Bayer Kiltix Dog Tick Collar

Bayer Kiltix Dog Tick Collar

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.2
Des
DesNorth Queensland, QLD

Sick dog

My dog became very ill within a day of putting the collar on her, having nausea, anorexia and lethargy She recovered quite quickly though once it was removed. I wouldn’t recommend this product

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn for $35.00.

Terrible flea collar

I purchased this for my dogs and they are useless still has fleas. I do not advise anyone to purchase these flea collars.

Didn't last

Put collars on my two puppies. Living remote cost me 44$ for the both of them. They are only 4 months old and both collars are missing. They must of chewed them off. Not strong enough for my puppies. Soft and waste of money. Have no idea if they actually work. They were def on tight enough as instructed on the packet.

Larissa L.
Larissa L.asked

Will this be effective for use on a 10 pound cat? Thank you.

Preet S.
Preet S.asked

Hi.my dog weighs 25 kg.can i use medium size as it fits perfectly on his neck?

Razorrooasked

For all purpose, don't laugh, is it possible to use insect spray, like mortain, or surface spray for cockies on the dog to keep the ticks away.
The staff is always on hand, would it work and on which insects?

Nicky
Nicky

It is concerning that you would actually even consider that. But good you asked at least before you used anything like that.
Answer- NO Way. you would be spraying toxic fumes near your pet and its highly poisonous if they lick it off their coat. Its also a nerve toxin.
Tick collars have a chemical used in them but its nothing like insect spray and works in a totally different manner.
Using a tick collar can save your pets life because paralysis can occur after just a few hours of having a paralysis tick latched on. I have experienced this with my dog and had to get her on an anti venom drip from the vet. She recovered very well because I caught it in the early stages.
Id rather use a tick collar than risk that.
So NO WAY under any circumstances should anyone use insect spray like mortein on an animal. That would just be insane.

Hi Nicky!
Thank you for that info!

im also have a giant african cockooroach Zumba as a pet.
He's very strong and keeps tearing the collar off.
I've ordered an alloy harness, helps keep him in check.
I wonder if i can boil that collar in vinegar to fully dissolve and made a spray out of it?
It would be great to keep the ticks away from them.
Please advise.
Thank you kindly.

Edith F.
Edith F.

Bayer makes a product called Bayticol which is a tick wash liquid for cattle and farm dogs. It should work fine on your insect pet too if it doesn't kill him as well. But it's expensive, last time I checked. Try farm or rural suppliers.

See all Bayer Kiltix Dog Tick Collar questions