1.3

6% · 12201 · 93%

Julie
Julie13 posts

No transparency

This company is not transparent. At the start I had spending power amount which was great and it was over $1000 however No spending power has been available for months and all of a sudden my purchases are not approved. This company can't tell you why and from my side nothing has changed all payment made on time or early. Stick with the other BNPL where you know what you can spend and it only reduces if you miss making payments. I only went with Klarna as you have to option to extend time to pay which give you 5 fortnight's.
Rita M.
Rita M.

Refund Stolen

The fact is they don't refund your money. They make excuses. They steal your money. They are the worst BNPL ever. Customer service is shocking. Don't ever use this app
Tco
TcoPerth, WA

My money got taken out before actual checkout!

Same thing happened with me (with Thalia T.) before I could checkout of the site all of a sudden I was back on the homepage and when I checked my bank I got my money taken out straight away!! Definitely not happy and would not recommend!
herlinc69
herlinc69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC35 posts

Be Warned they do credit checks and it can ruin your credit score

I used Klrna once and liked the product and the selection of retailers but its confusing when they say we only one credit check when you use klarna for the first time for every 12 months and then it says ww will conduct a credit check on every purchase. Its very misleading. I will not use the service. Afterpay is the best Buy Now Pay Later!!!!!
james j.
james j.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deceptive credit checj

To me this seems to be deceptive and everyone should make a complaint to AFCA, the statement is not honest and rather confusing regarding a credit check. Quite clearly it should state ‘it does credit checks once you make a purchase’ - but instead see what it states below in photo is 2 things.
AFCA charges $300 every enquiry regarding a complaint to the financial institution and the bank will not want that unnecessary charge.
Former Customer
Former Customer3 posts

Point expiry

My points expired a few days ago and there was notification. Klarna refused to restore the points. With such unhelpful support and a complete lack of customer service, I will never use them again
Greg B.
Greg B.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Poor Transparency, Lies about hard credit checks

They state that they will not conduct a hard credit check, they did multiples for very small amounts. I wish I never used them. There should be a class action!
Thalia T.
Thalia T.Sydney, NSW

Money Taken out before purchase!!!

First purchase ok until I made a card and it took out the first payment without me even having have purchased anything. I was shopping adding things to my cart when the website was unavailable!!! Multiple attempts to refresh and still not working. I cancelled the card but was still CHARGED!! Not happy
PDB
PDBCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC24 posts

Disappointed
DisappointedSydney, NSW3 posts

Rob
Rob

GAP D.
GAP D.Sydney, NSW10 posts

Worst despicable lender ever! Do not use them ever! Warning!

Worst despicable lender ever! I have had no issues with any of my credit cards over the years but since 2018, these people have ruined my credit rating due to their lack of communication with me! 0 rating would be best for this mob! Do not use them ever! Warning!
Niki G
Niki GIndooroopilly4 posts

Would advise to avoid

Klarna are definitely diseptive when saying they conduct a soft credit check, they actually call it a 'semi hard credit check' which is laughable and was told to me by a klarna customer service agent.
NMFC90
NMFC905 posts

Not bad but have 1 problem

I have used Klarna for 9 months. Credit limit is over $1200 but they expect you to repay it over 4 fortnight's. Surely with higher amounts they can give longer like open pay. If they can do that then 5 stars
Sam
SamSydney, NSW4 posts

Avoid this company - they cheats

Klarna performed a credit check without informing me, despite I did not allow them to do so. That's a clear case of cheating. Stay away - Afterpay is definitely much better option.
Abdul
AbdulSydney, NSW11 posts

Worst Platform for buy now and pay later

Guys, never sign up for this company ever.

- They will damage your credit rating even just for 500$.
- Worst customer support.
- In case of refund of orders you will get your money after 2-3 months.

No defined limit for buying anything, even 50$ purchase will be rejected.

Go for Zip Pay and Afterpay best in all perspectives.

