KitchenAid Stand Mixer

Well Impressed

I have wanted a KitchenAid for a long time, love it now that I have it. Just one down side to it, is that it doesn't mix the bottom of the bowl and you have to use a scraper to mix back in. I also like that I have the option of the small bowl or the bigger bowl.
Love that it is as quiet as it is.

My dream has come true

Although have only just purchased my mixer I live it a d am very impressed with how quiet it is looking forward to lots of fun. I also have the processor attachment but have not used yet and Icecream maker will be much more fun . Looking forward to get other attachments in the future.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Why did I wait sooo long!!!

I honestly cant believe I waited so long to purchase one of these amazing machines! I've only had it for a week now & I've made the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted & several cakes. It looks beautiful in my kitchen, I highly recommend KitchenAid! Even for non cooks as it's just so easy!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Nicky, Thanks for your message and the great review. We are so happy to hear your about your experience with the stand mixer! We hope you continue to enjoy using it to whip up delicious treats! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

It's changed my life!

I use my KitchenAid at least a couple of times a week to make cakes, bread dough, and pasta dough. It truly has changed my life! Saves me so much and I can do other things while the machine is working away. The attachments are easy to change over, cleaning is a breeze and I also bought the smaller bowl, which is super handy. Definitely a worthy addition to my kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Moni, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

A true workhorse

Really love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It is so versatile and powerful yet will thoroughly incorporate ingredients without over processing. The unit sits on my kitchen bench and is a heavy piece of kit. That said, it is quick and easy to clean. Yes, it is expensive but parts should be available for many years to come and I've every confidence that this machine will last and last.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi there, Thanks so much for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Relaible

The mixer is totally easy to use, reliable with no fuss. With the number of speed, which makes it more easy for making pastries. The attachements and accessories are useful to whatever kind of food you are going to make. It is definitly worth buying if you decide to own one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Tata, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and its attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

Saves me so much time for whipping up meringue, and cake batter etc. I gave it 4 stars because I find the mixer attachment by itself cannot "clean" the bowl well, so maybe will need to buy the Flex Edge Beater. I don't really use it for dough making because I find it is quite easy to over knead the doughs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jammed beater first time used

Well the beater is jammed on first use so not happy
What more can I say?
Irritated beyond belief now I have to take it back to shop
I purchased three at the same time so I hope when I now have to open the boxes which were Christmas presents that I can put them back in ant the beaters aren’t jammed

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi there, We're sorry to hear about your experience with the beater. If you could please email us at marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your contact details, our customer service team will be in contact to see if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with us. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

One month, 3 uses and it won't turn on. Waste of money

My kitchenaid turns one month old today. So far I have made 1 batch of butter cream icing, 1 cheese cake and half a chocolate cake. I say half because it won't turn on any more.
Whemb it did work.. The motor is extremely noisy, very clunky. The speed of the blade is not consistent,, it speeds up and slows down all the time. But now it won't turn on so it's one hll of an expensive paper weight who would have thought it can't even make 3 items?

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Ali, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please send us an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your contact details and the serial number of your Stand Mixer so our customer service team can contact you to assist you further? We look forward to hearing from you. Regards, The KitchenAid Team

My Wife loves it!

This mixer the cathedral i call it due to it being very flashy and very, very heavy it something i am happy with. The Cheese and Kisses loves it, it does everything she want with easy. I am no longer the Kitchen Aid!
It is good for me as i can use her old cheap mixer, so win, win!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Only one word for my KSM160 KitchenAid Stand Mixer - PERFECT!!!

This mixer is certainly one to be extremely happy with. I'm so, so happy I bought mine - I always wanted one of these but I had to save for it. It is worth it's weight in gold!
I've been baking now for my family for approx. 45 years & the performance of this mixer has no comparison with any other I've ever used. This machine is amazing!!
I'm yet to buy some of the attachments, but for now I'm happy to have this mixer.
Coming with 2 size bowls makes things so much easier too!
The only negative thing I can say about my KitchenAid KSM160 Stand Mixer is, "I waited too long to buy this.
I'm honoured to highly recommend this machine. If you haven't got one yet; don't waste more of your time...go get one ASAP!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Sheree, We are delighted to hear such a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and that it keeps you feeling inspired with delicious new recipes! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Great for the avid cook

I had been wanting one of these for a long time & I finally lashed out & got one. I absolutely love it, it makes cooking a breeze. It has quite a few speed options which are great, but just make sure you have the cover on if you are using a higher speed, otherwise there may be a bit of mess. There are a great range of accessories which can do almost anything & the fact that it came with two different size bowls makes baking a breeze. I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Melissa, Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you love your Stand Mixer! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Satisfied!

I love this product, and have used it to make lots of batters and doughs. The option for other separate attachments for the machine is a huge plus, and makes everything easier. I also find myself using the meat grinder attachment often. One huge con however is the weight of the appliance, but its' functionality makes up for it. Overall it's a great stand mixer, and worth the investment.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Crystal, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always love and appreciate hearing great feedback from our customers on their experience with any of our products. Enjoy using your Stand Mixer! Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Disappointing

Purchased my machine a week ago and when I used it for the first time it emitted a loud, continuous, screeching noise and tiny shards of metal landed in my cake mix. I have waited for years to purchase one of these machines as to me Kitchen Aid has always been the “holy grail” of mixers. I couldn’t believe that I had received a “dud”! However I have been very impressed by Kitchen Aid Customer Service, extremely prompt and helpful.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Margy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Stand Mixer. I hope our Customer Service team has been able to further assist and rectify this issue. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

The best looking appliance out there!

We purchased our gorgeous Candy Apple Red KitchenAid KSM170 Stand Mixer two weeks ago and we're in love. What a sturdy and good looking kitchen appliance. Easy to use and highly functional, we're happy with our investment! We've tried many different brands over the years and they don't seem to withstand the test of time so we're hopeful this beauty will.

We've also just purchased the meat grinder attachment (the other attachments are quite expensive and some [the food processor] don't look overly functional on YouTube reviews...) and can't wait to try that out. But so far as the mixer goes, we're impressed. It's easy to simply say "but it's just a stand mixer" yet it's really so much more than that. It's an icon and a focal point in our kitchen, and more importantly, it's helped me to uncover a new found love of cooking and baking.

Thanks KitchenAid!

Regards,
Proud parents of Ruby - she's an absolute gem! ;)

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Candace, We appreciate your time in writing us a review and are delighted to hear that our products have ignited a passion of cooking within you. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer, along with its attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Love it.

Love this product so far. I haven't had it long but have made cakes and buns. Works perfectly both the beater and the dough hook. Have always wanted one and has lived up to expectations. My daughter in-law has had one now for 18yrs with no problems plus my daughter has had one for 2yrs, both love theirs. They are heavy, 10kgs but after all they are meant to sit on your bench. Recommend this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Margie, Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer - happy mixing! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

easy to use, i love to use it with my grandaiughter

it is a very good mixer and very strong. my grandaiughter made the cookies with it and very easy to use. I hope to make more in the future. it is easy to clean and the colour is the same like all my appliances. ther are also alot of heads that i can use

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Lien, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and continue to feel inspired. Happy baking and creating! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

It's a tat load but mixes well

I've made cakes, cookies and bases in this fantastic mixer. It's super easy to use and super easy to clean just lift up and out and off you go! Very pleased and love I mean really love the colour as it has that pop. The only problem we have is its a little loud

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Works well.

I have various attachments for this mixer and use the drum kit for grating and shredding the most. It is expensive and I would have kept adding to this, but a bad experience with aftercare turned me away from the brand so I no longer buy kitchen aid. Expensive products like this that dont followup with good aftercare are not worth the price premium

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Rubbish

I am very disappointed with this product.. it doesn’t work properly the top part of the machine keep jumping and making funny noise.
I went back to kitchen warehouse from where I’ve purchased it and they told me I have to deal directly with kitchenaid company. I feel just frustrated.. I still don’t know what will happen next. Tomorrow I will call them and I will see...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Naja, Thanks for your review and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please let us know if this issue has been rectified with our Customer Service team? If not, can you please send us an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your details and the serial number of your Stand Mixer, so we can contact you to discuss this further? Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Which flex beater fits the KSM45?
Hi Steve, The KFE5T Flex Edge Beater is suitable - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/flex-edge-beater-tilt-head. The item is out of stock online at the moment, try searching our retailer partners including Myer, David Jones, Harvey Norman or Bing Lee. More information can be found here - https://producthelp.kitchenaid.com/Countertop_Appliances/Stand_Mixers/Stand_Mixer_Tips_and_Tricks/Which_Flex_Edge_Beater_Fits_My_Mixer%3F. Thanks, The KitchenAid TeamThanks! Just FYI, you might want to address the copy on this URL as it doesn't reference the KSM45 but does specifically reference the 5KSM150, 5KSM160, 5KSM155 and 5KSM156 models: https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/flex-edge-beater-tilt-head The other link you've attached is less helpful as it's US-based and deals with quarts.

Speed Controller; Hello, can the speed control lever be used as "infinitely variable" or must it be clicked into the preset speeds ie 1 - 10. Thanks.
The mixer speed is adjustable between the increments provided. Please note speed increases by units of 2 from 0 to 1 then 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. Please note there is only limited speed adjustment between each of above speed divisions as at each of the above steps it clicks into the marked speed position.

What are the decibel ratings on the Kitchen aid stand mixers?

KSM150 ArtisanKSM160 ArtisanKSM170KSM155 ArtisanKSM156