Kia Sportage QL Si Premium 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Kia Sportage QL Si Premium 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic (2017-2019)

Everything has been thought of.

I love my new Kia Sportage its been amazing to drive with all the standard tech and safety for a suv under 31K. The car is 3 months old I have done 6500km so far it’s been great I love the big touchscreen, the automatic brake system and the lane keep I do turn the lane keep off around town but on the highway it’s great. Going to be doing a brisbane to Sydney road trip at the end of February this year with myself, wife and son (2.5 years old ) so that will be a good test.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
DriveFWD

An excellent vehicle but maybe with Nexon tyres that are not suitable for wet weather

I purchased the Sportage Premium Si to replace a Mitusbishi Outlander. On my first drive, I decided to buy it. It has low level road noise, good fuel economy and very comfortable seating. The steering is light and positive, with no effort it follows the curves as it is on railway tracks.I have not regretted my decision.
The driver's seat seems to wrap around me, giving good back support.
Plenty of sound proofing, even to the point of rubber seal between the bonnet and the front panel. I do not recall seeing that on a car before.
I have done some day trips, I get out of the car as fresh as when I left.
Initially I was told to set the engine to eco setting, but I switched it to Normal, definitely runs smoother with better gear changing. Fuel economy on a trip is about the 7 l/100k
On the highway with 2 people, heaps of luggage, it sits on 100 kph no effort at all
However there is always a but. Just after I purchased it, I was told about a review by a News Ltd paper casting doubt on the wet weather ability if fitted with Nexon tyres.
I wrote to Nexon about the report and I was assured that the newspaper report was not accurate. I was happy with this until it finally rained in Brisbane. There is a right turn lane which I use regularly and in the dry weather, no problems. However, with only light rainfall, the left hand front front wheels spins when I drive off. No heavy accelerating. So my concern is if the wheel spins from a stop at a set of lights, what will happen at high speed on a highway.
I have been asking around the motor trade about my concerns and it seems car retailers can order vehicles specifying the tyre brand. The general comment is that Nexon equipped vehicles come at a lower buy price because they are of a lower quality.
One comment was to replace the tyres at my cost, 4 months and 7000 klms later after I purchased the Sportage. No a good idea.
The difficulty I face is putting the claims about the Nexon tyres to the test, I cannot test the tyres on the highway in wet weather at 100kph.
So the present situation is that I will be concerned about our safety in wet weather. It will not be helpful if the claim about the Nexon tyres, supported by my experience in wet weather, is true as I slide into a road side ditch.
This is the link to the comment on the Nexon tyres
So in summary, I am really pleased with my Sportage, comfortable, very quite, and good to drive. Could be classified as a poor Man's Rolls Royce. Peace of mind in wet weather would be a bonus.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great car

I use the car for general commuting to and from work and also for longer family trips on the weekend. It fits the 2 car seats and an adult across the back seat and plenty of room for luggage and a pram in the back.
I have had it almost 1 year without a problem!
A fantastic car and would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent All-rounder

Wow. Have Kia come a long way in the last few years. Have only owned this vehicle for a couple of months but am very impressed. The level of equipment, particularly safety equipment for the second most basic model is amazing. Build quality is very good and Kia offer a 7 year warranty. Have previously not been a fan of SUV's but this one is great to drive. Power and fuel economy are about what you would expect without being outstanding. Plenty of room for passengers and luggage. Very impressed with this car so far.

Purchased in June 2018 for $30,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

A world class SUV

First South Korean vehicle I have purchased and so happy I did. Was looking for a wagon or SUV of that size for mainly metro but some rural travel.
I had read a lot about what Peter Schreyer had done with Kia and it is all true. The car has a lot of "German" feel in design, NVH and dynamics at a value the Germans couldn't or won't match.
The vehicle packs a lot of primary and secondary safety; has a good Satnav and a full-size spare wheel. The head and leg room for a tall person is excellent without encroaching on back seat room.
Bassd on early days experience with previous new car purchases, I have to say this one is a cut above.
I went for the petrol as it has more than enough power and I believe we will follow Europe's lead and ban diesels before long making them a socially unpopular choice to own.

Definitely worth serious consideration given all the above plus a good running cost and warranty equation.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Simply Brilliant

Have only just purchased this car but just love it. Has so many safety and standard features. Beautiful to drive and very economical. Being older and with back and health problems it is very easy to get into and out of. Driving position is excellent and seats are very comfortable. Good headroom and reasonable legroom front and back. Plenty of luggage space.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent car

Excellent car. Economical, no frills, good value for money. Corners well. Wi fi is easy to set up. Good boot space. No completely silent but acceptable. interior no frills, would have liked leather but that would have increased the pice.

