Listing monitored by Kin Fertility

Max
MaxAdelaide

Underhand marketing fear to potential parents

I have received 2 different emails today and this evening from this company, marketing a paid for test, which is available for free from your GP, under the guise that GPs recommend this paid for test. They do not - they recommend the free version that a GP can arrange for you. I am appalled at this blatant fearmongering by this company and misrepresentation of General Practioner advice. It points to extremely shonky practises and I would never trust such a company. Buyer beware - you cannot trust what this organisation says obviously!

Sharni
Sharni

Outdated BMI system is rubbish.

I was hoping to use this service as an easier alternative than going to the doctor.
I said my weight and approximate height and was told no due to my BMI being so high. Absolutely disgusting. So much for inclusivity and making me feel like crap.

Meg
MegSydney, NSW

Maybe it's okay if you're a "perfect weight"

Thought it'd be a good idea; however, was told my BMI was too high to be prescribed the pill I've used my entire life. I'd recently had a baby a s been through two rounds of IVF, so decided to go back on contraception, but they did not factor this in and was just told it was 'not for me', despite me using it... my whole life. Was told to use the Implanon which wreaked havoc on my body a few years before becoming pregnant. It's 2022. Stop using weight as a reason for why women cannot be prescribed certain things and for why they are sick, etc. It's not good enough. I'm tired of this. Do better and steer clear if you're even slightly over what they deem a healthy BMI.

Nicole L.Kin FertilitySend a private message

Waste of money and time for this service

The pill I take is listed as available on their website and then when I signed up they refused to prescribe it to me. Don’t list it as available if you are not willing to prescribe it!!

sarinya c.
sarinya c.South East Queensland, QLD

HORRIBLE

I’ve been contacting them so many times to get my refund as recommended by doctor. It’s been almost 2 months and I still never received any response. This is ridiculous

JessPerth, WA

Very angry

Really disappointed

I live rural and the nearest dr or pharmacy is over and hour and a half from me, I’ve been using Kin for over a year and it was great but now suddenly I can’t get my pill repeat without having to drive the 3 hour round trip all for a blood pressure test when I already said my last blood pressure results have been normal. Really doesn’t help people living rural at all, I’m going to be out of pills soon and no way to get them.

Great at First then awful

Ashly
AshlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Huge price rise

Sadly after using this company since they started and I'll have to start going back to the doctor instead. Prices have become unrealistic.
They tried to say that they upped the price because they use to ship 2 boxes at a time, now they have to cut down to only one at a time, shipping more frequently... But they have always sent me just one box at a time.
The price almost doubled. It use to be slightly more expensive than going to the doctor/chemist which was ok due to convince now it's a lot more expensive!

Kait
Kait Northern Region, NSW

Couldn’t get my prescription

My current doctor had been prescribing me the pill for years without issue. Being regional I thought I’d give this online service a go as opposed to trying to get into my usual doctor. I was honest in my answers for the questionnaire. Maybe I should have lied? My doctor had no issue prescribing me the pill but this lot did. Waste of time.

Marin
MarinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing

Rejected from taking a pill I've been using for 7 years without issue due to my BMI (an unfortunately outdated form of determining health). Not ability to talk further with the doctor about my case.

I was hoping Kin would provide me with convenience, but instead it's left me very disappointed.

I don’t rate it at all.

Sara H.
Sara H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Forcing a pill that I don’t want

TeganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would rather sit in doctor’s waiting room for an hour

Doctor wouldn’t prescribe the same contraceptive pill that I have been taking for fifteen years. I trialled another form of contraception for what was supposed to be three months. Ended up taking four months worth of medication and had no contact from the doctor to follow up how I went. New prescription was automatically sent out six weeks after trial had finished to my old address (I am now unable to collect package). The packaging is ridiculous for one pill box. I was not happy with this new form of contraception nor this service and would rather sit in the doctor’s waiting room for an hour waiting to see a doctor in person. I would not recommend this service.

Tegan

More stress than it's worth

Refuses to take concession card, so I'm paying 70 dollars to access something I should be able to get for 5.
Never had a delivery come on time, and they only send you one box at a time - I'm always running out and dealing with side effects until my next box arrives.
And they send you marketing emails about their expensive pseudo-science 'sexual wellness' products and beg for positive reviews.

The ONLY reason I use their service is because I work too much to be able to get in to see a doctor for script renewals.

sneha.ravichandran25
sneha.ravichandran25asked

Hi, I want to re- do my fertility quiz on your website before I finalise my payment. Please help with that. thanks. - Sneha

Nicole L.Kin FertilitySend a private message

Hey Sneha, we can help with that. Can you please message hello@kinfertility.com.au and we'll help you out!

JDF952
JDF952asked

Hi Ladies... is this prenatal in tablet or capsule form? Do you find any horrible smell or lingering after taste? Do you find that it makes reflux/digestion issues any worse? Thanks in advance.

Nicole L.Kin FertilitySend a private message

Hey lovely! Our prenatal comes in a softgel capsule form.

You can find out what our customers think about smell, taste and digestion issues in our reviews here: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/kin-fertility-the-prenatal :)

Paige Spark
Paige Sparkasked

how do I use my insurance so I can get money off ?

I don’t think you can. I would ask your insurer.

Hey Paige!

It really will depend on your insurer. If you need a receipt to try to claim with your insurer, please just reach out to hello@kinfertility.com.au and we'll organise that for you.

Get an answer from our members and Kin Fertility representatives

Kin Fertility’s almost-perfect rating speaks for itself. The innovative company’s tagline is ‘get your contraceptive pill delivered to your door.’

For an annual membership of $55 a year, Kin sets you up with a quick online doctor’s appointment before you get the pill prescribed, and delivered to you home.

Here is what a Kin Fertility membership has to offer:

• Free express delivery of the pill to your door, arriving 1-3 days after confirmation of your order. Each delivery typically contains a 3-4 month supply.
  • Unlimited consultations with a GP, all via text message.
  • Low prices for the medication, starting at $15 for a 3-4 month supply (note that prices for each pill prescription are charged in addition to the $55 annual subscription fee). Kin Fertility states that this makes them competitive with phramacies.

Kin customers appreciated saving time from having an important task being ticked off their to-do list, without accidentally forgetting or stressing about it.

Kin members also liked the convenience of not having to physically go to the doctor each time their medication ran out. One reviewer also noted that ‘the ability to be discreet is perfect.’ Reviewers were happy with Kin’s customer service and the doctors they were assigned, who were responsive to questions and professional.