1.3

Denise

Abdullah
Abdullah

The worst app

I follow all the rules and not allowing me to pay new things what is this madness saying the I miss paying the purchase and not allowing me to do also 4 payments 1/10 this app was great at first but now it’s done I’m not using this app anymore
Carol B.
Carol B.

Used to love Klarna

I used Klarna to buy groceries at Woolies with preeze rather than have full amounts justified on my account, great while it worked, but no notification to say anything had changed, just declined, declined, declined. Not happy been using it for months!
Mon
Mon11 posts

Worst bnpl app ever

Completely useless to me compared to other bnpl apps it’s totally pointless getting something worse than afterpay/Humm
Jennifer
JenniferSouth Australia3 posts

Absolutely deceitful

Be very careful, my credit report had 3 enquires that I apparently made from this site. I DID NOT!
Random amounts also..... I have questioned Klarna and they are acting so dumb and asked if I applied for finance with them... I replied "Most definitely not!" Then they said oh "we dont do that anyway"
WTH
Something fraudulent is going on here and I feel its time the consumer watchdog got involved.‍
Tracy
TracySouth East Queensland, QLD

Geoffy
GeoffySydney, NSW

cannot verify your address

load of rubbish. why can't I use afterpay on Etsy after this crap experience!!?! 5 x can't verify load of crap
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
Missymoo
MissymooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC34 posts

Waste of time

I've been a customer with klarna for a while now made all my payments on time and also had their system stuff up my account at one stage. But I still supported and used them. Until I was declined today when I have no existing orders to pay. See ya klarna. Your a joke!
Shoaib C.
Shoaib C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute rubbish

Klarna is an absolute rubbish when it comes to bnpl, i did not realize that even after getting approved for the first time where they do a credit check which kinda effects your credit score in a negative way, every time you use there service to pay for stuff they redo a credit check again and again and before you know it, thwy have already screwed your credit ratings which takes years to build, this is an absoulte rubbish, i use zip and afterpay never had i have faced this kinda insanity.
JoshHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Natalie B.
Natalie B.Hunter Region, NSW

Card expires less than 2 months- decline!

Klarna apparently has this policy where if your card expires in less than two months, you cannot use Klarna. Reached out for an explanation and ‘your card needs to be valid for the life of the purchase’! It’s not the account that’s expiring it’s just the physical card! And the representatives never have any clue what they are talking about!
Brad R.
Brad R.3 posts

Disgusting

Absolutely disgusting, don't tell you what your purchasing limit is, then when you do get approved after trying to figure what amount, it crashes, and they've already taken the first payment from you which you haven't used. Even after cancelling the unused card. Customer service is clueless. Taking this up with my bank.
Kseniya
KseniyaCanberra 2600, ACT2 posts

My order was cancelled but I'm being charged

I made purchase on Bunnings website using one time Klarna card and it was cancelled immediately. There is no signs in Klarna app that my purchase was cancelled. They charged me and it’s been more than 7 days, no refund and no cancellation. They just closed my chat in the App without any reply, after phone call to Klarna they told me to wait. Terrible service.
Nina
NinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Got Declined for over spending

First time got declined for spending $300? I thought there’s NO limit on spending on your website? I wonder why there’s a lot of people give you a bad reviews!

Paul B.
Paul B.6 posts

terrible

tried to make a purchase and kept getting error to check my region used their chat to try and get problem solved get email 4 weeks later telling me they don't allow caravan parks but they had no problem with a previous purchase so they have started discriminating against people that live in caravan parks needless to say I deleted my account with them based on their discrimination
KingBrew
KingBrew10 posts

Purchase power unavailable is a scam

Lol they say purchase power (what they call your spending limit) “temporarily” unavailable cos they’re “updating” the feature but it’s been what, 4 or 5 months now? At least. CLEARLY something else is going on here and we’re being deceived. And if they can’t even be honest about such a simple thing then how can you trust them as a business. Updates take a few days or a few weeks at most not close to half a year. That’s straight up poppycock and they’re lying to us
northeast
northeastNew South Wales34 posts

Klarna doesn't work anymore

Lately Klarna declines every transaction attempt. Get the same pathetic response from Customer Service about their assessment process. Good companies keep Customers informed of changes, not Klarna. Something changed a few months ago to make it unuseable, don't bother trying Klarna its a pointless BNPL.
C C.
C C.Canberra Central 2601, ACT27 posts

James
James

Absolute dog crap

If I could I’d give you guys a 0… went stupid, trying to force people to go through their shops that they recently added. Was with them for years and never had a problem.
Allison Crichton
Allison CrichtonLaunceston, TAS

Disgusting customer service

Terrible customer service. Been over a month and still no resolution.
Mag S.
Mag S.

