2Kitchens U Build

Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.

Vinyl wrap doors compared to 2 pac

Kitchens U Build   DM

Hi Alexandra, There is much debate on whether or not Two Pack finished cabinetry is actually worth the cost, especially when compared to Vinyl Wrap (or Thermolaminated) options which can offer a similar look for a better price. Part of the confusion lies in the enormous availability of inferior quality products available on the market, giving both finishes a bad reputation. Cheaper imported products may seem cost effective, however, they simply do not compare in terms of quality, durability and longevity.
In our opinion, although both options are great, we do prefer Thermolaminated cabinetry in most cases, as they do not damage as easily and the colour doesn't fade like Two Pack does. The quality of the finished product is excellent and will last in any home for many years.

Julia Cherie
Julia Cherie

Has anyone installed their kitchen themselves and found lots of manufacturing mistakes?

Kitchens U Build   DM

Hi Julia, I hope a DIY customer provides you with feedback on your question. Even if you do DIY, we have installers that you can talk to if you find yourself in difficulty. We also provide a manual that gives your step by step instructions. We are more than happy to assist you along the way. Thanks

Julia
Julia

Has anyone had their kitchen from U build for a couple of years and could comment on wear and tear? Is your white turning yellow etc?

Kitchens U Build   DM

Hi Julia, Thank you for asking the question. Our doors are Australian made and UV protected, which means they wont turn yellow even if in direct sunlight. There is a 7 year warranty on the doors. Our drawer runners and door hinges (all soft close) are Hettich and come with a lifetime warranty. Our carcasses have 16mm backs, which makes them very sturdy. Doors from Overseas or 2 Pac are not UV protected and will go yellow over time. Hopefully one of our customers will also provide some feedback for you. Please feel free to drop by any of our showrooms to see the quality of our products.

Thanks Kitchens U Build

Julie
Julie

Hi Julia, I have had my kitchen for approx 7 years. I have white vinyl wrap draws (under bench), and there is no sign at all of yellowing. My overhead cupboards are a black stripe vinyl wrap. Very glossy finish. Everything wipes clean easily. I don't have kids, so can't comment there. It still looks like brand new, but I do take care of it. Everything is wearing well. KUB always gave me great service.

Julie :)