Kipor GS2600 / GS2600H 2.6 kVA

GS2600, GS2600H (See All)
See the Best Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kipor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8
Sonya 1
Sonya 1Central Queensland, QLD

Great little genset

I have now owned this genset for six years. It does not undertake a huge workload, but probably typical of a lot of these smaller units. I was a little reluctant to buy it originally because of the "made in China" on the label, but it appeared to be pretty well made. It has been completely reliable, starts easily and runs quietly. For my usage, there would be no advantage spending a lot more money for the name brands. I can't comment on parts availability as I have not needed a single part. I would certainly buy another Kipor.

Purchased in January 2013.

Sean f
Sean fGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely rubbish

Used for 15 minutes and now won’t work. Out of warranty. Bought new and Stored in garage and went to use it and inverter needs replacing. $650 to replace, and even the service man said throw it away. Not happy and total waste of money. Do not waste your money on this.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Craig Pons
Craig PonsCentral Queensland, QLD

This thing essentially saved my life, and hasn't missed a beat since I bought it

Date PurchasedSept 2011
OurSecret
OurSecretNSW, 2758

No more Kipor gensets for me

I have had two of the smaller 700W Kipor which went every night for just over twelve months and then died for no apparent reason. Sold them for parts though. They were OK for TV and lights and didn't bother the modem, but useless for power tools, so I upgraded to this one. It died in two months so it went back to Bunnings for a refund and I finally abandoned Kipor in favour of Ryobi. The Ryobi genset is going strong after three years and does power tools and pumping with ease.

Date PurchasedJuly 2007

Big M
Big MBowen

Oil leak while not being used

From the first day out of the box their was oil everywhere and without pulling it all apart to find where the oil leak is, leaks while sitting, anyone give me some advice with similar problem, be buying a Honda before to long and theirs more!! Hard to start choke lever bad design you need long finger nails to switch off/on or a knife.. waste of money ...

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Does the job

Had this 6 years and the only trouble I had was the carbs had to be replaced due to leaving fuel in it when stored. (very cheap online for new carry.
Otherwise great for the price if you maintain it as per the manufactures instructions .Big thumbs up from me.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

unreliable

Had it for 6 years, minimal usage but problem with carby ( pulled carby apart and complete clean and reassemble) stiil no go when needed on recent trip, replaced with Yamaha, expensive lesson but over the moon with Yammy. Good for building up biceps when it was operational, very hard to start.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Cannot do without it.

We purchased our GS2600 some 7 years ago. It has performed beyond expectations. We use it regularly motorhoming. I found it blew a little smoke till I changed to Honda Genset oil. Regular oil changes and operating it on a dirt free pad, board or shade cloth keeps it clean. An excellent piece of kit we cannot do without.

Date PurchasedJuly 2007
Geoff S
Geoff SDarling Downs, QLD

Trouble with starting

Date PurchasedMar 2001

Bob F
Bob FMaryborough Qld

A load of garbage waste of money

Garbage machine wouldn't recommend it to my worst friend
1 unreliable
2 unreliable
3 did I mention they are unreliable?
4 Runs sometimes
5 won't even make a good boat anchor
6 stalls when about half loaded
7 opps sorry know I did mention b4 but unreliable and waste of money

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Col
ColGippsland, VIC

Does what i need it to do.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great and comparable with Honda

Have owned my 2600 for at least six years now and has been a GEM since new!! I thought it may have had a dicky choke but I discovered it was me not engaging it properly. I have nothing but praise for it and as I write this it is running as we are caravanning full time atm. The only improvement I could make is for the manufacturers to develop a fixing down kit ie: for generator boxes on caravans and a exhaust extension kit to direct the exhaust gasses out of the gennie box!!
Nothing but 5 stars from me!!

Find out how Kipor GS2600 / GS2600H 2.6 kVA compares to other Generators

The worst investment I ever made

Brand New. First one never made it at all. They eventually gave us a new one apart from being the worst thing to start had less than 20lts of fuel through it over the last 3yrs. Tried to start it no go took it to the experts pull cord broke, 1st pull has happened before new carby but still no go could rave about this piece of crud forever and will badmouth them wherever l go ( am now on the road indefinitely so will spread the word) CHEERS Chas

Phil EGAN
Phil EGAN

The worst bloody thing I've ever bought!

From the time I purchased a Kipor it has been hard to start. I've used it three times, had it serviced once as well. They have a VERY dodgey on/off switch making it impossible to start unless you pull the knob off switch to toggle the switch manually. Looked after it like a baby, daring all fuel before storing, kept clean and guess what... It won't start to take away camping. A bloody waste of money so AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. Buy a Honda!!!

Disappointed with Product

Purchased the GS2600 in December 2012. Used the product 6 times in 2 years before the trouble started. I thought it may have been dirty fuel. Cleaned the fuel filter, changed the fuel and spark plug, no compression. Rang Kipor to find agent in 2 states, no success. Spoke with a former distributer. They advised probably valve damage. Very disappointed with the product and service.