PC
PCSydney33 posts

Misleading promotion, rude customer service

App confirms I was awarded Flybuys points. When I contacted CS to ask why I never got them, a rude, misinformed CS agent refused to answer simple questions and left the chat.
Klarna   DM

Hi there! Thank you for leaving this feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience, therefore, our specialist team would be happy to assist you further with your query. Please email hello@klarna.com.au. Have a great weekend!

hectoras
hectoras5 posts

ruin your credit file

Klarna performed a credit check and listed an enquiry on my credit report on a $110 instore purchase i was planning to make instore with H&M, that in the end i didnt even submit to buy. I preferred to pay by cash instore instead. Ive spent more money on Chinese takeaway and they perform a credit check for $110? lol seriously useless company. I closed my account straight away and made an official complaint to AFCA!! make sure you do as well if it happens to you. After they received my complaint from AFCA, Klarna withdrew the credit enquiry they made on my credit report out of 'good will'. Stay away from this company they will ruin your credit history. By the way, the girl who worked at H&M didnt even know who Klarna was lol
Sam
Sam6 posts

HORRIBLE DON'T USE

They take you to collections if your payment is missed! Please don't download this app!! Stick to AfterPay!
The person I spoke to (agent) was horrible to deal with, she kept repeating herself since she didn't know how to resolve my problem.
Seems like they don't care at all!
Reece
Reece11 posts

Shivah
ShivahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Ruin your credit score

Like several other users have stated they perform a HARD credit check not soft as they argue. This had an immediate negative effect on my credit score due to the type of organisation they are. Don’t waste your time calling them either they just lie like in so many of their responses I’ve read to other people. I’ve tried to have it removed as they have falsely advertised not performing credit checks. They credit bureau would not take it off so now I’m waiting 5 years. There are far better buy now pay later organisations out there to use, Afterpay, Humm, Zippay, PayPal pay in four the list goes on.
Klarna   DM

Hi Shivah! Our credit checks are visible on a credit report but do not directly affect your credit score. If you would like some further assistance, please feel free to reach out to hello@klarna.com.au. Have a great day!

Lisa A.
Lisa A.

Nope too risky

I just tried this for the first time today. I thought I'd test it out with a small purchase. I got my card, went to check out but got a message that there was a problem with the card and to 'check with issuer'. Klarna still took the first payment out if my account though. I cancelled the card and they assure me that my money will be returned (we will see...) but it's absolute nonsense to take my money when no purchase was made! Imagine how much they would have taken if I'd done a major purchase!
Aisha L.
Aisha L.

Horrible and dishonest and Scam!!! Don’t ever use them. You’re better off with Afterpay

While signing up, they clearly stated that it won’t show on your credit report but shortly after, I got a notification that something had changed on my credit report. I immediately paid off the money and asked them to remove my account and remove from my credit enquiry but they were so arrogant and couldn’t care at all how I was affected by their dishonesty. Run away from them, they are the worst and I will always regret signing up to this Scam of a brand and I’ll tell anyone and everyone ready to listen. They are a big scam!
Ali
AliIllawarra, NSW12 posts

Refund not processed

1st purchase through H&M returned & refund email from Klarna received quickly. Thought this is good but sadly no refund received. Chased up Klarna and advised will be processed. Waited still no refund so chased up Klarna again. Same automated email response and promise again. App still says I haven't made any returns so think I will be chasing them again. Will be sticking with afterpay in future.
Klarna   DM

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear about this experience as this is definitely not our intent. Please feel free to email hello@klarna.com.au so that we can investigate this matter further. Have a nice weekend!

Fem Z.
Fem Z.

It affects credit ratings

I decided to just have a look at the app. The next thing I notice is an enquiry submitted on my credit.

It clearly states on the app that it won’t affect your credit. BUT that’s a lie

It actually does

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

worst of all

worst of all buy now pay later services, app is very complicated to use, customer service is terrible and the agents do not have proper knowledge, Overall the worst experience.
Klarna   DM

Hi Dave! Thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry that you feel this way and hope that we can assist you further. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly at hello@klarna.com.au and we would be more than happy to help. Have a great day!

