KISA phone

KISA phone (2015) Questions & Answers

30 questions from our users

Myrtle

Myrtleasked

Can you move the what's app icon from the front screen and put the phone book there instead

Andrew

Andrewasked

I bought the KISA Flip 3 for my mother. Its full of apps she will never use. The phone book is on the 2nd screen. Why would the most frequently used 'app' NOT be on the first screen when you open the phone?
You cannot move the apps or uninstall them.
NOT very senior friendly nor SIMPLE

Heather W.

Heather W.asked

how do I turn off the do not disturb function

Graham L.

Graham L.asked

Can I leave my phone on charge overnight

Jackenjillyasked

How do you download apps on this phone? I need to update my husband's anti-virus and also download the CovidSafe app but I haven't figured out yet how to do it. Also can you read emails on this phone?

Jackenjilly

Oh, duh! I may have been stupid about this! I've got the FLIP phone, not the other kind! But the question still remains: how do I download apps and can I write/read emails on it?
Does anyone else find this website really hard to negotiate? It took me ages to find this forum - only to discover it may be the wrong one! Honestly, modern technology can drive you suicidal at times!!!

Rosey

Roseyasked

I want a phone like this for my mother. Can you do video calls/face time?

Caroline Walker

Caroline Walkerasked

Does the kisa phone use wifi for updates?

Bevasked

I like to cancel my Daughters account with Kisa phone she can’t use it since she had it she used about.10 times that’s me trying to teach her.
She has autism And intellectually Challenged she won’t even charge the phone is totally useless to her so I’d like to cancel please as soon as possible

Mike

Why not just ring Kisa They are easy to deal with and a genuine honest company

Bev

I tried but could not get on to them how ever they did phone me
And with the help of her support coordinator I hope it was resolved the phone quite a good phone but Unsuitable for my daughter my daughter has autism intellectually Challenged she wanted to be like the rest of her friends at the hub. Play games on her phone and ring her friends take photos
She could not with Kisa but for older people it’s a good phone

sharene w.

I too purchased the phone for the exact same reason. My daughter used it twice. I want to sell it but I'm not sure if I can get new covers for it without our details on it

estelle c.

estelle c.asked

the phonebook keeps changing from sim to phone - how can i change it back

Colin D.

Colin D.asked

Who makes them?

Jan Tasked

Is there a way of sending a text message without having to touch the paper plane to send it???
It’s ridiculously right beside the “back” direction (millimeters away) and if “back” registers instead of send you’ll lose everything you just typed out to send!!!

Jan T

It’s the flip phone... which btw isn’t working at right at this moment but I’m hoping that is because the sim has a small scratch... Will know when I buy a new sim tomorrow!
Not happy so far!

Michael Tasked

We recently purchased a Kisa phone for my elderly father which he received a week ago. He was saying that he didn't know where the charging cable plugged into the cradle. Surely it should be obvious? I note there is no picture of the cradle/charger connection port in the user manual for the phone. I'm interstate and having to rely on others to investigate. For those who've purchased a Kisa phone recently can you shed any light? I'm surprised that this has become an issue... Any advice/guidance is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Michael

Jan T

It’s pretty small.. it’s at the back of the cradle, down the bottom of the back, if it’s the same as the one I just got for my mum....

Viciasked

I have just received mine. I think it's a great idea and mostly what i was looking for. I would like to be able to tinker with the sounds it makes though. They're unnecessarily alarming for what they represent.

You can choose the unlimited calls plan for $40 a month with telstra, which is pretty reasonable, depending on how many calls are made. You can change the numbers remotely. It works. So far so good. See what my mum makes of it tomorrow. We've tried pretty much everything else.

Michael T

Hi Vici, I've just submitted a question myself on this website about the Kisa phone we purchased for my father recently. Can you tell me where the charging cable socket is on the cradle, please? For some reason people are having difficulty locating it. I'm interstate and am having to try and resolve this remotely for my father who is in Adelaide. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks :)

Jan T

Hi Michael, is it the flip phone with the cradle charger that your dad has?

Vici

Hi Michael,I believe, from memory, that it's on the back of the cradle but I will have a look tomorrow. Mine is not a flip.

Micheleasked

My mother has somehow blocked some phone numbers, so people can not call her. How do we unblock these phone numbers.

Just ring Kisa
My sister dropped and broke her phone and they fixed it for cost of postage
This is an honest customer focussed company Just call them

Michele

Thank you, I'll give them a call.

Get it right

Get it rightasked

I bought this phone 5 years ago. It didn't work. We had two replacements but they kept flashing blue/red then nothing.
Was wondering if they had improved at all over the years?

sharene w.

Oh... we had vfx that issue as well... I assumed my daughter wasnt using it correctly

Kim

Kimasked

Why can’t I hear person making call from Kisa phone and they cannot hear me.

Sydney2011
Sydney2011

I do not work for Kisa, so unless they have the volume button all the way down (very low sound) i do not know the answer sorry - Call Kisa and they can help you I m sure.

mirrabucca

mirrabuccaasked

Is it 3g or 4G?
You know Telstra (and others obviously) are switching off #g in 2020, that's next year...

julie

julieasked

Good morning
How do I increase the number of times my Dads KISA phone rings? He’s unable to answer it in time.
Cheers

Healthy Talent
Healthy Talent

Apparently there aren't any physical ways you can set this up on your phone - you have to call and arrange this feature of longer ring time, with the provider (Telstra or Vodaphone)

Paul W.

Paul W.asked

How do I get another battery for the phone

Laura R

Laura Rasked

Can the sos button be disabled as it's gone off twice and mum has only had the phone one hour? Mums in care and doesn't need the sos.
Laura Rugge