Kia Sportage SL Platinum

Kia Sportage SL Platinum (2010-2015)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brenda

BrendaPerth, WA

Not as good as other SUV'S

I drive my car regularly to commute. From the start the inbuilt Sat Nav hasn't been reliable no matter what the weather is. I took it back at least three times under warranty but gave up in the end. It is not a quiet or smooth drive. Also, not as economical as others (diesel).

Purchased in May 2013 at Kia Dealers for $34,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013

Lamexy

LamexyMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Perfect car for a small family

Perfect car. bought the 2010 SL platinuim full option 3 yrs ago from used car garage. ac compressor replaced last year. Apart from that it has served us since 2016 to date. still going. always answers us each time we call on it. Now looking forward to a 7 seater bc of growing family. will dearly miss the sportage. i am looking forward to another Korean car like Hyundai santa fe.

Purchased in February 2016 for $17,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2010
inxs

inxsAU

A reliable & strong SUV

Over 50k done on this SUV and still running strong.
Diesel Fuel economy around 8l/100km mainly city driving.
Has a good acceleration curve, plenty of punch for highway overtaking.
Not one sign of a leak or problem with the car.

Cons:
Missed out on the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on this years model.
No car lane monitoring in side windows for preimium model.
Paint seems to scratch easily.
Can't set North to top on Map.
Pretty limited audio and map settings for being a premium model.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
DriveAWD
JM

JM

Diesel in this is a winner. Reliable, honest vehicle.

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Leon68

Leon68Perth, WA

Well designed and excellent value

This car presents as a premium quality vehicle and well above average for its price. Cabin comfort is very good and instrumentation is more than adequate. With rear view camera housed in the mirror and knobs on the radio (not press control) and comfortable seating with good upholstery - it has the attention to detail that you expect to find on a better than average car. The All Wheel Drive (AWD) feature provides excellent road holding. The driver's highway view is excellent due to the vehicle's higher positioning than i.e 'closer to the road' smaller family cars. As an SUV its overall presence on the road is excellent (not easily 'bullied' out of the way by large trucks or impatient road hogs).

Date PurchasedAug 2018

bt1531951

bt1531951NSW, 2731

Fantastic motoring

Purchased this for my wife it is Sportage top of the range Platinum 2013 model Diesel. Has great responsive engine, smooth shifting auto, push button keyless start and keyless entry, auto wipers, auto headlights, heated seats, Satnav, phone connectivity, AWD, leather, Cruise, panoramic sun roofs. etc Good Highway fuel economy (approx 7l - 100klm). It is and feels a very well built car. it has some road noise but not too obtrusive, comfortable seats. This car had 161000ks on the clock and we have just done 3000ks it has no rattles or squeaks and drives like new. The only regret is the satnav I’m not sure if there are still updates available.

Purchased in July 2018.

BoughtUsed
Year2013

Excellent experience

I purchased a 2013 SL sportage. I’ve never had any issues in the last 5 years. It’s an auto and finds the gears easily. It doesn’t chew the petrol either.
Services are reasonably priced.
All of that just makes it the most reliable and best car in the car industry.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Donald Birks

Donald BirksMelbourne

Coming up to 4 years and 50,000klm and no problems

I have the Platinum series 2 Sportage, Litres per hundred Klms is around 7.3 cheap to run, I have towed a caravan 1600kg for a while this increased the Litres to 14. it's a great Vehicle and we have not had any major problems. we originally had the air con freezing this was fixed on the 1st service and that's all. it's comfortable and great to drive, it's quite on the road and has plenty of leg room all round. I have 1 little niggle the rear seating heating can easily be turned on and forgotten by the passengers. I am still on the same tyres that came with Sportage maybe another 20,000 ks to go. love the fixed price service on average around $400 a year. I would recommend Kia has come a long way.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Dave

DaveSydney

Most reliable and featured car I’ve ever owned

Date PurchasedJan 2014
heyyah11

heyyah11

Great car has everything

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Denise

Denise

Love Love Love.