Glen
GlenSydney, NSW11 posts
Mel P.
Mel P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Crap customer service

Tried to use Klarna to make a $94 purchase, but it says you can’t use Klarna for this purchase,have money to cover the payments in my account, a good credit
Stephanie
Stephanie

Waited for months for my refund, still have received it and no communication

Absolute word experience. I returned a product for a refund, waiting over 4 weeks for this and am still chasing them (about 2 months later) for my refund. All ive been told is there was a technical glitch and to wait. Worst customer experience i have received, i will never use them again. Should have stuck with afterpay.
michiel overweel
michiel overweel3 posts

Ari F.
Ari F.South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Easy to use and so convenient

I use klarna ALOT - more than any other BNPL provider out there, it's great - the one time cards are a god send - customer service have been great and helpful when i have had to contact them Show reply
Terry
TerryPeel, WA5 posts

Worst experience

Regardless of how many ID verifications I do via phone and chat, I still cannot use the site to pay for a purchase. 3 phone calls, 4 chats, 2 emails and still cannot use Klarna to purchase. The last chat, I was told someone would contact me in 1-2 days!!!!!!!! Nothing!! I give up. H&M needs to offer another purchase site as I am sure they are losing sale opportunities due to the inefficiency of KLARNA.
Klarna   DM

Hi Terry! Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with Klarna hasn't been as expected. You are always welcome to reach out to our customer service team, who will be able to explain your query further. Have a lovely day!

Brandon W.
Brandon W.2 posts

Absolute rubbish service, long refund times

I had a one time card, wasn't able to be used for my purchase so I cancelled. A week later still waiting for the refund. My bank has said nothing's been sent to them about a refund or cancel on the charge. Despite Klarna insisting it was done immediately.
Klarna   DM

Hi Brandon! We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that your experience with Klarna hasn't been as expected. Please reach out to our customer service team, who will be able to explain your query further. Have a lovely day!

Dave a
Dave a27 posts

Stole my money and never delivered

These guys are outright crooks. Don't use them they will just take your money and they don't care at all. Thet just fob you off as far as possible. Avoid them
Klarna   DM

Hi Dave! Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you haven't had the experience as intended. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Have a nice weekend.

Jono
JonoSydney, NSW

Klarna   DM

Hi Jono! This doesn't sound right, we're sorry that this has happened. Please reach out to our customer service team at hello@klarna.com.au so that we can further investigate.

Reviewer_J
Reviewer_JAU10 posts

Just use afterpay - not worth the negative impact on your credit score

Why would anyone opt to use this service when every time you do it adds an enquiry to your credit record. The app is horrible, it's barely used anywhere and the reviews here speak for themselves. Don't waste your time, go for ANY of the others like Afterpay who is probably as good as BNPL services go.
Klarna   DM

Hi there! We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. You are always welcome to reach out to our Customer Service team who will be able to explain your query further. Have a great weekend! /Juliet

Claire
ClaireGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Very suspicious

Klarna did not allowed me to purchase "due to [my] credit history". I called up illion about the credit check they confirmed that my credit record was excellent. I then contacted Klarna and received a standard reply "We assess each individual purchase attempt on its own merits..."

I suspect Klarna is just using this trick to limit the number of consumers who could benefit from the deal and the purpose of the deal is to help them to obtain consumers' information. I am very concerned now that i have revealed all my personal information to them. Will definitely make a complaint to Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Klarna   DM

Hi Claire! We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that your experience with Klarna was less than expected. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team who will be able to explain your query further. Have a great weekend! /Juliet

Marc T.
Marc T.7 posts

Couldn’t live with out it

Dunno why the other comments are so bad. I have equifax credit monitoring and I have not had one single credit check yet. And done over 29 purchases. You guys are the best. Saved me when I I’ve been in a tough spot! Thankyou Klarna Show 2 replies
Sean O.
Sean O.South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Horrible Experience

DO NOT USE THEM!!! Worst experience. Cancelled orders, error on payments and then charge you extra fees . Now reading other reviews find out that do credit checks every 60 days? Customer service is absolute joke. Cannot believe Commbank works with them.
Peter M.
Peter M.Sydney, NSW7 posts

It will do damage to your credit file

In Australia they do credit checks every 60 days which affects your credit score. Why Klarna needs to do credit checks so often is elementary. Zip and Afterpay are so much better. I was glad to close the Klarna account today. Good luck to the CBA and Klarna partnership.
Klarna   DM

Hi Peter! We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that your experience with Klarna hasn't been as expected. You are always welcome to reach out to our customer service team who will be able to explain your query further. Have a lovely day! /Juliet