Pathetically slow and insincere customer service

Have an issue with my account, emailed Klarna Australia and Klarna America in regards to rectifying this on September 30th.
A customer service rep, Chitra Devi(Ohio) blatantly lied about my account not existing and gave me a crappy excuse about the delayed response.
Six days later and I’m still waiting on a follow up email.
Pathetic. This company doesn’t care about its customers.
Shop elsewhere.
Tony W.
Tony W.North Queensland, QLD4 posts

Very Disappointing

Started Apr 21.
Found difficult to use and stopped Aug 21
Perfect trading record with them.
Restarted September 22 and Spent $2820
Perfect early repayment record.
Owe $312.50 now first Due in November 9 in total. Wont approve Gift Cards now.
On Line chat says various reasons . But are Guessing.
Over limit. Ps They can't tell you your limit. I had $1025 at one stage.
Comes up Payment card not linked to you. Then over Limit. ?????
Hopeless. Different Reasons. Also linked to Flybuys and rewards of 4500 points not received. So frustrating.
Just Reviews
Just ReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Drastically messes with your credit score

Do not recommend at all . I don’t miss payments and always pay them on time but they still credit check me countless times on my credit history report every time I check they have added a new one to my report . It was great at the start as well was able to use for countdown etc etc now can’t even do that . I went to purchase something and got declined assuming it was too high when I’ve done payments for 4 x the amount . So now I can’t purchase higher priced items which is not of my doing as I pay on time and I had a balance of less that $200 owing when I tried to make another order .
Jman
JmanSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

I'd lind to give 5 star but it's to hit and miss

I have used klarna on many occasions over the past 12mths ni problem I had over $1300 in credit to use then for what ever reason that changed I havent been able to use it except I tried on august 16th to see and I got approved I paided it off early and them started to get declined again and haven't been able to use it since ,and chatting to customer service is a complete waste of time I have added 3 pictures of previous purchases as proof

Rebecca O.
Rebecca O.

Used to be so good

I used to love using Klarna because of the ability to buy anywhere and the card was generated instantly at times I actually used it to buy groceries at Coles and Woolworths. Now there seems to only be a handful of stores to use the service at in store. Used to be able to see the purchase power as well. I used to be able to spend over $1000. Since the change I tried to purchase something for $200 and it declined. I’ve deleted the app, seems pointless to me.
Dol
DolSydney, NSW9 posts

worse comes to worst

All nonsense and new invisible rules. Please don't bother repeating same sorry messages. This comes to my last message with Klarna. I just got a decline for a purchase because my card needs to have at lease two months left before expiry date. My bank usually send me a new card one month before. So I guess I just make all new purchases with Aterpay then. They don’t have all annoying rules. When they say what is the limit they mean it real. You can make as many orders as you want as long as it is within the limit (not just a silly 10-order limit). And they have more interesting rewards too. I am not coming back. Bye Klarna for good.
Monica R.
Monica R.

Waiting for my refund

Made a purchase returned it Nike refunded my money 8/23/22 of $175.00 I have yet to receive my money. About to open a dispute with my bank
Rayza V.
Rayza V.

Good concept but terrible delivery!

I placed an order and decided to play using Klarna. Although the process to qualify was pretty easy and quick, their customer service was not ideal. Part of my order was canceled by the merchant due to being backlogged. Yet a month later Klarna says they have yet to receive the refund. I have provided the dispute team with all the information I have and yet it is never enough.
KEB
KEB2 posts

Punished for Paying Balance in FULL

Paid off balance of 3K in full. About two weeks later, my ‘purchase power’ has been dropped to 1k. They claim to protect me from overspending. I think it’s to protect them from lost interest since I paid balance in full/all open accounts in one day. So, I’m punished for being responsible and not carrying debt. Okay.
Mel
Mel19 posts

Samuel
Samuel2 posts

Never had issues before now keep getting declined

I have used klarna for the last couple of years with no issues. Now suddenly I'm being knocked back after they updated the app? Very frustrating
Brendan
Brendan2 posts

If I could give it a negative zero I would

So this is klarna in Australia

Purchase power been gone for months these clowns probably have no clue how to bring it back highly unlikely it will cause they are so thick
Next they gotten rid of the following retailers in store
myer
Bunnings
Officeworks
jbhifi
Kmart
big w
Coles
Woolies some garbage about lending changes
No social media only some rubbish that catered towards Americans
Rewards program you need to spend 500 points but get the same flybuy points as before
They have offered nothing to Australian customers yet they think they will become more popular than Afterpay and zippay
do everyone a favour and leave Australia you offered nothing to anyone can’t wait for my copy and paste reply from the robots !!

Jamie B
Jamie B3 posts

Waste of time

Make a purchae and hope for the best.
I had a balance of $ 500.00 reduced it to $ 200.00. Go to make a $ 100.00 puchase and says over my spending limit. Speak to the arrogant staff and say try lowe amount / or try again in a few days. After multiple times trying still says over my spending limit. But what is your spending limit ? They can't tell you. They have Spending Power feature that doesn't work.
Seriously - give this service a miss !!
Meghann
MeghannIllawarra, NSW2 posts

I’d rate 0 if I could

No way of getting in touch with these people, claim to have online chat 24/7 or that you’re able to send a message but low and behold their live chat is down and no clue when or if it’ll be back up.
Just want my damn account closed and only way to do that is via their non existent customer service.

Ali_Kate
Ali_Kate3 posts

used to be great…now CACTUS

See below reviews. Will be closing account as completely useless now
EEm
EEm

Reviewer1989
Reviewer1989South East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Item never arrived

I ordered item 6th June from Titan active wear.
After 3rd Payment Item still had not arrived. I made a compliant following Klarna system and payment was stopped. I had to get in contact with the company. Only the contact of company was not available and was void. I also tried emailing and no response. Now is 10th August and the jacket I ordered for winter has not arrived. I told Klarna the matter was not resolved but they claimed matter had been resolved and that they had tried to
Reach me. This is not true. I Fully paid and no item has arrived. Upset. No winter jacket and winter almost over.