Kiddy Cots Playpens

16 questions from our users

Janiceasked

Playpens

Hi inquiring about the 3 in 1 Delux 6 Panel Link 100, Giant 8 Panel Link 100, Link 70, 4 Panel Link 100 and if you can tell me the assembled size and height and price. is delivery free or what the cost for delivery. Thanks Janice

Hi,
All sizes for each item are at www.kiddycots.com.au . As they are large items, there is no free delivery.

Janice

hi i'm Janice, i live in Eagle Vale in Campbelltown area 2558 what are the delivery fees for Eagle Vale. thanks Janice

Dean M.Kiddy Cots

As products vary in size and weight , you will need to go to www.kiddycots.com.au enter your product and address. It will then calculate the shipping cost.

Tegan L.

Tegan L.asked

Playpens

Where can i buy more screws from, i went to Bunnings and they didnt have any

Dean M.Kiddy Cots

Please send a email to sales@kiddycots.com.au and they will source them for you.

Jo R

Jo Rasked

Playpens

Do I need a drill to assemble, and what is the distance between the bars (I'm using it for a small puppy). Many thanks for your advice.

Hi,
Just a star screwdriver. The distance between bars is 6.5cm.

Kerryn K.

Kerryn K.asked

Playpens

How quickly can it be set up and what amount of space does it take up when not it use. Living in a small apartment.

Christine1818

The playpen is really easy to assemble and takes only minutes to do so.. Depending on which one you choose, not all panels need to be used and you can make several shapes from the panels also.. so even in a small space it is still worth buying for not only safety reasons for your child and peace of mind for you knowing your child is contained and there can be an endless source of amusement if you choose toys that are stimulating and interesting

HCMcFinley
HCMcFinley

Setup is very quick if you have an electric screwdriver. if not, it takes a while to screw all the pieces on. But if you're in a small space you won't be needing that many anyways. When not in use, the pieces are flat and can be stacked up together. overall I'd say about 1.5m3 in space.
Since giving the review, I'd seriously advise rethinking this purchase if you haven't bought it yet. While it's great that it's so light, this also means it's light enough for the baby to push around. Mine was pushing it from one end of the room to another when he was about 7 months old. And because of the bars, he could reach right through and grab whatever was on the other side.

Dean M.Kiddy Cots

The playpen stacked up takes less than .01m3 of space or 105cmx61cmx14cm. The initial assembly requires the connectors to be screwed on after that there is no assembly required as the connectors simply link together. Please watch this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTmp9_3vCU

Chris

Chrisasked

Playpens Link 70

Hi, I had a kiddy cots playpens at home before. But the nickel plated screws were broken. Could you tell me where I can buy the screws? Thanks

Hi,
Bunnings should have them. Just take one of the other ones in with you and match it with one of the originals.

Chrissy

Chrissyasked

Hi
I’ve put ours in a rectangle, the circle part of the connector is facing inside the play pen; our little one accidentally hit her head on that circle, is there any protectors you guys sell separately we can buy to cover it?
Chris

Christine1818

Hi Chrissy, Ive not had that problem with out grandson, but he occasionally bumps his head anyway through all of the little investigations he tries to do, so really it is not uncommon.. We just have to watch carefully..You could hang some dangly toys over the a couple of the connectors or make some simple sort of padded structure which you could secure, but really I dont see it as a huge problem because children also learn when they have hurt themself I find so the tendency will be to try and not do it again.
They are a great play pen and its been just so very successful and if you think about it overall.. it makes life easy for you knowing your child is safe in his/her own little world.
Hope this helps you a little Christine

Hi Chrissy,
You can have the bottom connector facing out and the top connector facing in. This will also make the rectangle shape more ridged. To do this you will need to connect the 2 part connectors, then put them onto the panels (in the correct orientation) and screw them on. Please email info@kiddycots.com.au and we can sen you a photo.

Seanne

Seanneasked

Playpens Giant 8 Panel Link 100

Can the giant 8 panel be made into two smaller square 4 panel pens or a 6 sided hexagonal pen?

Hi Seanne,
Yes, it can be made into 2 playpens and a hexagon plus other playpen shapes.

Christine1818

Hello Seanne, You have the luxury of creating many shapes with the 8 panel as you do with the 6 which I bought.. You can also use it as a fence like barrier to corner off a section of a room.. Really the possiblities are so very versatile.. It is the quality of the product I love also.. We should be proud it is made in Australia and the attention to detail is excellent, clip locks are easy to use and the wood is ever so smooth... so if you have the space you can create a world for your little child filled with his/her favourite toys.. Some can be attached to the vertical dowels and the bonus is you have safety also because you know your child is safely contained... I found also it helped our little grandson to stand and now he walks around the edges with one hand thinking he is the smartest boy in town... I found the delivery to be excellent and the packing was perfect to protect the product... Christine ..

