18 questions from our users

Daniela L

Daniela Lasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

I keep on getting error 1 when stirring and it is not overloaded. Only am able to use the machine for boiling/steaming.

Can this be fixed?

Liz
Liz

I suggest turn off, turn on, and increase stir speed slowly. Told it can be overload as in perhaps lump of butter getting pushed by stir assist and motor cant get going enough to start with. No necessarily too much in the bowl.
or overheating.
If all else fails contact kitchenaid direct. Their customer service i have found to be exceptional.

Elize

Elizeasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

I've always used the wok to make stir fries. Can the Kitchen Aid really do Asian style stir fries, because that would save me a lot of time. Or, what kitchen appliance would be best to help me with stir frying?

Thuy B.KitchenAid

Hi Elize,

Yes, the Cook Processor can be used for Stir Fries. It does everything from boiling, frying, steaming, stewing and making dough, to chopping, mincing, pureeing, mixing, emulsifying, whipping and stirring.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Thuy

Margaret

However, there is something terribly wrong with the fried rice recipe - turns to mush! I have asked for it to be reviewed 2 years ago,,,, still there!

Leanne C

Leanne Casked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AAC (Almond Cream)

Hi .... should the blade still turn when I have the lid off, but the steaming trays and their lid on ? .... I am absolutely positive I have done this many times before, but last night and again this morning my Cook Processor just continually tells me that the lid is off and it will not work ? .... I turned the machine off, and also off at the wall, and lifted out and replaced the bowl multiple times but still nothing .... very frustrated .... any advice would be great. thank you.

Bel

Belasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AOB (Onyx Black)

Hi. The LED screen just stopped lighting up. I am unable to see anything so renders whole machine unusable. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Celeste Masked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red)

Does anyone else get the message “lid open” and it stops when the lid is not open. What causes this and how do you fix it?

Patricia
Patricia

If I jiggle mine up or down, it seems to fix it.

Celeste M

Do you pick up the whole machine? Does this seriously work?

Karen B
Karen B

I just click the lid clips again as sometimes they do not totally click into place

Tom

Tomasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AAC (Almond Cream)

We have broken the stir assist accessory in our cook processor (someone thought it was for the dough and didn’t read instructions....), how or where can I purchase a replacement? Cheers, Tom

gigi

gigiasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AFP (Frosted Pearl)

Hi. I'm considering buying the cook processor- I really want to be able to cook stews and curries with very tender meat in the quickest possible time. Does anybody have experience doing this with the cook processor using stewing program? How long does it take to get the meat very tender?

Hi Gigi,

I cook my curries and stews on the 60min cycle and have had every one turn out lovely and tender. The red meats and pork turn out the best (chicken needs to be on a shorter cycle).

Lisa
Lisa

Ive had mine for two wks now and love it.
I find if you treat it like a pot on the stove it will do great stews and curries. So fry onion and meat like you would on a stove then had liquids and stew.
Depending on size can take 30-45mins i found.
Plus it has a keep warm mode which is awesome.

Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Gigi, You can view all the Cook Processor recipes online here; http://cookprocessor.kitchenaid.com.au/recipes
There are braises, curries and lots of other recipe inspirations! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Lindy Hasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

I am just about to purchase the vitamix nutrition centre..does the kitchen aid cook pro do the same thing?? I want to be able to juice

mirapj
mirapj

I don't know what the Vitamix does, I used to be a Thermomix consultant until a couple of years ago when they treated customers so badly in relation to the new model. I am now a consultant for the Kitchenaid Cookprocessor and I love the way the company treats their customers. The Cookpro is somewhat similar to the functions of the Thermomix but is a larger capacity 2.2lt compared to 4.5lt and has far superior safety features. Our price is also much better. If I can be of any further assistance please touch base again. Kind regards Pam email [email removed]

Hi,

I also have the vita mix nutrition centre, nothing else ‘in my opinion’ blends as well. It doesn’t juice, but blends so fine it’s juice like.
The kitchenaid cook processor does everything else very well, it also includes a food processor.

Lindy H

Thankyou both so much! Looks like I may need to purchase both

Yas.S

Yas.Sasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

How is making dough in this machine? Does it do the kneeding job too?

Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Yas, The Cook Processor Dough Blade can be used to cut fat into your dry ingredients to make pastry, and can also be used to knead pasta, pizza and bread doughs. If you have any other questions we are always happy to help. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

zaree98

zaree98asked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AER (Empire Red)

Can you make nut butter in the cook processor if you dont have the food processor attachment ?

Darwin saver

Hi there Zaree98. I haven't tried making nut butters in the cook processor. But as far as my research goes, if you go to the KitchenAid Cook Processor website, there is a recipe there for peanut butter made without the food processor attachment - ie. just in the bowl with the multi blade. So I would suspect that using the same instructions it would work fine with other nuts too. Cheers C;)

Belle AKitchenAid

Hello, it is possible to make nut butter in the Cook Processor, depending on the nut you use, the time will vary for how long it needs to be processed and also how crunchy it is. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Robert

Robertasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103AAC (Almond Cream)

Old lid, cracked, and broke. Got sent new lid - new version, and the service was prompt and terrific. That measuring cup falling out whenever I opened the lid used to give me big fright as it crashed. That problem now solved. But I note there are no steam outlets in new lid, unless one takes out the centre plug. (is it also a measuring cup?) I don't want it to explode like I believe Thermomixes do. Is it safe to operate fully sealed? Need more info, on how it should be used.
Cheers,
Robert Ray

Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Robert, We are glad to hear you like the new lid and are happy with our Customer Service. The new lid does allow for the release of steam, it is just a smaller amount than if using with the measuring cup removed , you are able to use the Cook Processor with the cup inserted. You can watch some videos on how to get started with your Cook Processor here; https://kitchenaid.com.au/quick-start/cook-processor
Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Darwin saver

Hi Robert. I've been using the new lid for a while now and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The new 'cup' insert fits into the lid quite nicely but you'll notice it is not an absolutely airtight fit and a bit of steam therefore escapes from around this cup. The new lid absolutely safe to use and there is no way this lid would be likely to 'explode' as you say. This unit is a unique and completely different design to the TM. The 'cup' locks into place in the top of the lid and cannot pop out once it's locked into the slot. The new lid as you see has a safety handle that grasps onto the bowl and so the unit will not operate unless this handle is correctly locked down. This handle ensures the lid absolutely cannot pop off. You'll also note that in some of the recipes it states to remove the cup, so just follow the recipes and do that if it states to do so. I sometimes remove the cup anyway for my own recipes to let the steam out. Glad you've got one of these little beauties - they are such a time saver and I've already used my own recipes in it and it works a treat. Have fun in the kitchen with your new appliance! Cheers, Cyndi-lou

Melly

Mellyasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red)

Im trying to decide between the thermomix and cook processor and im leaning towards the cook processor however there seems to be limited online recipes compared to the thermomix. Where does everyone get their recipes from and can you use recipes you already have for example currys i cook in my slow cooker, can i use the same recipe in my cook processor??

Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Melly, we have an app which you can download, and you can view the website here; http://cookprocessor.kitchenaid.com.au/recipes
There is a manual setting which allows you do cook your favourite recipes, we have demonstrations which you can go and see in store the Cook Processor in action. There are lots of people who have blogs dedicated to the Cook Processor for more inspiration. As well as a great 'unofficial' Facebook group called KitchenAid Cook Processor Australia (Unofficial) that might be worth you asking questions about recipes and how to convert existing recipes really easily. We also have our resident foodie who sits within the group and answers questions. Take a look as this may help a bit!
If you have any other questions, we are happy to help. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Jo Whelkanasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

Hi I'm thinking of selling my thermomix and buying the kitche aid cook processor (Thermomix bowl not big enough for growing family of 5 - and no I don't want to buy another bowl). But..... Can I make smoothies in kitchen aid cook processor??? don't want a sep machine to do this.

dmb

Haven't tried the Cook processor With smoothies.Doubt it is as good as thermie for it. My Family do not use the thermie for smoothies any more,they use a nutribullet with Frozen Fruit ,fresh fruit +/- ice in them. The Bullet has a very small footprint and sits next to the Cook processor.
Personally I still use the thermie for frappes , grinding pulses,milling sugar. The thermie is much easier to wash up and also easier to make small quantities.
The Cook processor doesn't mill or grind( in my opinion) but does have a small insert for when you are chopping or making a tiny quantity.
The Cook processor would be messy to try to pour out a smoothie(if it's capable), where as the thermie has a convenient jug with handle just made for pouring.

Jo Whelkan

Thx so much. I just don't really want te machines and gave away all others when I bought my thermie!

gregcccc

I agree with dmb. The KitchenAid Cook Processor could be used to make smoothies .... But it's not the best tool for the job. The cutting blade will cut and mix just about anything but pouring out your smoothies may not be so easy.

Amanda58asked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

I've had a lot of meals and salads cooked by friends who own Thermometers but have been really disappointed with the texture of the meals, all the food seems to be cut overly fine. I've read that the Cook Processor can leave food in larger chunks, can anyone confirm or deny??

gregcccc

You are correct. The Thermomix uses a blade set (see here for a picture https://www.thermomix.com.au/shop/parts/tm5-parts/tm5-blade-set/). When it rotates in one direction it cuts. When it rotates in the opposite direction is mixes/stirs.To me it seems obvious that a mixer/stirrer like that is going to turn everything into baby food! By comparison take a look at the StirAssist and MultiBlade for the Cook Processor here (see http://kitchenaid.com.au/cookprocessor/product/product_details/accessories#accessor_1).

Amanda58

Thanks for your reply, apologies for the autocorrect, I did mean Thermomix!

Dr S Elliott

The Cook Processor cooks much more quickly than the TM so if you don't reduce your cooking times, you will also end up with mush. Once I worked that out I became much happier with my Cook Processor and its stirring blade. The CP has a large heating area so it cooks quickly - adjust for this in all your recipes and you'll be as happy as I am with my CP. When I've had TM cooked food at friend's homes, I've found the texture disappointing.

SJ12

SJ12asked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

Made a lovely meal using the cook processor following a recipe from the book. The book did not say to take the measuring cup out as it was a "stewing" recipe except now I can't get the measuring cup out!! It seems like it is fused in. Help please?

gregcccc

Best to contact Kitchen Aid directly. I have not experienced this problem myself.

Darwin saver

Hi there SJ12. Yes, this happened to me also. Was cooking a dish which also did not say to take the measuring cup out and when the dish was completed, I also could not for the life of me get the measuring cup out. After about a week of jiggling and pulling etc, it finally came out and instead of the plastic being clear it was opaque and cloudy. I took pictures and sent them to KitchenAid, to which they promptly replied and offered me a new lid. Just go to the Australian KitchenAid website and report your problem. The lid was delivered in record time (pretty good seeing I live in Darwin), and the new lid has a more secure latch system with the measuring cup in the middle of the lid, which is made of a different material to the old measuring cup. In conclusion, loved the old lid, but this one appears to be more robust. Loving my cook processor - best machine bought. Bit expensive, but it's more than paid for itself already with lovely new recipes and converting some old ones; one pot chopping and cooking, quick, versatile and with the large bowl we're able to freeze the extra food and save money. Thank you KitchenAid.

coral

coralasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

How easy is it to clean (Kitchenaid)?

gregcccc

Everything except the main bowl can go in the dishwasher. If you keep the food moving while cooking then nothing burns on the bottom - so its easy to clean. I have found I am using a little more oil than I used previously to ensure nothing sticks. I am using Extra Virgin Olive Oil so there is no health detriment associated with using a little more oil in our food.

Dr S Elliott

You can put the main bowl in the dishwasher. Apparently there were some reports that you can't, but this has been corrected in the info I got with mine. The pot however, is very easy to clean it you want it again quickly as it's flat bottomed and made of stainless steel.

pamC

pamCasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

Are there any other recommended cook processors apart from Thermomix and Kitchen aid? I think I'm erring towards the Kitchen Aid, I already have the blender and stand mixer which I am very happy with, but to have one gadget to replace a few would be ideal. We are a 3 adults family, who all enjoy cooking.

Sarah Jade
Sarah Jade

I love my Mycook, definitely worth a look into

Toni
Toni

The other one I have been researching is the Optimum Thermomcook.
All reviews I have read are very favourable (except for a particular hotspot where hot food catches/burns)....as is the price!

gregcccc

The Kitchen Aid has not replaced our stand mixer (which we love). You can't replicate the planetary mixing motion of a stand mixer with a Cook Processor. If you didn't have a stand mixer then the Cook Processor is fine for the "occasional chef" but probably not sufficient for the serious home chef.

Bethasked

Cook Processor 5KCF0103

Hi thanks for the great review! I'm trying to find more info about the cook processor to decide if I get this out a thermomix.
Can the kitchenaid make sorbet and fruity dream type stuff like the tmx? Also do you think it does a better job at things like whipping cream, making icing etc? My choices are a 2nd hand tm31 or sell my kItchenaid stand Mixer and get a cook processor.

dmb

I still use a stand mixer for icings , cream and meringues.
The whipping device that the tm31 and the cook processor have I only use for things that require cooking such as lemon butters or to make churned butter. This thing is used for risotto in tm31 but the stirring attachment is used in kitchenaid.
My old stand mixer does such as fabulous job of whipping things with minimal washing up that I tend to you it while the tm31 is cooking something.

the tm31 does make a good crushed ice sorbet according to my family or smoothie. I never make smoothies or sorbet but my family still uses tm31 multiple times a day for these.
The family have never touched the cook processor (even though they are permitted) but assume they only want to use what they know.

Now that I have both machines the tm31 gets used as a powerful blender (by husband and child), a milling device and rice cooker by me.At the same time the cook processor is used for all the hot meals or confectionery items. I used the tm31 for creamed rice this week as I know recipe in my head , but 2 days later I went to make more and tm31 was in dishwasher so made another batch in cook processor and adjusted time down by 10 minutes as most cooking is quicker in kitchenaid as the cooking surface is easily doubled.

One of the important things you need to ask yourself is how many people are you preparing food for and do you want leftovers for lunch?
The TM31 is the right size for my family of 2 adults and 1 child for a meal but not big enough for lunchtime leftovers , it's big enough for 4 servings of most things.

The cook processor is plenty big enough for seconds and a few days of leftovers.
The shape of the kitchenaid means I doubt it does a good job of ice sorbets, think you need the blender shape (tm31) to have everything fall onto blade whereas kitchenaid blade tends to chase the food to cut it with the bigger surface area.The small chopping insert/blade for kitchenaid looks too tiny for a batch of sorbet.
So good luck Beth with whatever you buy .They are both great machines and I'm pleased to have both side by side.

Beth

Thanks heaps for your awesome reply! I think I've decided to get a second hand tm31. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 small kids and as much as I like the stirring function of the kitchenaid I think the blending in the tm31 will be super handy. Plus hubby likes the idea of second hand and cheaper.

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives