fiona

nice car

This is the first car I bought and I love it. I bought the car from a NZ family and they would move back to their country. I have it for 2 years and drive it everyday. It is stable, safety and the 4wd seems nice. I like the design as well.

BadgeEX
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Engine performance

Yes it has a good look but the car doesn't really have enough power. If we compare it with other like cars in the market it has much less power so I don't think that it is recommendable because it will take the same fuel as other but will produce less power which means more fuel consumption but yes in cities it's good but not on country side obviously.

BadgeEX

Perfect for the family

We just bought a 2006 model V6 it has excellent fuel consumption and power the body design is really nice. I am putting on a tow bar to tow a small van. We just bought it in late February it only has 50,000km on the clock, no marks on the body or interior. Love driving it, easy to park, power to match. I love it.

tinex79

tinex79AU

Sportage 2007 turbo diesel

I own my turbo diesel Sportage for 3 years, never had problems, runs like brand new, very economical .... I've done 107 000km with standard services (oil and filters) runs like petrol engine, only thing I've change is the tyres :) ..... The only problem for the turbo diesel is that is coming only in manual :(
Price, economical SUV, the space inside, interior, 4WD with all the safety things (ESP, ABS, etc)
The worst thing is the name KIA... people thing is a low class people car :)

SonJoNix

SonJoNixAU

Kia-ing along just nicely

Dang

Dang

Good

Would definitely recommend this car. Excellent value for money. Compares well to other 4WD's on the market. We purchased our 2006 Sportage new one year ago this month and have been very happy.
Love the price. Roomy, quiet, smooth drive. Value for money.
Fuel economy could be better.

manda25

manda25

carguy

carguy

NMc

NMcAU

Terrible

I purchased a Kia Sportage Platinum that I picked up at the end of December 2010, I was really chuffed with the car until last weekend. The car suddenly started overheating, then couldn't grab a gear when accelerating. The car completely stopped and had to be towed back to Kia. Issue is apparently the radiator coolant and engine coolant have somehow mixed and caused further issues with the transmission. Here is a link to the video I took of the car, would encourage anyone to watch this (with sound) before purchasing a new Kia Sportage
The Looks, the styling
The engine, reliability issues, lack of Kia after sale service

sa85md

sa85md

Good

Good shape, maneuvering is good, seats are not comfortable in long drive, mirror angels are good for driving, radio-recorder system is nice, A/C is efficient, hight is suitable for all ages. Dashboard has nice looking and handy, wide glasses.
Nice design comparing with others in same grade, rigid in the streets, price is competitive.
Fuel consuming is high, seats need to be more comfortable.

Sam

Samasked

Is That Okay To Buy? Tell Me Honestly?

Bec W
Bec W

Yes. It's genuinely a great car

Denise
Denise

Just used mine to tow a one ton camper trailer and even my husband commented on how easy it tows. Love my car.

Maxasked

I am looking to buy a 2009 KM LX ( FWD) kia Sportage Any suggestion please.

TREV
TREV

I am sure you'll find the sportage a great little car, as I drive one and have never had a problem since buying it new

Max

I will considerate in buy it

K4T

K4Tasked

Looking at possibly purchasing a 2005 Sportage as the family car, can i get some feedback from others please. good or bad? Thanks!

PeteS
PeteS

Hi K4T, I'm not sure about this year model. I know the sl model which came out from I think 2010 was a big improvement on the previous model. If you can stretch your budget I would be looking at the newer model. Apparently the base model is very good.

Get an answer from our members and Kia representatives

CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVs