2Kleva Range

Kleva Range Questions & Answers (page 5)

Verifiedklevarange.com.au
P E W
P E W

Sum time ago I purchased 2 Kleva sharp duos and a Kleva cut master series knife. On sharping the knife the other day I noticed the blade had chips along it. Is it covered by warranty. My name is Paul West 10 Monterey Ave Macquarie Hills 2285 . Looking forward for a reply

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Paul, Apologies for the delayed response.
Yes, all of our Kleva Cut Master Series Knives are covered under a 10 year warranty.

We will be in contact with you today to organise a replacement knife.

slugga
slugga

am i doing something wrong or doesnt it slice tomatoes mine turned into mush

Kathy
Kathy

Hi Slugga, the blades aren't sharp enough to slice tomatoes. The Sumo Slicer is useless as is the customer service. I sliced potatoes and they came out wafer thin. I had to chuck them out along with the Sumo Slicer!

Kleva Range   DM

Hi There, Unfortunately the Kleva Sumo Slicer is not designed to slice tomatoes as they are too soft.

The slicer blade is great for a range of fruit and veg such as potatoes, cheese, onions, zucchini and many more. Please refer to the food guide included with the instruction manual, which outlines the different foods each blade is designed for.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly customer service team if you have any other enquiries at enquiries@klevarange.com.au or 02 9387 4100.

Angela B.
Angela B.

Has anyone used the iron as yet?

Kimedw

I'm trying to order the sumo slicer but the payment won't go through because it won't accept my mobile phone number - says it is not valid

Angela BJ

If I were you I would take this as a sign you are not meant to buy this product. Having read through almost all the reviews, way more than 50% of them are negative. In fact A LOT MORE than 50%! Do you really want to go through all that hassle to have a product that doesn't work, and even when it does only works when you use cheese, carrots zucchini, onions, cauliflower and biscuits. That's a very restricted list of things it is actually able to grate.

Do you have a spare $70 to throw away? If so it sounds like you might as well just take it and throw it directly in the bin and save yourself the time and effort of buying this item.

Mind you, I'm not saying never buy anything from this Kleva Range. It's knives are apparently pretty good.

But, the sumo grater not so good. When you see them on TV,, they don't reuse the same one over and over. They use a new one for each item. Given the reviews, it sounds very likely they are especially sharpened. Think about whether you really want to invent the wheel again or if you are going to pay attention to all those who have left negative reviews. Not just for what it won't grate but for safety reasons as well. If it grates the plastic into your food,, that's a health hazard. If it won't empty of liquid, that too is a health hazard. It can grow all sorts of bacteria that may end up causing you to get sick not to mention mould which we all know can make you really sick. So, I'm suggesting, since you're having problems with your card, sit and think about it for a moment before pushing ahead. Cheers and have a lovely day.

Kimedw

Thanks!! Before seeing your message, I did buy one. It's good but leaves bits around the blade that don't get through and it's certainly not without mess or cleaning. I do like it and use it but only if I'm grating multiple things. For one thing, like cheese, I just use my old grater cause it's quick and easier to clean.

Angela BJ

Kimedw, no worries. I'm curious, have you found your's is able to grate lots of different items, like nuts, potatoes, etc or is it limited in what it can easily grate and did it turn lots of things into moosh? Also, in the end is it easier and quicker to use and clean than a normal grater? I'd really appreciate your view because I was going to buy one but haven't because the reviews were overwhelmingly bad. Cheers, Angela

Kimedw

Hi Angela, Yes, it can grate a lot of things just as a normal grater can. The blades are the same, you just don't have to risk grating your knuckles like on the normal graters. And I find it's good for garlic. But if I'm only cutting up a couple of cloves of garlic and nothing else for that meal, I would do it by hand because some flat parts get left on the outside of the grating cylinder (in between the cylinder blades and the plastic) and don't end up grating - same with all vegetables really - and it's not worth the washing up for just one thing. But this is not a deterrent if you want to grate a few different things in the one meal - then I think it's useful, fast and worth the cleaning (which is not really much).

I don't find any water gets caught inside when washing because there is a little part that clicks off to let the water out. The only cleaning parts are the grating metal cylinder itself (always annoying no matter what grater you use), the plastic that it goes into (not difficult just an awkward shape) and the plastic top that you use to push down on the food while you're grating (easy to clean or rinse).

I do think it's a great device, just realise it is not magical or anything new to technology - it is just a grater that is easy, safer on knuckles and at times more efficient to use. Don't throw away your old, hand one but use it as something extra for times when it will be helpful. :)

Anne Wynyard

Why is the government not stepping in to prevent this product being sold and people being ripped off?
There are too many bad reviews outweighing the good reviews. What is going on?

