Kipor GS1000 1 kVA

Kipor GS1000 1 kVA Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Kipor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

18 questions from our users

Mike Butcher
Mike Butcherasked

The pull start wont pull. HASENT been used for 6years. What do i do to loosen coil?

Margot B.
Margot B.asked

hi have a kipor gs 1000 moter fine over light on no power

Mark L
Mark L
fortueLincoln
fortueLincolnasked

Hie my generator has its oil alert lamp always it started before the second service and after the second service the lamp is still on, it had the oil filter, air filter, diesel filter and the oil changed, what would the cause for the oil alert lamp to be present?

Messa
Messaasked

Hi have a Kipor gs1000 and after running for a while the fuel end up mixing with the oil any ideas why. Thanks

Shibu
Shibuasked

Hi
I having kipor gs1000 1kva generator bought out from 3 years ago and last week try to use but it's showing overload red light no out put green light
Please help me how i can trouble shoot?

Sean
Seanasked

My kipor kge 1000 starts but stops after a minute showing low oil light even though oil level is ok , any help please

Phuti M
Phuti Masked

Good day,
I have a Kipor KDE 16ss and it's not starting and keeps bringing oil light on, any help out there please?

Ulla
Ullaasked

I have changed the oil on my kipor ig 1000 generator and the oil checklight is still lighting up when i start the generator. I have filled the generator with the recommendend 0.25 litres of 15w40 engine oil. Help please.

Wayne R
Wayne Rasked

Hi im Wayne I have a kipor gs 1000 that is spilling petrol out of over flow pipe an stalling engine when starting can you help me?

Peter
Peterasked

Overload warning light on start-up but no power output what is the problem?

fordnl

Hello Peter, if you look further down this page, 'Barb' had the same problem a couple of years ago and some suggestions were made then. I don't know if she resolved the problem though. Cheers.

sarah
sarahasked

Where is the over load switch on the generator because the overload alarm is on,

perce eptiv
perce eptiv

The overload alarm means that the gennie might be overloaded... ? Reducing the load would probably result in the load being reduced and the overload warning not being initiated...... Just a thought....! lolololol

Giggs
Giggsasked

My kipor 1000 cant start up in start mode only in run mode why please ?

Rick S
Rick Sasked

The plug keeps oiling up. Any ideas?

Barbasked

Hi I have a kipor GS1000
It starts but the overload light comes on without any load at all and it will not deliver any power. Any ideas?

Tripper55

Hi Barb check the issues fordnl raised above, I haven't seen this issue either. Sorry can't help on this one.

Marshall

It should run happily with no load. As fordnl states, be sure to check for a blown fuse. Besides that, my guess would be that you have a fault somewhere and a visit to a service centre is in order.

rob wastellasked

I have a ford transit motor home with 1 solar panel on the roof and everything running off the 12v house battery. Waco frjdge, tv, lights etc. Normally everything is O.K. but if we sit for 2 or 3 days the panel can,t keep the power up to the fridge, especially if overcast. Know nothing about generators, but am looking at a small one to charge the battery when needed. What do I need?? Is this a reasonable solution??? Thanks for any help.

Tripper55

Yes as Marshall stated paired with a good quality charger, I use 21amp charger, I can charge a deep cycle battery and run an 80l waeco fridge simultaneously with my kipor. I've had it now for 3 years without a fault, hasn't even needed a spark plug.

Thanks for your help..

Patrickasked

Can a 1kva run a cetec 25 amp hour battery charger?

Marshall

Assuming you have a MXS25, your charger will ask almost 3 amps from your generator. The GS1000 can provide that, but won't leave you much headroom for anything else.

Tripper55

Id reckon yes mate, I can run a 21 amp charger and an 80l waeco simultaneously.

Thanks mate

KEN
KENasked

I have just purchased a kipor 1kva old type red in colour off an old mate.I am having problems starting it.I started it for the first time yesterday,it run well for about 2 min & then cut out.I have cleaned the plug to no avail.I have purchased a new plug fingers crossed.Could it be the breather on the fuel cap

Tripper55

G'day I'm not familiar with the earlier models but you could try loosen the fuel cap, usually it takes a bit of time for the air lock to build up (5-10mins) but try it and see how you go, also check low oil cut off switch.
Good luck

Colin May
Colin Mayasked

My Kipor GS1000 Series 2 suddenly stopped producing AC power. Motor still runs normally.
Any ideas?

homie100968
homie100968

If it has the overload light illuminated then likely the inverter is u/s thats what happened to mine

Other Generators