KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan (page 4 of 9)

MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

A reliable stand mixer can help make your baking sessions a breeze. Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

4.3

• Safety

Works like a charm

Great mixer would thoroughly recommend. My wife uses this all the time to make cakes and muffins. It is very easy to operate and the old school mechanisms to tilt and adjust the speed make this really easy to use. Had slight issue when we first bought with getting the beaters off but it was repaired and has not been a problem since,

Rosco94

Rosco94Melbourne

Great to use but what about the safety features?

I bought the Kitchen Aid Artisian two years ago. Whilst I love using it, since having a child I'm questioning the safety features on this product. Often times I've been caught out with raising the head and accidentally knocking the slide which activates the power and have had the beaters spin around in the air. I was wondering why they don't have a locking mechanism on the unit or a safety feature in place. When the unit head is raised it doesn't power up? Seems simple. My mums 1970 era Kenwood won't work until everything is locked in. Maybe Kitchen Aid can look at putting some safety features in place for upgraded models.

LGF

LGFFizroy

Terrible customer service

While cleaning my mixer I noticed a slit in the power cord down to the electrical wires, I searched for replacement cords and found one, but would cost over $70 to replace, they suggested I contact customer service as the mixer was still under warranty. Bad mistake, after waiting days they said it was NOT a 'manufacturing' fault so basically tough luck. I believed it happened when the item was packaged with the weight of the mixer on the cord. I am left with forking out more money after spending over $700 or risk electrocution from a company that doesn't care about their customers.

Product Perfection

Product PerfectionMelbourne

Kitchen aid love grows stronger!

Best kitchen appliance, I was skeptical about this machine, but it is truly worth every penny. I use it at least once a week and my cakes come out much more better. I also use to make great stuffing's. The kitchen aid looks so beautiful in my kitchen it really is kitchen eye candy. The Kitchen aid items are heavy but that is expected of a good quality product.

hetreview

hetreview

Best kitchen item!

I absolutely love my kitchenaid mixer, it is strong and sturdy, handles everything with ease. I have used it for baking, dough making, mincing (with the attachment), whipping cream and egg whites to perfection. I could not live without it now i have it. My hand held beaters have been thrown in the bin! Do yourself a favour and by one.

Lisa

LisaPerth

Love it & great service from Kitchenaid

Love my mixer, it has worked well over the last 7.5 years, use it for cakes, great at egg whites, and I regularly do pizza dough in it - enought to make 3 pizza bases per batch and its lovely to have a mixer that doesn't hop all over the bench when doing dough like my old cheap model did. Also get a lot of use out of the pasta attachment.

The small lever arm on the side cracked off after 7 years of heavy use - this didn't make the machine un-usable, just a little less comfortable on the fingers. I wasn't able to contact kitchenaid about it until the machine was about 2 months out of warranty (as I'd just had a baby when it happened so was preoccupied), but they still kindly agreed to cover the repair under warranty - great service :-)

never again !!

Bought a kitchen Aid in 2011 , have had nothing but trouble with it ! stops with a singe mix , noisy , & has smell of oil coming from it. now has stopped & have found Kitchen Aid people not good to deal with . other words i am left with a mixer that does not go ! & now using my 22yr old hand mixer that has never stopped & still goes like brand new!!

Lyn D

Lyn DVictoria

Lives up to its reputation!

Love, love, love my KitchenAid mixer. Met all my expectations. Mixes cakes beautifully, perfectly whips egg whites & cream. Have also bought the food grinder/mincer & slicer/shredder attachments & they work exceptionally well also. Well worth the price & looks beautiful on my kitchen bench.

RachK

RachKSydney

Love it (but is expensive!)

I'm in love with my kitchenaid. The first time I used it to whip cream it turned into butter as I didn't realise how quickly it would whip up (after having only had a hand-held electric beater previously). I found it hard deciding on what colour to get - I ended up with the red but now wish that I had the ice blue. The only downside is the cost (and the accessories are quite expensive as well) but I feel that it's definitely worth it if you can afford it!

Nalan

NalanSydney

Love it

I have had mine for just over 5 years now and I absolutely love my KitchenAid Artisan mixer. Have not had a single problem with it so far. Definately worth every single cent. Use it for making cake batter, buttercream icing, whipping cream and even make mashed potatoes in it, and the list is endless. I would definately recommend it to anyone thinking of purchasing one.

Pepita

PepitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not just a pretty mixer

Bought one of these after my Sunbeam finally packed it in. What can I say, stay away from the pretend red ones and stick with the original.

PaulS

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Built like a tank!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Quality and Worthless Warranty

Perfect

I have a kitchenaid food processor and have been wanting a stand mixer for years and now I finally have one. i have only used it once so far but I am very impressed. It's solid looks beautiful on my bench. It's quiet to use and comes with a whisk, beater and dough hook which will be very handy
Solid well made, easy to clean, stylist and i can add attachments easily ie: mincer/grinder
nothing so far

Lisa Rowtree

Lisa Rowtree

Very Pretty but not that efficient

I love the look of my Kitchen Aid but I've found that the beaters don't reach the edge of the bowl, even with the rubber attached. I am constantly having to stop the machine take out the bowl and scrape down the sides.... constantly. It makes using the machine a chore. It's such a shame because it looks lovely. I also bought the vegetable chopper and noticed that I had to tilt the machine to make the carrots come out. If I didn't tilt the machine the carrots blocked the shute.
Colour and cuteness
Leaves food build up on the edges of the bowl.

babychloeVictoria, Australia

Best thing since sliced bread!

Meamat

MeamatAU

Our best ever kitchen buy!

Trish

TrishMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I am so impressed....

I couldn't wait for my Kitchenaid to arrive and I just loved it from the minute I opened the box. It was so well packaged which was great too. I had a baking day to try it out. The focaccia bread was the best I have ever made. I made two sponge cakes and they are so so light. I have never been able to get enough air into the mix before but these are wonderful. I also whipped marshmallow and the same mixture I usually use was this time nearly double in volume and so quick to mix too. I just love it. Wish I had bought one many years ago.
I found the bigger motor meant the machine didn't work so hard to achieve great results

Penny01

Penny01Hobart

Love it!

misselleau

misselleauAU

More "Bench candy" than anything else.

babychloe

Misselleau, try contacting Kitchenaid Australia and they will give you instructions on a screw to turn to fix the beater height, which will fix the head lock down. After a few years mine did the same. It's as good as new now :)

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews