KitchenAid KSM156

KitchenAid KSM156 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 5KSM156ACA, 5KSM156AMS, KAD-5KSM156APB and KAD-5KSM156ATF

Ok...Very underpowered.

It isn't very powerful but does manage to get the job done slightly. Very expensive for what it does. Mine has been returned to MYER twice due to the motor dieing. For the price you would expect it to last more than 11 months. Have to scrape the bowl lots but included was a flexi beater which scrapes as it turns. I have since been given a refund and bought some Sunbeam Cafe Series Planetary Mixmasters. The KA was nice and solid and looked great on the bench but performance wise it just couldn't cope.
The style, the flexi beater, the glass bowl, the customer service.
Very underpowered and not good value for money, motor burns out.

So you bought a Sunbeam Cafe Mixmaster? so did I, and the gears broke the second time we made bread. Well mate, i make bread with the sunbeam and havn't had a problem so dont get all mad and angry at other peoples reviews. Did i give it 1 star? No i didn't because it did mix my cakes and breads pretty well!!!my sunbeam cafe mixmaster died only after using it a dozen times too!!! so just reviewing now options to the the kitchenaid.

Big mistake

I had saved for this machine for years and was so excited when it arrived. It has been a very expensive mistake. Ice-cream attachment does not stay cold long enough to make Icecream and vege shredders destroy rather than slice or shred. Mixer is loud and results sub-standard. Big mistake I greatly regret.

Expensive, doesn't work! A lot of components not dishwasher safe.

I'm guessing you follow the instructions leave the bowl in overnight then quickly add the mixture to the bowl while beating once soft serve consistance add to a container with any mix in mixed in and free for another 30mins at least to get a harder more store bought ice cream consistancy

A valuable piece of equipment

I saved up for this baby and it was worth it. It has been such a treat to use (almost daily) as I bake a lot, make bread and I find it's the 1 thing I don't put in a cupboard as it looks so good out. It's available in all kinds of colours and I am sure will last a long time.
Whips, beats, mixes perfectly and effortlessly, looks good
It's pricey

Great appliance!

Since buying my KA two years ago, it hasn't skipped a beat. Does everything from mixing meatballs to making great pasta, fab cakes to beautiful melting moments. I'm more than happy with my KA, and proud to have it on my bench.
With easy cleanup, it inspires me to use it daily.
Reliable, easy to use, gorgeous.

So stylish it can't hide hide inside a cupboard!

My pride and joy in the kitchen that makes perfect pizza dough, effortless pavlova & silky smooth cake batters. Quality through and through that is not only my 'kitchen aide' but a masterpiece displayed on my kitchen bench that creates reliability and efficiency in my kitchen.
Reliable, efficient, an appliance you don't want to hide in a cupboard
Perhaps a little heavy but nothing really

This is a great product!

I love my kitchenaid! makes cooking a breeze and a joy and the husband loves to watch it go especially when I mix dough. The recipes are endless and fun and the whole family seems to be enjoying them (maybe a little too much?). Looking forward to getting some accessories!
Makes cooking so easy. Looks beautiful!

A well-oiled machine

This mixer was bought to replace my well-loved Kenwood Chef, circa late 1960s. The old mixer sounded like a lawnmower, and bounced around almost as much. What a revelation- the KitchenAid is smooth, powerful, solid and above all - so much quieter!

I have the limited edition Candy Apple Red version of this mixer, which is more metallic in finish - reminds me of an old American hot-rod car (which frankly is how it feels to operate too). It comes standard with the glass bowl, wire whisk, flat beater and the special 'flex edge' beater, which scrapes the sides of the bowl while mixing.

All in all, I haven't had it long, but it is a dream to use. It doesn't move around on the bench, it mixes thoroughly, and it has a huge range of attachments available that I can't wait to try.
Smooth, powerful and relatively quiet

I love my kitchen aid, I use it almost everyday

Since I purchased the kitchen aid which I have wanted for so long, I have used it nearly everyday. When I'm not using it, it looks amazing sitting on the bench especially in red. I mostly use it for baking which I do on a regular basis and it whips my egg whites up to firm peaks within a few minutes while I do other things. We also use it a lot to make pizza dough, saves a lot of time not having to knead for long periods at the bench!
Everything, the look and the function, it is so powerful and I'm sure will last a life time

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews

Hello I’m Mick , I just purchased the Kitchenaid KSM156 Mixer online and waiting for delivery , I need to know if the K5THSBP Quart Polished Stainless Steel Bowl With Handle will fit this machine
Hi Mick It should, but I'd check the Kitchen maid website or call their helpline. Alternatively check at the retailer.

my daughter has a kitchen aid 5ksm156 and the whisk attachment has broken where can i purchase a replacement one please cant sem to find the answer anywhere

Hi Just wondering what glass bowl will fit as my kitchenAid is about 10 years old and I would like to purchase the right glass bowl to fit this model.
If I were you I would just ring your local Kitchenaide seller as they would put you on the right track.Hi Anthony, if you have the KSM156 model, then the 4.7L Glass Bowl will fit your Stand Mixer. You can find it here; https://kitchenaid.com.au/products/47l-glass-bowl-5-quart-0 Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

KSM156
TypeBenchtop
Price (RRP)849
Mixing Speeds10
Motor Power300
Compare all KitchenAid Stand Mixer

• MPN: 5KSM156ACA, 5KSM156AMS, KAD-5KSM156APB and KAD-5KSM156ATF
  • GTIN12: 883049250366, 883049250380, 883049250519, 883049325644 and 883049325989