Love my car!! Husband even likes to drive it (and he loves his Holden SSV redline V8) tows well, handles country driving very well. Running costs are minimum and has never had any issues. The turbo gives it a lot of punch when needed especially for freeway driving. Plenty of leg room front and back, have taken it on road trips and been very comfortable.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Evilal

EvilalWollongong NSW Australia

Worst car we've owned!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Terrible after sales care

I bought a Sportage in late 2014 and after a minor accident requiring some spare parts the process to repair it has been an absolute nightmare. It's now been nearly 9 months and it's still not sorted. Customer service from the dealership has been terrible and worse still, Kia Head Office are avoiding the problem by claiming that each dealership is independently owned and it's not their responsibility. My insurance company have never experienced such incompetence from any other manufacturer. I will never buy a Kia again. Beware.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Bruno.mx13Gold Coast

3 years of use review

Platinum diesel =
We bought our car in June 2013 brand new. My wife is main driver. She's done about 40000 km with it. We still love the car and it's performance. We had a small issue with the rear diff a while ago but kia decided to replace the whole diff under warranty! We could not be happier with the customer service. Another small problem that we are having at the moment is with the driver's window, it seems a bit loose and the rear lights were "peeling". The car is up to a service this month, let's see if they replace that under warranty.
We have a heavy right foot so city drive consumption is around 8.5/100.
Overall we are very happy with the car and with kia. I would definitely buy another one!

Bruno.mx13

The loose window was just a screw and the lights were replaced under warranty! :) :)

PeteS

PeteSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than the name suggests

Purchased in January 2014.

Year2014
Digger

DiggerCanberra Central 2601, ACT

The best car I've ever owned !!!!.

I'm in my seventies and wanted something easy to get in & out of, it had to be economical, powerful, reliable, comfortable, easy to drive, easy to park. I wanted something that was easy on the eye. The Kia Sportage ticked all those boxes.....and then some. Best car I've owned.

Gil & Sis

Gil & SisEden

KIA Sportage great performing, economical vehicle.

I've owned my KIA Sportage Platinum for about 18 Months (30,000 Km) and couldn't be more impressed. It drives very well has loads of power to tow my 5.6 Quintrex Boat, fuel & gear. Fuel economy is unbelievable 7-8 round town and 6-7 on a trip. KIA comes equipped with just about every extra you can think of as standard (((not like most brands all cost extra))) Leather, Parking Sensors, Rear View Camera, Sat-Nav, Blue Tooth, Heated Seats F&B and more. There is plenty of leg room front and back, Capped Price Servicing and the best Warranty in Australia. My last 2 vehicles were Holden Statesman's very good car BUT Just in case you don't get the picture I LOVE my KIA.

Blackdog

Blackdog

Truly excellent car

I bought my wife a new Sportage Platinum in 2012 (in Orange) and she has absolutely loved this car since the moment she got it.In 55000kms of mainly rural driving, absolutely nothing went wrong, nothing came loose, nothing started rattling, it still felt like a brand new car, the only reason we traded it was on a new Hyundai Tuscon Highlander.(getting the hyundai only because she thinks it looks better than the new Kia, and it has cream leather interior)
In summary, our Kia Sportage Platinum with diesel has been the best car we have ever owned

Kerryanne

KerryanneCobbitty

Fabulous car, EXCEPT for the radio beeping

Our 2015 Sportage is great and as our first AWD we feel a good choice. However, since new the radio continually beeps even when off, after 11 weeks Kia changed but after 7 weeks the problem is back. Very annoying, Kia are reviewing, again end of January. Frustrating.
Comfort and ride is good we just wish this distracting problem could be fixed, quickly rather than drag out over many months as it is very distracting. Would I buy another, yes, if they resolve this issue permanently.

James

JamesVic, 3030

Fantastic! But could be more

Had KIA Sportages my whole life, about 6 of them. In 2012 got a Toyota Kluger which was a fanatic car. That gets 5 stars easily.

I then decided to get the new KIA Sportage 2013 model. Platinum too, Car looks amazing, affordable, absolutely fantastic build quality.

Cons:
Could have a little more tech features
Some materials in the cabin are cheap feeling

When I tell people I have a KIA they think of the old KIA brand (which was horrible) and laugh at me!