LynG

Why would the Government need to step in when this is a good product. My friend and I both have one and we both think it is awesome.

Lucky you!

Larry Dewitt
Larry Dewitt

I have seen many people on You Tube, reviewing products, using them incorrectly and then giving them a two thumbs down. The Sumo Slicer is based on the old "Mouli Grater" which guess what?... some people loved and some people didn't. The Sumo Slicer is well made, and the suction does stick well on any smooth hard surface. If you don't press firmly down while turning the dial it wont stick for long. Understanding the principle of suction helps. Also, onions grow in layers, so if you put it in the wrong way, you won't be happy with the results. I recommend starting with carrots, zucchini and cheese and work your way up through the others. It is also like a golf swing, when turning the crank. Follow through with the rotation. I see people on You Tube "jerking" the handle and pressing down to hard with the food item, impeding the rotation. The "feeder" fits in only one way, and I see so many people using it backwards. Nobody reads directions. : ) Also using the right blade for the right food item. Great item and for those that can't get it to work, please do not say you "threw it in the garbage", give it to a friend who just may love it. It seems in this day and age, people require instant results and instant responses or they flip. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

sue
sue

I can't separate the top from the base and the part that makes the suction work won't move either way.

LynG

To separate top from base. From the front put your hand in the cylinder shape and place other hand at the back and it should just push out.
The ridged section in the middle should turn clockwise to make the suction work and turning anti clockwise should loosen it

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Sue, Thank you for your review we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some trouble with your sumo slicer. Please get in contact with us on 02 9387 4100 and we will be happy to help talk you through the separation process of the sumo slicer.

Have a lovely day.

Kind regards,

Judith M.
Judith M.

The base of the sumo slicer will not unlock

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Judith, Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties with your sumo base. Please note there is a tutorial video on our website to advise the best practice for using the Sumo Slicer and if you skip to around 43 seconds into the video you will see the best ways for the locking and unlocking of the sumo base:
external link .

Please do not hesitate to contact us further on 02 9387 4100 or enquiries@klevarange.com.au if you have any further question.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,

TonyR

Is the hopper on the sumoslicer supposed to be removable?

Kerry A
Kerry A

Yes, it all comes apart. The clear plastic hopper can only be released when the dial for the suction is in the unlocked position. Then it will slide out for cleaning.
The separate pieces are: suction base, clear plastic hopper, white hopper insert (for pushing veg down without grinding your fingers), white plastic grinding handle & grinding, slicing & grating drums.

Thanks for that!

Isla shelton

What steps to take to return my sumo slicer, base won’t work, can’t use when it is moving around

Isla shelton

Need details to return sumo slicer

Kleva Range   DM

HI Isla, Thank you for your question, please can you email enquiries@klevarange.com.au and our friendly customer service team will assist with your return enquiry.
have a great day,
The Kleva Team

eldridge
eldridge

Why so many poor reviews for the iron.

Jeff
Jeff

I'm not sure about anyone else but mine had an internal short after only a few weeks of use rendering it unusable i.e. it stopped working. I was able to get a refund/replacement (I opted for refund).

Kath W.
Kath W.

I was given a Kleva range sumo slicer and can't work out how to clean the main body of the machine.

Kleva Range   DM

HI Kath, The main body off the Sumo Slicer can we wiped clean with a hot soapy cloth.
Many Thanks
the Kleva Team

Annie

Still havnt answered my question yet about coleslaw.

Pat
Pat

Can you use spray on starch with iron

Annie

Will it slice cabbage for coleslaw? How much is postage?

I havnt bought one yet.

Prem

I did not slice them I sliced capsicum and brinjal. They were smashed rather than slicing. Reason Is that the blades are blunt. Only hard items like carrot can be sliced

Disgusted
Disgusted

I sliced my cabbage for coleslaw no problems.

Charlie
Charlie

I would like to know when is my order going to be delivered. My wife and I are seniors, it might not reach us alive. Our order number is#KR92548. It’s making us think not a good idea to order on line. Charlie

Kleva Range   DM

Good Morning, I'm extremely sorry you have not yet received your order. We had a delay in shipment and we had a team working through customers to advise of the delay, I apologise if you haven't yet been contacted. We advise from today's date around 14-20 days and I apologise again for the delay. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your item when you receive this. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Kleva Range Team

Georgia
Georgia

Ironfast, is it really what they advertise?

Sam
Sam

What is the price of a klevarange iron?

Joe B
Joe B

$199 on it's own, or $149 with a "free gift". No, it's not a misprint.

Get an answer from our members and Kleva Range representatives