Kiltix Dog Tick Collar

Kiltix Dog Tick Collar

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kiltix? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.2
    casey13
    casey13Western District, VIC

Fantastic product

This summer has been a breeding frenzy for fleas in Victoria. I will not waste anymore money on useless spot on treatments. My puppy was riddled with fleas so i decided to get him a Kiltix collar. Can i say after i day he was flea free. The night we put it on him the fleas went mad, next day none. My older dog suffers skin irritations i believe the collar has given her some relief. My dogs are a female American Bulldog x Sharpe and puppy is a male English Staffy x Kelpie. Highly recommend these collars.

works amazing against all ticks

Work great.

The reason it's not work on flea is because it's ment for tiks only... I use advantage or frontline plus topical in case I see some flee.

Kirstiebart
    KirstiebartAU

Tick Collar that works for my Great Dane

This product has saved me from spending ridiculous amounts of money on Frontline or other drop methods of overcoming Ticks. I use Kiltix whenever I take my dog out to the country (which is often) or if there is any chance he will get Ticks, it does have a slight odour but nothing that bad. When he is at home, because he is mostly an inside dog we just take it off and put it in a baggy. The collar lasts forever this way. Awesome product I recommend it to everyone with small or large dogs like my dane.
    Onexpensive, easy to use, long lasting, convenient, not harmful

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Kiltix Dog Tick Collar compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Lepar
    LeparAU

Odourless doesn't stink !!

Much better than the stinky Preventic brand. Is odourless and waterproof, costs a little more but well worth it. Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it l i l i l i l i l t l l t l t l t

Notches on back of half the collar meaning u can't cut it in half to use on 2 toy dogs

Larissa L.
    Larissa L.asked

Will this be effective for use on a 10 pound cat? Thank you.

Preet S.
    Preet S.asked

Hi.my dog weighs 25 kg.can i use medium size as it fits perfectly on his neck?

Razorrooasked

For all purpose, don't laugh, is it possible to use insect spray, like mortain, or surface spray for cockies on the dog to keep the ticks away.
    The staff is always on hand, would it work and on which insects?

Nicky
    Nicky

It is concerning that you would actually even consider that. But good you asked at least before you used anything like that.
    Answer- NO Way. you would be spraying toxic fumes near your pet and its highly poisonous if they lick it off their coat. Its also a nerve toxin.
    Tick collars have a chemical used in them but its nothing like insect spray and works in a totally different manner.
    Using a tick collar can save your pets life because paralysis can occur after just a few hours of having a paralysis tick latched on. I have experienced this with my dog and had to get her on an anti venom drip from the vet. She recovered very well because I caught it in the early stages.
    Id rather use a tick collar than risk that.
    So NO WAY under any circumstances should anyone use insect spray like mortein on an animal. That would just be insane.

Hi Nicky!
    Thank you for that info!

im also have a giant african cockooroach Zumba as a pet.
    He's very strong and keeps tearing the collar off.
    I've ordered an alloy harness, helps keep him in check.
    I wonder if i can boil that collar in vinegar to fully dissolve and made a spray out of it?
    It would be great to keep the ticks away from them.
    Please advise.
    Thank you kindly.

Edith F.
    Edith F.

Bayer makes a product called Bayticol which is a tick wash liquid for cattle and farm dogs. It should work fine on your insect pet too if it doesn't kill him as well. But it's expensive, last time I checked. Try farm or rural suppliers.

See all Kiltix Dog Tick Collar questions