Kia Sportage QL Platinum AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic

Kia Sportage QL Platinum AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2016)

Great Car with amazing features

Great car, feels like a spaceship with lane keep (steers itself to stay in lane) and adaptive cruise control (auto breaks and automatically takes off again).

It's brand new and been waiting for the latest MY19 to have these new features, well worth the wait.

The GT version has everything so no need to option anything, the option lists on others is mind blowing but this has everything no need to option up at all. Australian tuned suspension apparently done in SYD, feels great on the road.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Sat Nav updates

Whilst the car itself is good, the Sat Nav is almost useless. I was promised annual free updates when I purchased (July 2016). At the time the map was out of date - asked for an update at 1 year service and told non available. Just taken for 2 year service and was advised I could have an update for $280, with no guarantee of any future updates.
Service say that sales should not have promised this and they get lost of complaints - and the internet is full of issues like this.
I have 3 systems on my phone - they all get free updates every few months so not sure why Kia are so bad - the large screen is nicer and easier to use than my phone but the maps - especially in a rapidly developing area - are almost useless
UPDATE
Sales have agreed to do ONE free update so marginally better than I originally said - but still not very good

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Sportage Platinum - Excellent

I traded my wonderful Captiva 5 in for the Kia Sportage Platinum last November. To date it has performed brilliantly. Great fuel economy, smooth, quite ride, responsive when need be, generous boot, comfortable for passengers - particularly the dogs!
Splashed out and bought top of the range - love leather seats, hot and cold seating for front driver and passenger. Still trying to work out all the extras that come with this vehicle. The side traffic alerts are fantastic. I haven't used the auto parking as yet - but will get around too it some time no doubt.
Oh - and at the first service it was connected to Apple so I can access apps etc from my iphone.
The on-board gps is great. Tells me coming up to speed cameras / school zones etc and when I'm over the speed limit.
So far I have nothing but praise for this vehicle and have no hesitation in recommending the Sportage Platinum for anyone considering purchase.

November 15th 2017 Update: 12 Months Review - Kia Sportage Platinum

Well I’ve owned and driven my Kia Sportage Platinum model for 12 months. It’s been a delight and even now I’ve not used the “Parking” option as yet. I run it on Unleaded 94 and get about 450 k’s to tank of fuel around town and great economy when on longer trips to Southern Highlands! It’s very comfortable for my passengers (3 dogs lol). I would buy another Sportage in a heart beat.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

ACC is not available

Why the KIA Sportage does not have the life saving ACC feature is an utter mystery to me.
But what is worse, is that a KIA dealership manager told me that the Sportage I was sitting in, inside his showroom, next to his desk, had Adaptive Cruise Control. I asked him specifically if the Sportage did have ACC.
He said it did. He was lying.
In fact, KIA Australia emailed me and were quite complexed about this.
They informed me that ACC was not in any Sportage and was not even an option.
=================
They advertise the KIA being parked with Park Assist, so I reckon most people might simply assume it would also have ACC.
But it only has Cruise Control with speed limiter.
Any one who has ever driven both ACC or CC would never opt for the old style CC.
I found CC bloody dangerous. Sometimes my 2013 Hyundai i30 it would surge from 100 up to 110 after cresting a hill.
The i30 was my first ever car with cruise control.
After some near misses of rear ending mishaps it's one of the the reasons I started searching for a new vehicle and upping the size from a hatchback to a SUV with a safer type of cruise control.
===================
After 6 months of diligent research I ended up buying the already fully specced up Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 Crossover Premium.
The only extras I opted for were the Towing Pack and Extra Privacy Windows.
It was delivered in only 2 weeks and cost all up with on roads at $49,000.
It comes with everything as standard. Including 9 airbags.
All the more well known similar sized SUV's or Crossovers have to be heavily price optioned up to be as equipped as the Skoda Scout Premium. All have a few things missing in their safety or convenience features such as the Sportage's lack of ACC.
Simply Clever,.The Scout feels as though it takes me for a drive every time I get in it.
Brillaint.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

delar blacktown

Iam very disappointed, upset and so annoyed with Kia dealers in Blacktown specially the manager they have played, laired and cheated on us on top of the above they have bad customer service. they have all the idiot attitude to deal with us. i have purchesed sportage 2017 but they have gave us a contract with vehcile 2016 and the dealer main thing was not talking to us properly til we pay $3000 so they can deal with us. So now we are waiting on the court date as they wouldn't like to deal with our solicitor even.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sorry, there are no questions about Kia Sportage QL Platinum AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2016) but you can read 82 questions about Kia Sportage.

Sportage QL Platinum AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrol
Engine4 Cylinder, 2.4L
Max Power135kW@6000rpm
Max Torque237Nm@4000rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth Korea
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), Active Cruise Control, AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Traction Control
Extra Features Android Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry, Power Steering, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice Control
Ground Clearance172 mm