MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety
Wendy
WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underpowered and in constant need of adjustment.

Sam
SamCanberra

Overpriced and overrated

My mother bought my wife one of these for her 30th birthday. First motor blew after about 3 months so we took it back to Myer who replaced it no questions asked. The second one is still going but the motor struggles on any dough you try putting through. The dough hook is poorly designed and you end up with more dough around the attachment head than you do actually mixing in the bowl so its easier to take it out and do it by hand. The beater and scraper attachment don't scrape all the way to the bottom of the bowl either so it never actually mixes anything properly. Pretty unimpressed with it to be honest, the Kenwood we had which it replaced was miles better, should have just kept it

Purchased in November 2017 at Myer for $625.00.

jhar1970
jhar1970victoria, 3051

Started out loving, now its just a constant reminder of poor product quality

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

aurelien
aurelienSouth-East, TAS

Not convinced of longevity and sturdiness

I recently bought a brand new KSM150 to make bread regularly and was under the impression this was fit for purpose. I also purchased the matching glass bowl & spiraliser attachment. However after a few batches I am skeptical of the longevity of the product, the mixer head shakes and moves while kneading dough, the glass bowl is very hard to fit and screw to the mixer compared to the stainless bowl and the ring on the bottom of the glass bowl is almost impossible to remove once it's been screwed on then lock in stand mixer.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Tina
TinaPerth

Expats - be aware - there is no global warranty

I purchased this when I lived as an expat in Germany. On returning to Australia, half way through the warranty time frame, there was motor problems. However, KitchenAid refused to honour its warranty.
For the record, the power in Germany is 220V, the exact same as in Australia.
My advice to expats? Be aware that there is "NO global Warranty". I would just buy a local brand for far cheaper.
KitchenAid apparently does not value its customers nor are they in tune with present day changing lifestyles whereby so many people travel and live overseas for work.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Belle AKitchenAid

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Terri
Terri

It should be excellent for the price

Yes, I am always scraping the sides also and there is that groove in the base of the bowl where the ingredients often gather and stick, requiring me to really dig and the slide the spatula in to clear it. I miss the way the old kenwood's beater used to move around the bowl I have realised now how that is a fundamental requirement for superior beating. I wish this one did that. I bought it on the assumption that at this price and with all the hype, it must be a superior product. I was wrong. .

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Belle AKitchenAid

Hi Terri, It would be worth checking your beater to bowl clearance, you can find this in your instruction manual. We also have a flex edge beater which assists in scraping the bowl for you! Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Wish I had done my homework

I bake a lot and am constantly turning the machine off to scrape the sides down - even with the silicone scraper I paid more money for. Ingredients splatter all over the place even with the cover on. The beaters do not touch the bottom of the bowl and ingredients are not mixed. My mum uses a Kenwood and I should gone with that brand. Nothing but glossy hype. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Naomi SKitchenAid
My papa
My papa

Badly Designed Mixer

Waited years eventually bought one only to be extremely disappointed. Flat mixing attachment does not mix pushing ingredients up the side of bowl which then requires stopping mixer,unlocking and scraping down several times and still ingredients not properly amalgamated. Kitchen Aids response buy Flex beater at my cost (less 25%discount) So I am spending more money on the hope that this new beater works.Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Grumpy Wife
Grumpy Wife

Pretty in Red - but not built for hard work

Used the Artisan to make Brioche and the gear failed - replaced by Kitchen Aid under warranty - but told to be careful. Use hardy old Kenwood when making dough/heavy fruit cake. Artisan gets quite warm/fragile under load. Booklet use guidelines specific in run times and limit recipe consideration .

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

misselleau
misselleauAU

More "Bench candy" than anything else.

babychloe
babychloe

Misselleau, try contacting Kitchenaid Australia and they will give you instructions on a screw to turn to fix the beater height, which will fix the head lock down. After a few years mine did the same. It's as good as new now :)

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews