MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety
Bianca
BiancaSydney, NSW

Use it all the time! So easy

My mixer is red and is very convenient. It works well, kneads well and I use it for cakes all the time, had it for around a year now, hope it continues to serve us well

BK15
BK15Melbourne

I use it everyday

I use this stand mixer every single day ! I cannot live without it. I use it for making dough, baking, making fresh butter, whipped cream and so on ! The only regret that I have is that to use the whisk attachment, I need to change the height of stand mixer using a screwdriver every single time. That is really painful. I tried contacting someone about it long back but got no response whatsoever . Apart from this, it is a fantastic product.

Purchased in May 2016.

Sarah
Sarah

Very glad I purchased this mixer

This is a great mixer. It is solid so it doesn’t move when mixing. However this also means that it is heavy and hard to move. Mine lives on my kitchen bench because it’s easier than moving it in and out of a cupboard each time I want to use it. The glass mixing bowl is beautiful and my mixer is the mother of pearl finish which is stunning. It’s quiet enough to use that it doesn’t wake my sleeping baby when on. Mixes throughly and easily cuts down baking/cooking time. All round a great mixer.

Purchased in September 2018 at House for $599.00.

heyryeh
heyryehAU

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

Saves me so much time for whipping up meringue, and cake batter etc. I gave it 4 stars because I find the mixer attachment by itself cannot "clean" the bowl well, so maybe will need to buy the Flex Edge Beater. I don't really use it for dough making because I find it is quite easy to over knead the doughs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Amy N
Amy NBrisbae

So easy

This mixer has made my life so much easier! I don't know how I ever lived without it. It makes baking so much quicker and easier and more enjoyable. This mixer is great quality and it doesn't have any faults. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is pationate about cooking!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KitchenAid
Belle AKitchenAid

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Snapperg
SnappergGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After a false start seems like a good solid mixer

Date PurchasedApr 2016
KitchenAid
Belle AKitchenAid

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we will pass all the necessary information on to the relevant sources. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Pepita
PepitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not just a pretty mixer

Bought one of these after my Sunbeam finally packed it in. What can I say, stay away from the pretend red ones and stick with the original.

PaulS

Great machine!

SGado
SGadoAU

Loving it!

I have wanted a KitchenAid for many years and recieve on for my birthday last year. Its fantastic. I love that you can just mix/beat ingredients and not have to stand and hold a mixer. Creams butter/sugar very well. Beats egg whites very well. Certainly has improved my baking skills. And it look fabulous on my benchtop. Only downside is its price, and it doesn't clean the side of the bowl 100% so you still need to stop the machine and scrape the mixture on the edges to combine properly. And its VERY heavy to lift if you keep it in a cupboard and need to move it alot.
The look and its mixing capabilities.
A little pricey. Very heavy. Need to scrape down sides of bowl as it doesn't mix 100%.

shiba
shibaAU

Love it

No complaints about the actual mixer. Works so well and is so efficient! Just love the Candy Apple Red colour too.
Only complaint is that the slicing attachments are made of very poor quality metal and have a strong tendency to rust! ALso, it would be good if all the attachments were dishwasher proof, not a big ask given the pricing!
Quiet, efficient, gorgeous colour
Poor quality slicing attachments, can't put some attachments, eg whisking attachment, in dishwasher.

Deb19
Deb19AU

Beautiful mixer

I love my kitchenaid mixer. It looks great, and I use it every two weeks to make whatever I can - even if it's something I should do by hand. However it is quite noisy, heavy to lift and was expensive. I waited till the sales before I purchased mine. I agree that the extra components are very expensive, so I will try to get by without them.
looks great in my kitchen
heavy, noisy, expensive

HSE
HSE
Deb1965
Deb1965

Thanks. That's good to know. I will watch out for the motor and hope it lasts for more than five years.

JosieJo2000
JosieJo2000Perth, WA

Good

Macwife
MacwifeSydney

Dough, cakes and more... we love our Kitchen Aid

Good

It can be difficult to find kitchenaid products at a reasonable price in Australia and Appliance Surplus meets that demand.
Appliance Surplus are a growing supplier of kitchenaid products and often have a high demand as they are one of the cheapest suppliers on the Australian market.
High Demand

Meamat
Meamat

Ummm are you reviewing the product or the Appliance Surplus website? Seems a little like a planted plug to get more business.

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews