KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan (page 3 of 9)

MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

A reliable stand mixer can help make your baking sessions a breeze. Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

4.3

• Safety
Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Best Mixer

I have had my Kitchenaid stand mixer for a few years now and its fabulous it never misses a beat. We recently had a kitchen renovation done and my mixed got put away on its side while the reno was taking place, you can imagine my horror when I went to get it out and there was oil leaking out of it. Anyway we found our local Kitchenaid repairer and for approx. $70 they regreased the mixer and its now as good as new. If there was one criticism and its not a fault but I find in winter its hard to cream butter in the stainless steel bowl. Mine is Empire Red.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Shaan

ShaanCanberra

We love this mixer

We bought this mixer in 2013, and it still performs like a treat. My husband regularly uses it to knead pizza and pasta dough, and it has the grunt to chug away kneading a reasonable quantity of dough for at least five minutes. I use it to make cakes, and it works well. You do need to scrape the side of the bowl occasionally but I have not operated a mixer that did not require this. Whipping egg whites or cream is easy. We bought the mixer with a large and small steel bowl, and it came with whisk, dough hook and normal beater.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Snapperg

SnappergGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After a false start seems like a good solid mixer

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Belle AKitchenAid

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we will pass all the necessary information on to the relevant sources. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Terri

Terri

It should be excellent for the price

Yes, I am always scraping the sides also and there is that groove in the base of the bowl where the ingredients often gather and stick, requiring me to really dig and the slide the spatula in to clear it. I miss the way the old kenwood's beater used to move around the bowl I have realised now how that is a fundamental requirement for superior beating. I wish this one did that. I bought it on the assumption that at this price and with all the hype, it must be a superior product. I was wrong. .

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Terri, It would be worth checking your beater to bowl clearance, you can find this in your instruction manual. We also have a flex edge beater which assists in scraping the bowl for you! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Wish I had done my homework

I bake a lot and am constantly turning the machine off to scrape the sides down - even with the silicone scraper I paid more money for. Ingredients splatter all over the place even with the cover on. The beaters do not touch the bottom of the bowl and ingredients are not mixed. My mum uses a Kenwood and I should gone with that brand. Nothing but glossy hype. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Naomi SKitchenAid
jafc1966

jafc1966sydney

LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchenaid mixer

the motor is great I have blown mixers previously so I am happy, the capacity is great, my only negative would be the splash guard which fits really loosely and is always falling off, leaving me with flour on the walls! other than that its great and for a baker worth investing in the wider spatula attachment.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Belle AKitchenAid

Thankyou for your feedback, we always appreciate it! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

dallywally

dallywallyMacksville

'Bling Bling, Kitchen Bling!'

I bought a kitchen aid on sale from Myer online in January 2017 after alot of research on the product. I can honestly say it has been the best mixer I have ever seen & used. It is easy to use & easy to clean. I am so glad I didn't buy another brand as well. I would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Belle AKitchenAid

Hi, Thanks for your great feedback, always love to hear a happy customer's thoughts! Kind Regards, The KitchenAidTeam

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Mixer and more!

Really like this mixer! Waited awhile to be able to purchase one and am really happy with the results. I use it to mix mostly when baking. Picked this product over some of the others with a bigger mixing bowl and haven't had any issues, when I am baking up a storm though I do find I need to mix smaller batches, however this isn't very often. Came with the whisk (great when making pavs) and beater. Use both quite often depending on what I need to mix. Like the stability of the appliance as I can use both hands and add items to the mixture and there is no risk of it moving or tipping over. The one part I don't like is when the mixture gets above the mixing attachment as cleaning near the spring is a little difficult.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Tahereh

TaherehWoodville, SA

Great mixer

I love my new mixer, Really great for anything you want to mix. I love making my own bread with my mixer. It is a really big help for me to make difference doughs for different bread, buns or pizza base.... I also use it to make pavlova as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

My papa

My papa

Badly Designed Mixer

Waited years eventually bought one only to be extremely disappointed. Flat mixing attachment does not mix pushing ingredients up the side of bowl which then requires stopping mixer,unlocking and scraping down several times and still ingredients not properly amalgamated. Kitchen Aids response buy Flex beater at my cost (less 25%discount) So I am spending more money on the hope that this new beater works.Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
DineeM

DineeMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bakers delight!

I'm in love with my kitchenaid stand mixer and although we've been together several years the love affair is still strong. We got off to a rocky start until I learnt the ropes but now we are a formidable pair and together we churn out cakes and pavlovas with the greatest of ease. I bought the splatter guard which can be a little tricky to handle but works well. There is nothing I don't love about my kitchenaid stand mixer.

Date PurchasedJul 2007
Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Dinee, Thanks for your great review, we always love to hear feedback from customers!
Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Don't buy directly from kitchenaid

My mixer rattles like a shanty in an earthquake, but it gets the job done. My gripe is that if you accidentally buy a product from kitchenaid directly they won't return it under any circumstances - seriously is there any other company that does that! Do yourself a favour and if you go crazy and feel the need to buy one of these do not do it via Kitchenaid.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Jen ZAlbion Park

Long term love!

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Naomi SKitchenAid

Hi Jen,
Thank you for writing such a great review about Helen Reddy (aka your KSM150)! We appreciate when people take the time to do this. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Jen Z

Easy when it's such a great product. She's working again today on my birthday, we're making an Italian meringue for a lemon meringue tart and using my new glass bowl!

KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Sounds so yum! Thank you again :)

LJ03

LJ03Brisbane

Love it!

I always wanted to buy a mixer as I loved baking. Ever since I bought this, I use it at least once in a week. I haven't bought any other attachments yet other than the ones coming with the Kitchenaid. I use the dough attachment and flat beater most. It is expensive, but I feel the quality is good compared to the other stand mixers. It is quite heavy and sturdy. I have been using it for more than a year, and I really love it. I have used it to make cakes, biscuits, pizza even Indian rotis. On a lazy day I use it even to make pancake batter! Would love to buy the ice-cream maker and citrus juicer. Hopefully sometime later.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Still making up my mind...

Bought on special, to replace worn-out Mixmaster, but am finding it hard to get used to. Motor doesn't always run evenly (worrying), bowl sometimes too large to mix properly. Need to scrape down frequently to incorporate ingredients but metal casing gets hot; care needed when lifting beaters. Have also found that if dry ingredients go in bowl first, some always remain in base after mixing. Very heavy, need good wrists to move unit around! Haven't tried dough hook yet. Easy to clean. Not sure if I'd recommend it, for the price I expected fewer complications...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Annette Bizzai
Annette Bizzai
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Review collected in partnership with KitchenAid

CharlotteY

CharlotteY

Love my KitchenAid

Never been much of a baker but bought this mixer impulsively and haven't looked back. Excellent robust quality and does a perfect job with batters, doughs, meringues etc. Yes, you will pay more than some other models but it is worth it. Got the ice cream maker attachment and can't wait for summer to kick in to make my own!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Rachael

RachaelGold Coast

Love, Love it.

I never was a big baker but after getting annoyed forking out for bakery items at Woolworths I decided to buy the Artisan as it looked like it would make baking easy. Boy, does it ever! My kids are now begging to do baking so they can help and loving having their own treats in their lunch boxes (if there is enough left to make it in there). I got the grinder attachment with mine and now make my own mince and use it to crumb up biscuits for cheesecakes. Best purchase! Thanks Kitchenmaid

Date PurchasedSep 2016
esp

espMelbourne

Quality & style

Bought the KSM160 for the extra bowl. So far have used the dough hook & whisk, which both produced results very quickly. Everything connects easily & washes well. 2 stainless steel bowls are a good size. Also got a bonus ice cream bowl, which was a bit confusing to attach, but gave better results than my stand alone ice cream maker. Bought the empire red, & it looks gorgeous on the bench. Too heavy to put in cupboard. Would like to buy more attachments, but will have to pace myself as they are expensive.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Leigh

LeighGold Coast

Great Quality And Solid

Great quality and solid like most Kitchenaid appliances. We have the metal bowl instead of glass bowl. Also we have the mincer attachments. So I mince everything together and make sausages, pies and burgers. You can mince whole cheese and veggies as well as all meat. Mixes very well and you can buy heaps of accessories for it. We have had it for several years and hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
KitchenAid A.KitchenAid

Hi Leigh, We thank you for taking the time to write a review on your KSM150 Stand Mixer. Glad to hear you are getting the most out of your machine with the additional attachments! We really appreciate your feedback, Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team.

Grumpy Wife

Grumpy Wife

Pretty in Red - but not built for hard work

Used the Artisan to make Brioche and the gear failed - replaced by Kitchen Aid under warranty - but told to be careful. Use hardy old Kenwood when making dough/heavy fruit cake. Artisan gets quite warm/fragile under load. Booklet use guidelines specific in run times and limit recipe consideration .

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews