Kia Sportage QL Si 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Kia Sportage QL Si 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2019)

Fantastic Car

Needed a car that was newer and with a higher riding height (am nearly 7' tall) so spent alot of time looking at the different cars available and ended up sold on the Sportage. We owned a Kia (cerato) previously and were very happy with the warranty and servicing. We also managed to buy this with 300km on the clock at a greatly reduced price.
Both my wife and I enjoy driving this vehicle everytime we get in it. Have noticed that the fuel consumption is slightly higher then advertised for highway use (advertised 6.1L/100km but we're lucky to get 7L/100km driving for 3hours on the freeway. Combined of 7.8L/100km is spot on though.
Love that the rear seats can be adjusted back as well - handy when others travelling in the car either need more space or want to have a snooze.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bullet Proof SUV

This Sportage was delivered 4/4/2016 and now has 56299klms on the clock. On holidays we tow a Johnoo's Camper Trailer behind it on both bitumen & dirt roads no problems. Last trip from Sydney to Cameron Corner which is back of Burke over Black Stump Creek and it never gave any trouble at all. It's the base model but has everything we want in it. Kia have maintained the vehicle perfectly and we will be sorry to see it go when it reaches 90,000klms. Like all 4 cylinder engines if you keep the revs up they work well. If you drop the revs then don't expect them to perform well.
We will replace it with another Sportage when the time comes

Purchased in April 2016.

Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort
Still loving it with 80,000 klms up. No problems except for some small accident damage repair to Kia's standard.Now has 94,000 klms up and still going strong with 4 years of new car Warranty left. Sadly as it is a fleet vehicle we will hand it back in 1000 klms. We want another Kia Sportage to replace it.

Great Car, Super Reliable

We got the Kia Sportage SI this year and have been impressed with the range of features and especially with how it drives. We couldn't give it the full 5 stars as we have had intermittent issues with the radio, however the car is ultra reliable, tech inside is good and the fuel consumption is great. The 7 year warranty is a huge bonus.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

As time moves forward so does our cars!

So I decided to wait a few months before I got on trusty Product Review. I bought my 2016 Kia in August 2017 and so far I'm satisfied. Very satisfied. I cannot believe how long it took me to get to the petrol station considering I was driving daily. The interior is beautiful with no-brainer gadgets to play with. Very roomy at the back with great leg-room. I love the boot. My other car has limited boot space so this was a must for me to pack all sorts and not having to play tetris!

What I was not too sure about is the air-conditioner. Maybe i'm comparing to other car models but with our demanding heat I expected a lot more. The car does not take off as powerful as I thought it would but when it drives and accelerates, it's brilliant.

The steering makes driving secure and I had no problem parallel parking considering it is a mid-size SUV.

I am looking forward to years of driving my Kia. It's stylish, modern, comfortable and ready for long trips. I've heard good things about Kia but now I own one I'm impressed.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Everything I wanted it to be. Still a Great car.

Update on my experience with my KIA Sportage - It's almost 3 years since I bought this car and it has been 3 years of driving pleasure. The car has performed faultlessly and still feels solid and new.
The only thing I could ask for is a little more power from the 2-litre motor which works well with the 6-speed Auto. Optioning up to get a better motor costs many thousands of dollars, which I couldn't justify at the time of buying the car.

The big ticks for this car are the build quality, economy and passenger comfort. There is peace of mind knowing you have a 7-year factory warranty too.

There are some irritating minor things I still haven't gotten used to:

- The audio system has a touch screen that is very unresponsive - you have to continually stab at the screen and hope to get a response. It really let's the whole car down.
- No 12V plug in the luggage area is a big minus.

The sound quality of the hands-free system is great. It is clear and there are no problems with the microphone picking up my voice. So much better compared to my Hyundai i30's hands free. It was so bad that I had to buy an external hands-free system to bypass the extremely poor unit built in to the car.

I've stopped using KIA Dealerships for servicing as they are extremely expensive compared to quality independent service centres. It must be a real cash cow for the dealers as they are ringing regularly to remind me to book in for services.

Overall, I am very pleased with the car and I intend to buy another one when the time comes.

Below is my original review from 2016 when I had just bought the car:

After 25 years of driving Japanese cars, I took a leap of faith and bought my first SUV, a Kia Sportage.
I was worried about the build quality, but after one drive I was convinced this car was streets ahead of anything on the market.
Now that I've owned it for 10 months, I am convinced it was the best decision I made to buy it. The Auto transmission is a dream, especially compared to those CVT's that are around at the moment.
The car is well built, quality interior and it drives better than my bosses BMW X5!

Plenty of room for all and a solid feel in the way it drives and handles. Best of all, 7 years of unlimited warranty. When our Corolla moves on, we'll be straight back to the Kia dealer for our second Sportage.

Dislikes: There is no CD player, and the touch screen on the entertainment system is totally useless and frustrating. You have to keep stabbing at the screen to get it to react.
*If you want more power, go to the diesel engine because the 2 litre petrol is adequate for everyday driving but would not cut it with heavier loads or any sort of towing.

Purchased in May 2016 at Northern Motor Group for $27,990.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

it was great, but no car is perfect

This car was a rental, it had 29,000kms... I was so happy when i saw this car driving to me for collection as i always wanted to test drive it. Coming from a BMW series 1, I was instantly liking the standard features.

BUT remember, no car is perfect and sometimes you do get a lemon from all the oranges. 2nd week in and a few gremlins popped up.

Every time you turn the car on you have to "agree" to access the infotainment.... WHY???? i got so sick it
The aircond is flaky, all settings max cold but was blowing outside air it eventually went cold. So now doing this on a couple of days. Also i hate it when you change to max it looses your settings and go to default (blows to face, this also happens to golf VW) why have this feature?????
other issue is the transmission. drive mode is normal accelerating and then suddenly free revs to readline. Feels like it missed a gear happened twice already. These things will hopefully be fixed under warranty.

All the other reviews of this car is correct and i actually still love it, but probably get the GT/platinum for the 4x4 and turbo.

Date PurchasedMar 2017