Ellen B

Ellen Basked

Playpens 3 in 1 Delux 6 Panel Link 100

Hello, we are looking at getting a playpen for our one year old. We want to attach it to the walls and corner off a space (using the wall as one side of the pen)- approx 3m x 2m. Would your playpens fit this purpose? (Maybe the 6 or 8 pannel version? Thanks.

Christine1818

Hi Ellen, The playpen is versatile because you have the choice of many shapes.. My son lives in an apartment and the 6 panel version is perfect and deceivingly large.. There is plenty of space for toys and the rungs are useful for the same purpose... for the hanging style of soft toy... The 8 panel would be fine if you have a large room and if you can secure it safely into the wall I dont see why not... The wooden rungs are just so very smooth and it is extremely well constructed and just so easy to disassemble.. I also like the fact that the Playpen is made in Australia (Queensland). and the delivery times are very good. The plastic joiner clips are also of very high quality... I hope this has been of some help to you.. Regards Christine

Jacqui Lund

Jacqui Lundasked

Playpens

I am looking a getting a custom made item for a person who is in a power chair and need some kid safe hinges the hinges alone ??? or get a custom made size?

Hi,
We do not general make custom sizes but contact Kiddy Cots at 07 5495 1714 with your dimensions.

Jingwen W

Jingwen Wasked

Ship to US?

Playpens

How would you recommend caring for a play pen to be used outside? Would it need extra care? Would it need to be brought in when it rains?

Dean M.Kiddy Cots

As our playpens are all natural with no paint or lacquer, it would need to be brought in when it rains. Otherwise you can put a child safe paint or lacquer on it to protect it from the outdoor elements.

Playpens

What are the best strategies for stopping my babe sliding the play pen across the floor? Can I put rubber under sides? Or put a foam mat inside it? What is the safest way?

Dean M.Kiddy Cots

We recommend purchasing EVA mat ( from Clark Rubber or Bunnings ) and cutting it to fit inside your desired shape of playpen. This gives it a soft waterproof floor and prevents it from moving.

Playpens

When I have cot in rectangular formation the hinge on the long sides bends out about 5-6 inches when babe pushes on it rather than locking. this makes it a bit unstable and creates a fall and pinching risk as the hinge opens a little and the closes again. What is the best way to stabilise this hinge safely? I am considering zip ties or just gluing them permanently.

Hi,
In the rectangle shape, to firm up the straight connectors. You can have one set of hinges facing inward and one set facing outward on the same pane. To do this you will need to assemble the connectors first then screw them onto the panel. You can email info@kiddycots.com.au to receive a photo of it. If you do not want to change the shape in the future, you could gle them together.

Ali

That's a great idea! Thanks for your help, I will give it a go!

Kalyn

Kalynasked

Playpens

Has anyone had issues with thei bub putting their arms or legs through the bars and hurting themselves??

LM487

My son can fit is arms through but has never hurt himself.

Kerryasked

Playpens

I was wondering what stops a child from sliding the whole pen around on the floor? Also, if little one stood up and leaned on one side of the pen, what stops it from tipping over?

Kam
Kam

Hi Kerry,
Yes you're right when my boy was older he started sliding the pen around, plus we have tiles at home so it wasn't very hard for him to do! However I stopped him from doing this by putting two chairs Infront of the playpen. But like I said this was only when he was older and soon after I just took him out of it and let him walk around.
They can't knock it over. It's a really clever design once the playpen is connected I think the wood itself makes it very sturdy. He was never able to knock it over.

Thank you so much!

Andrew

Andrewasked

Playpens

Is it possible to use the product as a supported barrier?
As our home is very open plan, we were hoping to buy 2 and use them to section off an area of the house rather than have a playpen.
We would need them to form large "L" shapes.
I also need to know what length the panels are.

Coral73
Coral73

Hi, I don't think you could as if any pressure is placed on top of the railing... say, your little one pulls themselves up with it, it would tip up unless you had each end secured to a wall with a fixture. There is a product on the market called Summer Infant Sure & Secure Custom Fit Gate (Deals Direct) that looks like it would suit your purpose as it can be custom fit to an area and has supporting feet so it won't tip over:

Summer Sure And Secure Custom Fit Gate.
Hardware mounted.
The first gate to fit openings up to 3.6m (12'), no extra purchase necessary.
Fits straight openings or unusual openings such as unparallel walls.
Perfect for alternative areas such as room corner or separating a large room.
Alternatively use as a 1.8m x 1.8m play enclosure (6' x 6').
Convenient walk through door.
Fully adjustable to fit openings from 179cm to 366cm (70" to 144").
76.2cm (30") tall when installed.
Materials: polyester mix and powder coated framework.
For ages 6 to 24 months.

LM487

I use mine like this and have it wedged between some furniture. It stops my son getting at some bookshelves and the heater in his room.

Get an answer from our members and Kiddy Cots representatives