Kia Sportage SL Si

Kia Sportage SL Si (2010-2015)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KTJ

KTJMackay

Ok...

I loved my Sportage originally. Then a very loud sound started coming from the exhaust. Several mechanics have told me it’s safe but my car sounds like a loud Datsun! I’ve also had trouble with the brakes, the shift lock getting stuck, and now I’m pretty sure the CV joint is making a noise. Also the electrics are funny, the doors lock and unlock repeatedly sometimes

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Dario B.

Dario B.Perth

Low running costs, comfortable, easy to drive and good looking car.

A good stable car with very low consumption and running costs. Not too fancy but comfortable. I can fit two bikes in in the back and pull a small trailer or camper.

It drives well and requires minimum maintenance every 12 months. Comes with a 7 years manufacturer warranty.
Don't buy one if you want power and acceleration, this is a commuter / city car.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
tangowhisky37

tangowhisky37Melbourne

Great looks, good performance and excellent value for money

I purchased the 2011 model of the Kia Sportage. A great looking car, with an excellent driving experience. We purchased it brand new and has now done 82,000Kms, driven it across half of the country. It came with a 5 year warranty at the time of purchase.

I have the base edition and at times the 2.2 litre engine can feel a bit under powered given the size and weight of the vehicle. However, the seating, the fittings, the looks and the hassle free driving makes it a great car to own.

The overall experience has been great. Worth every dollar and great value for the money spent. Makes for a sporty looking SUV and a great family car. Everyone at home loves it.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Red Griffin

Red GriffinBrisbane

5 year 100,000km review

I have never kept a car for more than 2 years before buying my Sportage. This car keeps giving, still looks fantastic and never gives any trouble at all. It has no squeaks or rattles despite constant off road use on rutted dirt tracks, despite being a 2wd it walks all over my old Subaru Forrester AWD.
Hard driving delivers 500km from 44 Ltrs .... excellent economy.
Tows a trailer + 3 dirt bikes, 4 adults up front no problem.
Wouldn't mind a better stereo system, but can't complain as this is a basic model.
Very highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Klinky

KlinkyAU

No longer a brand snob.

Couldn't go past the looks, finish and value with this base model package.

Have recently had Toyotas, was looking for an upgrade, read a few reviews and had a good look around at the alternatives.

Was also talked into having a look at the Sportage and was more than surprised at the offering. The features I was looking for were all standard and a 5 year warranty was the icing on the cake.

The alternative Toyota Rav4 lacked a lot of the features, had 2 years less warranty and was dearer to boot.
Value, standard features and a great looker.
My main gripe's been the brake dust on the alloy wheels.

waitoa485

waitoa485AU

O for Awesome

flapper13

flapper13

Best SUV in my price range