1.3

Reviewer1989South East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Josh
Josh

Item never arrived

I ordered item 6th June from Titan active wear.
After 3rd Payment Item still had not arrived. I made a compliant following Klarna system and payment was stopped. I had to get in contact with the company. Only the contact of company was not available and was void. I also tried emailing and no response. Now is 10th August and the jacket I ordered for winter has not arrived. I told Klarna the matter was not resolved but they claimed matter had been resolved and that they had tried to
Reach me. This is not true. I Fully paid and no item has arrived. Upset. No winter jacket and winter almost over.
Mel
Mel

Terrible company

I have always paid early and never been behind in a payment. Now all of a sudden I can't purchase anything through Klarna. One customer service member was lovely and said they had no idea why I wasn't being approved and said there is no reason for it happening. Another pretty much just couldn't be bothered and said you aren't able to do it. Really disappointing as there is no reason for me not being able to use this service all of a sudden. Very disappointing.
Garbage
Garbage3 posts

Nonsensical rubbish!

Have to agree with the previous reviewer. I find this absurd and embarrassing. It's like taking your luck on a spinning wheel anytime I try to use it! Obviously the Commonwealth Bank is sorry they got involved and are getting out of the scene.........
Logic
Logic

ACL
ACLSydney, NSW9 posts

Same issue as everyone else

Had a $2000 limit, and bought many high value items over the years. Never late with repayments - in fact, I would always pay 2 weeks early, as soon as payday hit.
Went to make a purchase today, was knocked back. That's never happened in my entire time of using Klarna. Contacted customer service, however they're useless. Can't see purchase power, can't make purchases. Welp, useless app. Useless customer service.
Jessica Mifsud
Jessica MifsudGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Money hungry

Never use klarna they just take money when there not supposed to. Customer service and useless and will not help. They basically steal your money and won’t return it. DONT TRUST THEM. They even threaten you to not email them.
Gabriella S.
Gabriella S.3 posts

Liars

Have been using klarna for a while paid off my payments before the due dates had over $1600 purchase power have been trying for 2 weeks to purchase a $40 gift card and they've declined me I paid off over $400 today and tried again and was declined and was told by them to keep paying then when I asked for the early payments to be refunded and my bank asked for them to put a pre authorisation request form in I was told someone would get back to me in 7+ days. Never again will i use klarna
Sioux
Sioux6 posts

Klarna

Don't use klarna I brought items and they took out 2 payments and was told could take up to 7 working days for my money to be refunded. Leaves me short to pay a bill. Never again il stick to afterpay
Angela J.
Angela J.2 posts

Reduced limit for no reason

I had a spending limit of $1200
When I went to use yesterday I was told I had exceeded my limit. I only owe $200
Customer support no help
Lar
Lar4 posts

Becarful when you cancel cards

I had to cancel 2 cards last months total of $135 should of been refunded. Klarna never did, they kept telling they have but they didn't they stole my money so just becarful cancelling cards you won't get you're money back. Show reply
Scott
Scott

No longer able to use

I’ve been using it since last year, but as of last month I am not able to make any purchases from any stores tried as small as $10 to see but nothing.

It says make sure you have paid existing orders, check the amount etc it’s just misleading to turn off the limit after I had $1700 available and always paid on time to now I can’t even put a $10 purchase through.

I’ve done maybe 70 purchases or so in the past 12 months and have paid them all back, going to close my account since it’s obvious to me that having it is useless now since the recent changes.

Wouldn’t recommend anyone use mainly because after looking into it, it has also affected my credit score some how even though I’ve paid everything.

Mandy C.
Mandy C.Far North Queensland, QLD

Same ⛵ as everyone else

Had an $1100 limit, as soon as the 'purchase power unavailable ' notice came up, I was unable to purchase a $17.00 watch band from eBay... The $17 purchase was a test to see if could purchase anything, and obviously it's was a NO!
Rang two customer service representatives, after speaking to the 'bots, only to be told by actual people, the same script, almost word for word; you need to pay off your account (✅) - at zero payments pending!!
Use an approved vendor (✅) - aahhh yea eBay!!
Try a smaller amount (✅) - can't get smaller than $17.00!!
Once I'd let them know this, they said they'd escalate the issue, only for me never to hear from anyone again...... Crickets still chirping.....
Chris
Chris2 posts

Total Scam Company

Had to sign up to buy a product I really wanted. Said OK. Total scam company with no customer response. E-mail and called. Waiting time is 13 minutes Over & over $ over $ over. I'm in the US but scam anyway you look at it.
Sonja
Sonja

Very Disappointing

I have used Klarma for about a year bad all off on time. But it won't allow me to use. Nothing has changed in my circumstances. So very disappointing. And tried to contact and they give no information.
Jay B.
Jay B.

No customer service

Like everyone else, been using it for two years now purchases of over a $1000 now can't get approval for $100, do not understand how it has change this much, customer service on the app and via email no help at all

Sinead T.
Sinead T.5 posts

A joke of a bnpl company

Nobody writes a good review don’t blame them this bnpl company is garbage like everyone had issues my credit is fine In fact it’s in the high 700 which is I can apply for credit cards zip pay no problem deal with these guys is seriously dealing with robots that just copy and paste replies without having the intelligence to actually help customers
What are they even doing in Australia even reading CBank articles they look like they about to dump this garbage company don’t bother replying robots not interested in your rubbish copy paste replies
Kenzie F.
Kenzie F.Southwest, VIC5 posts

Ess
Ess

Klarna is a Joke

I had $1300.00 purchase power and everything was paid on time. It went to zero and rep stated I needed to pay off my balance which was not even due for another week. I paid it and still can't use it. Never again will I deal with them. I have no balance and my purchase power has been zero since may
Natalie
Natalie2 posts

Can anyone acutally use klarna anymore??

I've seen so many reviews now about klarna not allowing people to use even though they have been using it for years and now they have been told they can't. I am one of those people. When will this be addressed klarna??? Shutting out the loyal customers who have shown repayments on time and spent lots through the app. I've tried your stores, other stores, different amounts, different products and still not able to use it. Why even have this time of system when no one can use it...!!! I spoke to someone who was not helpful at all saying its an automatic system decision.
Fathima
FathimaHobart, TAS2 posts

Nick M.
Nick M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Rubbish bnpl company

Rubbish company that copies and pastes reply that clearly don’t have the brains or the intelligence to actually help customers people in Australia stop using this company no pp power people can’t use it can’t wait for my bot reponse from a brain dead person
Marina
Marina
Nomii
NomiiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Buyer BEWARE!

I recently purchased from a online store who cancelled a luxury item from my order. Klarna expects me to pay for an unsent item because they can’t resolve it with the website. Disgusting customer service - basically said it’s my order / my problem?
Emma
Emma5 posts

Everything was working fine, I always paid on time/in advance and now I cannot use it at all

I’ve never missed a payment, always paid in advance but now I cannot use klarna? I guess payment loyalty means nothing to this company. I’ve had over 70 orders, always paid on time/in advance and now i am not even getting approved for a simple 50 dollar one time card. You’ve lost me as a customer.
Colin
Colin

Frustrating and just bad

I have great credit, great credit history, applying for a small loan to finance a quick purchase, it turned until a nightmare where I couldn't qualify and then when I called customer service I was in hold for an hour and fifteen minutes only to talk to a rep who did not know anything, just repeated scripts to me. Do not support this service.

EJH
EJHSydney, NSW50 posts

Can’t purchase anything anymore!

Klarna was my go to bnpl because of its flexibility to be able to be used almost anywhere. I don’t know what exactly has happened but all purchases big or small are being declined. Like many others I too had made many purchases previously and paid before due date or on time. So now I will be closing the account as it seems pointless
Lawrence R.
Lawrence R.South East Queensland, QLD

Once Upon A Time When Customers Were Once Happy

After paying early for all my items and having the spending power removed. I find the customer service team hopeless in trying to resolve issues shopping and creating a card to spend. I have now switched to Humm and openpay. Klarna obviously doesn't need customers because reading all these comments below people have the same problem as me
Liam C.
Liam C.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Used to be an extremely happy customer, until they updated their lending policy

