KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan (page 5 of 9)

MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety
Penny01

Penny01Hobart

Love it!

misselleau

misselleauAU

More "Bench candy" than anything else.

babychloe
babychloe

Misselleau, try contacting Kitchenaid Australia and they will give you instructions on a screw to turn to fix the beater height, which will fix the head lock down. After a few years mine did the same. It's as good as new now :)

karry327Sydney, NSW

Lives up to expectations

I love my KitchenAid mixer! So far I have only used it with the standard attachments but I am impressed that you can also get icecream, mincing, sausage making attachments.

It is very heavy weight, nice and stable and looks very stylish on my kitchen bench. Everyone comments on it!

Functionality is excellent, various speeds and makes life a lot easier in the kitchen!
Reliable, stylish, works great.
Bit expensive but I expect that it will last for a very long time.

Alqualisse
Alqualisse

Doesn't seem relevant to a toaster

karry327

Yes, you're quite right! This was meant to be under the Kitchen Aid Mixer, don't know how it's ended up on the toaster!

cupcake10

cupcake10

Love affair with a mixer!

I have owned the Artisan 150 for about 2-3 years now and am still as thrilled (or maybe even more thrilled) with it now as I was when I first bought it. It is perfect for cakes and meringues and cream and royal icing and I even make ice cream in it (not using the ice cream attachment but just the stainless steal bowl then freezing and mixing hourly). Last year I bought the glass bowl and find it very useful (ie as I can put this in the microwave) and just to have two bowls. The handles on the bowls are very useful when transferring the mixture.
Everything, mixes perfectly
The addons are very expensive!

I order the "addons" from Amazon, they are much cheaper but check the postage as well.

Ray
Ray

I can't wait to have one to use for my kitchen! I love baking and this will make it easy for me. I found some great useful info about it here http://kitchenaidstandmixerreviewsartisan.blogspot.com/

Junex1

Junex1

Love it.

I needed a new mixer and it was a big decision on my part to go with KitchenAid due to the price. I am so pleased I did. I love it. I have mixed small amounts, and because of the design of the bowl, it manages this very well. It certainly makes the fluffiest pavlovas.
Beats wonderfully from small amounts (1 egg) to huge cake mixtures.
It is heavy, but that does not worry me as I keep it on my benchtop.

cat79

cat79AU

Go get one now and be fashionable

I had wanted a kitchenaid for donkey's years and finally purchased it this year at a good discount.
Ive only used it as a mixer and not used any of the optional attachments like the food grinder, or sausage makes but am keen to give them a go.
The machine is sturdy construction and hopefully will last a long time considering its cost
easy to use, sturdy, gets the job of cake making done in a fun way
doesnt scrape all the cake mix off the bottom or sides properly

joburkey

joburkeyVIC, 3207

The Best

I got this for a birthday present one year, I love it, it's so versatile. I've now increased the amount of things I bake. It's good quality, sturdy and really does the job. It comes with a few attachments but there are so many more that you can get, meaning that it doesn't just mix but will mince and make the pasta too.
It's study and powerful
It's pricey and quite heavy if you needed to pack it away after each use

virgop

virgopACT, 2615

Great machine!

Chazza

ChazzaGlass House Mtns

Love it

I bought this beautiful machine for my 60th birthday present; I needed an excuse to spend so much money on one item. I have not been disappointed. I admit I mostly use it for bread making and it does a great job. It's heavy but really has to be to stop it moving around when mixing dough.
looks great, works great

SGado

SGadoAU

Loving it!

I have wanted a KitchenAid for many years and recieve on for my birthday last year. Its fantastic. I love that you can just mix/beat ingredients and not have to stand and hold a mixer. Creams butter/sugar very well. Beats egg whites very well. Certainly has improved my baking skills. And it look fabulous on my benchtop. Only downside is its price, and it doesn't clean the side of the bowl 100% so you still need to stop the machine and scrape the mixture on the edges to combine properly. And its VERY heavy to lift if you keep it in a cupboard and need to move it alot.
The look and its mixing capabilities.
A little pricey. Very heavy. Need to scrape down sides of bowl as it doesn't mix 100%.

Mickholas

MickholasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK

I wish i could say i love this mixer but i have had problems since purchase. Being only 300watt you have to treat it with some care as to not overload the machine. My old Kenwood coped with double the load of KitchenAid's maximum. Motor Ceased after 5 months and was replaced under warranty. For over $600 i expected a little more.
Looks Great On The Bench. Sturdy Construction.
Not As Powerful As Others. Replaced After 5 Months Due To Fault.

Appliance Surplus distributre hundreds of unit Aust Wide. They have no record of this mareeswan idiot who claims to have not received her mixer...perhaps their competitors have enough spare time to post incorrect and slanderous posts and mareeswan was NEVER a customer of Appliance Surplus!!
cheapest in Australia

swans3
swans3
drifand

drifandWA, 6112

I bought the Black caviar version of this model for my wife and I even use it myself. Comparing to Kenwood, I would still buy this over Kenwood any day as this is way more artistic, high quality product. I would recommend that you buy it from a reliable online store with Australian warranty. Some of these stores will price match the best prices you can find.
Rock solid quality mixer from the US. Great variety of colours. Does multiple uses besides just mixing. Example with attachments you can mince meat, make your own pasta, or even ice-cream. Its a masterpiece and work of art.
The price in Australia is priced a bit way over what a person buys it in the US. We are talking about nearly $200+ more easily.

MartsProductReview

MartsProductReviewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Campcook77

Campcook77AU

Not worth the money

kkap

kkapAU

I love my KitchenAid

This is by far the appliance that I am most fond of. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't receive this as a house warming gift I probably never would've forked out $700+ for it, especially considering I'm certainly not a masterchef. In saying that, it gives me much pleasure to see this work of art in action and believe it or not it has actually inspired me to try new recipes. I've never once used my handheld mixer since I've had this legend.
So sturdy and easy to clean. Quality second to none.
Expensive and heavy.

shiba

shibaAU

Love it

No complaints about the actual mixer. Works so well and is so efficient! Just love the Candy Apple Red colour too.
Only complaint is that the slicing attachments are made of very poor quality metal and have a strong tendency to rust! ALso, it would be good if all the attachments were dishwasher proof, not a big ask given the pricing!
Quiet, efficient, gorgeous colour
Poor quality slicing attachments, can't put some attachments, eg whisking attachment, in dishwasher.

Deb19

Deb19AU

Beautiful mixer

I love my kitchenaid mixer. It looks great, and I use it every two weeks to make whatever I can - even if it's something I should do by hand. However it is quite noisy, heavy to lift and was expensive. I waited till the sales before I purchased mine. I agree that the extra components are very expensive, so I will try to get by without them.
looks great in my kitchen
heavy, noisy, expensive

HSE
HSE
Deb1965
Deb1965

Thanks. That's good to know. I will watch out for the motor and hope it lasts for more than five years.

kylie1983

kylie1983Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An easy mix everytime

I love cooking & baking. The excitment of opening the box to see my shiny red KithenAid mixer was everything that I had waited for it has been the best present ever. I have used it heaps already have to buy the attachments now can't wait to make my own pasta.
Very easy to use.
its a little pricey but once used u can see its value

gardenlady8

gardenlady8

Absolutely love my kitchenaid mixer

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews