KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

50 questions from our users

Marisella V.

Marisella V.asked

KSM150 Artisan

I have a KSM150 Artisan. Will a 4qt bowl fit this mixer? If so where I can I buy it?

PETER

PETERasked

Kitchen aid ksm150
Should the attachment shaft be spring loaded?
Our kitchen aid came without it .

Gayaasked

KSM150 Artisan

I bought KSM 150 mixer from mighty ape a couple of week ago. Last weekend opened package and try to remove wire whip from beater shaft it was so tight and couldn’t come out easily. I notice that there was no spring on beater shaft. Is that normal or any defect?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Get a friend to ring them for an immediate answer rather that use a review site

Gaya

Thanks, I contacted them via email and posted on this site while waiting for there reply. They contact me today and sorted

Cara

Caraasked

Hi
We are lucky enough in our family to have 2 Kitchen Aid stand mixers. I bought a KSM150 about 15 years ago and I have a bunch of attachments (juicing, pasta making etc) that fit it. More recently another family member bought a 5KSM150PSAAC and I wanted to share my attachments but they just won't fit in the top front attachment port. Are they supposed to be interchangeable?

thanks

yuval a.

yuval a.asked

KSM150 Artisan

what is the difference between ksm150 model and 5ksm150?

Vicky

Vickyasked

KSM150 Artisan

Hi, I'd Iike to know which kitchenAid is more popular in buying, was it kitchenAid KSM160 OR KPM5? Thanks

misty b.

misty b.asked

KSM150 Artisan

What is the difference between ksm150p and ksm150ps?

Margaret

Margaretasked

KSM150 Artisan

Hi, can you tell me the difference between KSM150 and KPM5 please? I will be doing a lot of kneading work Many thanks.

KAParts
KAParts

Hi Margaret,

The KSM150 is a Tilt head mixer and the KPM5 is a bowl lift mixer.

Judi

Judiasked

KSM150 Artisan

I have a question the 5ksm160 came with 2 bowls beater, whisk and hook , was it supposed to come with a pouring shield as well like the ksm160 as it didnt

Thuy B.KitchenAid

Hi Judi, both the KSM150 and KSM160 include the pouring shield. Can you please reach out to our customer care team on 1800 990 990 and they will be able to assist further? Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Aarti C.

Aarti C.asked

KSM150 Artisan

Hi. I have a ksm150. I was planning on buying an extra bowl for it. I Am getting a 4.7 ltr bowl at a shop near me but wasn't sure it will fit as I suppose ksm150 has a 4.8ltr bowl. Let me know if that is ok or which one to buy

Bamixer

Whether or not the bowl will fit has more to do with how it locks into the machine than anything else. The size of the bowl won't make much difference. However ensure the bowl is made specially for use with kitchenaids as they need a particular diameter and shape in other for the beater action to be effective, and they have a lock in mechanism that is different in manufacture than most other brands. A universal one may not work.

Thuy B.KitchenAid

Hi Aarti, we recommend purhasing the 4.8L stainless steel bowl for the KSM150. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Toffi.B

Toffi.Basked

KSM150 Artisan

i want to buy either a Kitchen Aid Mixer or a Kitchen Aid Food Processor..Im a very basic cook and don't know what would be the best all-rounder machine for me to buy

Hi Toffi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please let us know if you bake a lot? If you do, we recommend the Stand Mixer as it is the go to for making cakes, bread, pastries, dough - the list is endless! The hub on the Stand Mixer allows you to grow beyond baking, where you can attach over 14 different attachments which ranges from pasta attachments, spiralizer, meat grinders and the vegetable sheet cutter. The food processor is great for meal preparation for slicing, dicing, pureeing and chopping.

You can find more information on our website here.
Stand Mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixers
Stand Mixer Attachments - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments
Food Processors - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/food-processors-products.

Jack

Jackasked

KSM150 Artisan

What's the difference between the KSM150 and 5KSM150?

