Wattyl Killrust

Wattyl Killrust Questions & Answers

Epoxy Gloss Enamel, Rust-Eeter, Satin Enamel, etc... (See All)
Listing monitored by Wattyl

91 questions from our users

zepplin787
zepplin787asked
Killrust Heavy Duty Primer

I bought 4 litres of Kill Rust Alluminium, but its a bit too bright, can I mix some KR black to grey it down a bit, will they mix?

sikadeer60
sikadeer60asked
Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel

Will wattyl epoxy enamel adhere to powder coating

John R.
John R.asked
Killrust

can i use multipurpose thinner

Mark P
Mark Pasked
Killrust

i have primed steel posts with small rust marks (speckles) appearing. Can i lightly sand apply kill rust primer

Jane S.
Jane S.asked
Killrust Satin Enamel

Can I paint an external plastic grille fridge cover on a caravan with Killrust satin Enamel?

taipan l.
taipan l.asked
Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel

Is this suitable for aluminium boat painted under the waterline?

John C.
John C.asked
Killrust

Will it stick to Pre fab industrial coatings like red oxide

Robert91
Robert91asked
Killrust

Can I thin Wattyl Epoxy Gloss Enamel with general purpose thinner?

John V.
John V.asked
Killrust

I'm struggling with a large van that has 'house paint' on top of acrylic auto-paint. It appears to be a 'good' house paint but it's Matt finish Black and looks to have been sprayed over dirt, chips etc. I've chosen Killrust because anything else won't stick. Areas I have tried show it's best to do NO prep and the Killrust shows a good finish. However, where I prime or remove rust or sand out a stone chip, the Killrust lifts everything under it, no matter what I use. When I sand it back, it still lifts on the edges of what I've sanded. What can I use as a non-reactive primer? John V

daz
dazasked
Killrust Fishoilene

Can I paint over Killrust Fisholene. the parts are suspension bits on a nice trailer, so they can be seen but don't need a smooth glossy finish.

Rubbish
Rubbishasked
Killrust

Can we paint the inside of a steel drinking trough for animals

Pam.N.
Pam.N.asked
Killrust

Can the paint be put on a ride on mower,heat wise near fuel tank,motor heat,exhaust heat???

Ralph63
Ralph63asked
Killrust

Can a clear coat over killrust spray can work ?

Maree Rogers
Maree Rogers
KaH
KaHasked
Killrust Heavy Duty Primer

I used Wattyl Kill rust eeter on my metal. I waited 24 hours overnight (no rain) and painted it with Wattyl Heavy Duty Primer. After checking it in the morning, it appears air bubbles have formed under a large sections of the Green Heavy Duty Primer.
What do I do? How do I fix this. I need to coat it with Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel.

austin
austin

AIR UNDER -AS DID NOT WAIT FOR BOTTOM COAT to DRY.,REMOVE affected areas.start again.Rust Converters can take 72 hrs up to week.Wipe over before next coat.

Anthony S.asked
Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel

Is it suitable for painting a car ??

passingfad
passingfad
Anthony S.

Thanks heaps for your reply cheers

Dean P.
Dean P.

do you know if it would be okay to put it on the calipers? what kind of heat resistance does it have?

Lulu
Luluasked
Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel

Can I paint a different colour over killrust white? If so what sort of paint can I use.

Greg P.
Greg P.asked
Killrust Epoxy Gloss Enamel

Want to paint around a fire flu what temperature can the paint handle

Wally S
Wally Sasked
Killrust Fishoilene

Can I paint or prime directly over Killrust Fisholene, or do I have to prep the surfaces in some way?

RebeccA
RebeccAasked
Killrust

i am using wattyl kill rust on gal roofing sheets where necessary.
can i paint over this with an acrylic based paint?

Gavin
Gavinasked
Killrust Cold Galvit

I had been fabricating with some galvanized pipe 800mm long and bare angle steel supports. As per normal, I ground the gal back for welding. In my hast, I sprayed all this with some Red Oxide Primer. Then, oh, whoops, I plan to weld another pipe to this, and more brackets and had always intended to paint the join and plates with Cold Gal ( or Galvit -- what's the difference? ) My question is, can I paint Cold Gal over the Red Oxide for appearance sake. Where this pipe is going there is already many other pipes with brackets Cold Gal painted at the welds, supporting Duragal Tube also with Cold Gal over the welds. My lesser action would be to mask off and spray the red oxide area with silver!!!? Advice would be appreciated please.

Get an answer from our members and Wattyl representatives

Wattyl Killrust