KitchenAid Artisan KEK1835

KitchenAid Artisan KEK1835

MPNs: 5KEK1835AAC, 5KEK1835ACU, 5KEK1835AER and 4 more
See the Best Electric Kettles in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by KitchenAid

decSydney, NSW

Problems with the lid not opening

Purchased in January 2020 at Peter's of Kensington for $179.00.

Update Nov 22 2020.
KitchenAid did not contact us but replaced the kettle for free, within the warranty period. It was posted to us with a tracking number. They did at least make good on their warranty, which was very welcomed.

Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.asked

This is the second one of these (Almond Cream) kettles we have bought in 3 years!! At $229 each, (bought to match our 4 slice toaster, stand mixer, food processor and nespresso machine) I am fed up with replacing it. I have been a KitchenAid girl for years and my previous to that kettle was the silver one of the same brand. The lid has not opened, ever on these 2!!! On any of them. As kids are grown I didn't worry about this design feature of it playing up (you put up with things for aesthetics sometimes when older) Although grandkids now old enough to make a cuppa but I am so concerned with one of them scalding themselves I won't let them. But again, the electronics of my kettle has stuffed itself on the second Almond Cream (as I said 3 years) . Seriously... not good enough.. both Almond creams were bought from Peters of Kensington who have said I must deal with KitcheAide direct so haven't bothered as you are online and I am a tea drinker and in need of kettle quick so just replaced myself. Please contact me regarding this, i am happy to provide you with proof of my purchases through Peters. Please contact me on Doug_teune@hotmail.com.

Pitpat
Pitpatasked

Hi, my wife would like to buy this kettle as it matches the Kitchenaid toaster we are about to buy however it looks very similar in both appearance and specifications to the KEK1722 (https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/kitchenaid-artisan-kek1722) which apparently had some serious issues (including a recall).
Between this model the KEK1835 and the KEK1722 has anything been done to address the problems mentioned in reviews for the KEK1722 (such as with the lid)?
Many thanks in advance
Phil

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives

CategoryElectric Kettles
Features360° Swivel Base, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge
Capacity1.7 L
Variable Temperatures Yes
Colour / FinishEmpire Red, Almond Cream, Contour Silver, Onyx Black, Stainless Steel, Gloss, Pistachio
ManualDownload manual
  • MPN: 5KEK1835AAC, 5KEK1835ACU, 5KEK1835AER, 5KEK1835AOB, 5KEK1835APT, 5KEK1835ASX and 5KEK1835AWH
  • GTIN12: 883049365633