I used Klarna often for about 6 months and loved it. The app was so easy to use and extremely user friendly. All was well and I was an happy camper.
That is until, one day they updated their lending policy and they removed the purchase power function on the app. It’s now been a month, and I cannot make any purchases despite having over 100 successful paid orders. Absolute nightmare. I’ve reached out to customer service multiple times and I’m met with the same old story. “We an currently reviewing purchase power etc. blah blah blah”
As you can see, there’s a huge influx of negative reviews from customers because of this change. yet they still have not listened.
Thetruthwillprevail
ThetruthwillprevailSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Klarna has stolen my money!

I use to love klarna but then I noticed that I was not being refunded in full, I opened a case which was "escelated" they still haven't fixed and the specialist wont reply, now theyve restricted my account i cannot purchase anything yet i had a 3k purchase limit until bringing to their attention....
then yesterday they stole $162.51 from my account off a card that was closed almost 3 weeks ago! I contacted their chat and she confirmed there is no order attached! I am currently going threw my accounts both bank and klarna and will be going to the financial ombudsman!
AM SO ANGRY!!
Melissa
Melissa3 posts

Extensive Update

I have used klarna for many purchases, and my purchase power was over $1500, now I cant get even $ 100 despite having all payments made on time. This story about an extensive update, it's been almost 2 months now. Some honesty is needed by Klarna quicksmart! Is it not more likely that Klarna is in trouble, laying off 10 % of its staff due to the market struggling with inflation.
Michael Lamont
Michael LamontChifley 2606, ACT7 posts

A total waste of time - avoid them at all cost - they negatively impact on your credit score

I used Klarna for a few purchases and paid them all off in full before the due date. Tried to purchase today for $300 (well below what my so called purchase power was) declined! I contacted support and closed my account. While I get they the are responsible lenders - you have all seen that stupid message that gets posted when someone gets declined about being a responsible lender blah blah blah - they adversely affect your credit score as they do a credit check every single time - regardless of whether you proceed with the order or not so ultimately they will reduce your credit score. I will stick with Afterpay and Humm - never an issue. Klarna is a joke - avoid them.
Amber j.
Amber j.2 posts

Can’t make purchases??

I had no issue with it previously! I have a good credit score as well and pay of every order on time yet now I can’t make a one time card at all! I was able to make $1000 and now I can’t even make $20. I keep getting the same message about them being being responsible lenders but everything firm my side is fine. Seems everyone is having the same issue!!

Not happy!!

silvie888
silvie888Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

Wish I'd read the reviews and stayed away - shocking return process

Items returned, acknowledged by seller as received and returned...but waiting for ever to get my money back from Klarna. Consumer Affairs next stop. Worst BNPL do not recommend at all.
Yumnah
YumnahPerth, WA

Purchase power

Wow I had purchase power of close to $2000. I paid my repayments before due date , I was never late with payments and there was no decline repayments . I been with the for so long and now all of a sudden can’t purchase anything. You just lost a loyal customer . Not interested in your vomit abt responsible lending etc…. I paid my bills on time. No indication that they declined my account . Not coming back here..
Not happy
Not happyHobart, TAS

Try getting your refund back. No one can give an answer to me!

Item returned but Klarna only refunded one of the 3 payments I had made and now I'm spending way too much time having to chase the rest up and no one has the authority to make a decision to refund what I'm owed. Told to wait 7 more days then contact again.

Keel
Keel

Would not recommend

Was able to purchase up $900 now can’t purchase anything and they keep saying there isn’t anything they can do. Would not recommend Klarna!
And they can not tell me why.
Ellecia A.
Ellecia A.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Pamela G.
Pamela G.

No refunds

I had tried repeatedly to contact the Customer Service via app. I have not received my refunds since 29 April. It is not right. I have tried contacting Customer Service but yet no reply.
Chrissy C.
Chrissy C.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome app

Don't know why their are so many bad reviews, I use klarna almost every week, and never have a problem. Klarna by far is the best out of all the buy now pay later apps. You can use it almost everywhere. Great app, highly recommend!!!! Show reply