Reliability is A1, no problems at all. In all, a good car.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good car for the money

Good car for the price, bought mine in September 2015 only wish I had had more faith in the product and had bought a model with more features like the GT range, the 7 year warranty is amazing, the interior is neat and reasonably spacious for a medium suv , only thing i could fault is the engine size for this model, great for city driving, school drop offs and pick ups, shopping, we do short trips away with 4 adults and baggage and it keeps up, don't like the rear air conditioning on this year/ model as they have placed the vents on the floor under the front seats not in the middle console, never checked that before I bought it and the air flow in the back is rubbish, the front it is good but if you turn it down then the people in the back get hot, reversing camera is in the rear view mirror and is very small but at least you have some vision of what is behind you. Petrol consumption is good and i have not had any problems with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

SI Premium - a delight to drive

I purchased my Kia Sportage after much research about vehicles of this size. The Kia had the best options and inclusions, and so it was a natural choice. The handling is marvellous, and there is minimal road noise. The only qualm I have is around the performance of the engine, as it sometimes feels a bit underdone.

The legroom in the car is excellent, especially after I changed from my work car, a Mazda CX-3.
So far so good in terms of reliability! Cost is around $65-80 to fill up depending on the petrol station and time of the year.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

great car for our family - packed with features

Recently changed over from a Suzuki Grand Vitara to Kia Sportage MY2017 Si Premium. Really like the visibility from the front window and size of the reverse mirror. For a tallish person this has reduced my blindspots at roundabouts. The car is fairly responsive to pickup from stationary positions or when needing to suddenly accelerate or brake.

Packed full of modern features, altough to some degree I miss having a CD player in the deck. In the two months of having the vehicle, have driven in country and metro areas and the ride is smooth and really comfortable with plenty of room for young kids in the back seats (plus back air-con vents are a big win on hot days).

Boot space is handy for pram space compared to the grand vitara due to the hatchback feel and we were able to pack up our family to take a trip to the country with the pram, portable cot, food, toys etc and still had a little room for additional items.

Really good car - so glad we made the switch and really love servicing at yearly intervals, not 6 monthly.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect

It looks nice inside out it also all the tech sat Nav reverse camera front sensors cruise and climate control apple
It's also a super comfortable and smooth drive
Fuel economy so far is good it is still new so will get better and $29000 7year warranty you can't go wrong

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Happy!

good car so far, heaps of bang for the bucks, the diesel is powerful and a pleasure to drive.
had car 6 months and love it. I have recommended the car to a friend with no regrets the love it too, In-fact my friend prefers to drive his wife's Sportage more than his Audi A4!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

2017 Sportage ! PERFECT !

Bought the New Kia Sportage 2017 make just 3 months ago. I love driving this car, superb in design and drive both. Good performance so far. It is a good value for money SUV. Spacious inside, interiors are satisfactory. I would recommend to spend a few more dollars and buy Si Premium as it has a better interior upgrade. :)

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good specs in the amount you pay !

I really like the KIA Sportage Si Premium. I bought it recently in red colour which really looks amazing and so does the exterior. More specs available in KIA Si Premium than the base model. Good value for money. I drive it everyday for at least 80 Km. therefore, so far no issues at all. Would recommend if you don't want to spend much on a car but still would love to have above average specs.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great car, Highly recommend.

I've had this car for almost 2 years and it still drives as though I picked it up from the dealership yesterday. It is very roomy but doesn't feel large on the road and it's very zippy for a 4cyl, especially compared to some other brands I test drove. Excellent value for price and with 7 year warranty and road side assist! Servicing is also very affordable. When it is time to upgrade I think my only change would be moving up to the new Sportage GT model

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great Family Car

I love my 2015 Kia Sportage . It's a great car to drive , handles really well around corners , no noise at all , smooth .
I really like the reverse camera , the display when reversing is in the rear vision mirror , so when reversing its easy to see what behind you , it also beeps if something is behind the vehicle which makes it really easy to stop.
I am 6'1 so the legroom was something we looked at , no issue in the Kia at all , plenty of room in the back for the 2 kids and heaps of boot room , backseats even fold down to get large items in there .
Dashboard display is good as well , well lit and all buttons easy to use . My daughter loves driving the car and the fact she can play her music with the blue tooth is a bonus, plus answer the phone with a quick push of a button without taking her eyes off the road is great to

Date PurchasedMay 2015

I love my Kia

I love my 2016 Kia Sportage . It's a great car to drive , handles really well around corners , no noise at all , smooth .
Hubby is 6'4 so the legroom was something we looked at , no issue in the Kia at all , plenty of room in the back for the 2 kids and heaps of boot room , backseats even fold down to get large items in there .
Dashboard display is good as well , well lit and all buttons easy to use .
On petrol it does use a bit that's the only downer on the car , but the rest of the car makes up for that.

Date PurchasedJun 2015