Hi Jack,

It is the same model. The KSM150 naming convention is used in America whereas the '5' in KSM150 is for models in other regions.

Happy eater

Happy eaterasked

KSM150 Artisan

The timing in the instruction book regarding the bread kneading is way off. I have used both the methods in the instruction book and having the dough knead with the hook at Speed of 2 did not provide the texture that I want within 4-6 minutes and I am cautious of not using other higher speed for kneading purposes. Please kindly advise whether it is still alright to continue kneading the dough using the hook for more than the required time and does this process affect the machine itself?

adee

adeeasked

KSM150 Artisan

can you purchase a small bowl for the KSM150? or is this option only available with the KSM160? i do a lot of small batch stuff also, and was wondering if i need to make the extra expense or not?

Hi there,

Yes, the smaller bowl is suitable for the KSM150. The product is out of stock online at the moment, however please see the link for reference - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/28l-ss-mixing-bowl-3-quart-0.

Kim

Kimasked

KSM150 Artisan

Hi there, I would like to buy a clear glass bowl for my kitchen aid ksm 150.all of the bowls say they fit ksm 150pd. Will this fit mine?

Hi Kim,

Apologies for the delay in response. Yes, the clear glass bowl (https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/47l-glass-bowl-5-quart-0) is suitable for the KSM150.

Hannah

Hannahasked

KSM150 Artisan

I am looking purchase either the 150 or 160 model. I am curious to know if people find the larger bowl (ie only bowl with the 150) can successfully deal with small quantities, eg creaming small amounts of butter and sugar. With my old mixer I often found the ingredients would stick to the sides of the bowl and not incorporate well. Thank you.

Cie
Cie

Hi Hannah, I suppose like any mixer you can have issues with small amounts but especially creaming I warm the metal bowl with some water from a recently boiled Kettle, dry it then add ingredients, it works well. Overall though unless it's really cold I don't tend to have any problems and I bake a few times a week for my family. Hope this helps. Celia

janine s
janine s

I have only just received my replacement and have only made a packet mix with it and it worked fine My only advice would be to buy from myer because they replaced my mixer immediately and kitchenaid wanted to repair it I bought artisan 150

Lachie
Lachie

I have never had any great problems here but I don't bake a lot.

Christopher S

Christopher Sasked

KSM150 Artisan

Is it ok to use an Australian adapter on a Singaporean KSM 150?

Marls

Marlsasked

KSM150 Artisan

What is the difference between the kms150 and the kms160 kitchenaid mixers? Advertised on David Jones .... Also can you get same accessories for both machines.

Trudi B.
Trudi B.

I am also interested in this answer

Bamixer

All the 300W tilt models are the same machine. The difference is in the parts that ship with the models. The most basic model only ships with three beaters and one bowl. The higher end ones will ship with an extra bowl, a spill cover and a flex beater as well. Check the product descriptions carefully to see what's shipped with each. If you only want to do basic things then you might find the lowest end model to suit you and you can always buy the other items individually as you need them.

Nasing

Nasingasked

KSM150 Artisan

What is the difference between the Food Processor attachment and the slicer/shredder attachment?

Alex
Alex

The food processor is better as you can do more with it. It chops veges or slice them. The slicer/shredder merely just slice some veges and grate cheese.

Mindy

Mindyasked

KSM150 Artisan

Hi, I have a KSM 150 with the metal bowl with handle. I've used it maybe around 15-20 times to make bread dough in 6 months since i bought it brand new. The bowl now doesn't fit in tightly anymore as the metal base is worn out. Is this normal? It's a bit disappointing that the base of the bowl gets worn out so fast. I always make sure the bowls are screwed in tightly when i use it with the fear of the bowl coming lose and damaging the whole mixer. That's exactly what happened the last time when i made bread dough and turned my back for 10 seconds. Do you offer replacements?

Miss p
Miss p

Just call kitchen aid they were really good to me if there’s an issue with a part they will replace it..

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer questions

Get an answer from our members and KitchenAid representatives