2Kleva Sumo Slicer

Kleva Sumo Slicer Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:KSUMOS03
Margaret C.
Margaret C.

I have lost my instruction sheet so would like yo know how do I separate main body from the white sucker end for washing, or does it not separate ?

Di

Yes it seperates, you need yo turn the base to the unlock positin as when you turn it it sticks to the bench top but also locks in the top part. Hope this helps

Deb
Deb

i have the same problem, it is really hard to get off for cleaning, even after i have released the suction.

goose
goose

Where is it made?

CHINA of course

Jaclyn

It's a sad fact atm that most products are made in China until manufacturing goes back to the original countries. Having said that, you'll miss out on a great slicer!

Betty
Betty

How do I chop dates with my sumoslicer

Not recommended.
First they must be de-pipped and whilst doing this it is easier to chop with a small sharp knife.

Mechanical A.
Mechanical A.

Good day, are you able to cut tomatoes with this ?

crowmountain

Not Recommended. Easier to chop with a sharp Knife. Soft fruits tend to clog the blades

barbdegraaf
barbdegraaf

I have not tried but agree with crowmountain. too soft. unless you want to use the tomatoes in cooking.

Denise D.

How do I slide slicer to the base

Simple answer read the instruction Book. Operation then becomes very simple

Junk

Not so!

Denise D.

How do I put it together

Lorna
Lorna

Sorry Denise, I have a Borner V Slicer and still pondering, if I will buy the Kleva Sumo Slicer. My Borner can do everything and do not want to get rid of it, as there is still a lot of years left - still very sharp and still looks quite new. Maybe, one day, I will get one. Cheers.

Simple answer read the instruction Book. Operation then becomes very simple

Rae

Rude don't ask any questions read your instructions

Gloria B.
Gloria B.

I have purchased a Sumo Slicer and I can't secure on my bench, it just doesn't lock.I have slightly moist the surface and still no success.

Ronald Moore
Ronald Moore

Hello Gloria ! I have not had that problem with my slicer or any other problem for that matter.Make sure your bench is flat and clean and dry.When you turn the locking mechanism clockwise to lock it to your bench apply some pressure to the slicer so that it sits firmly on the bench as you turn the locking mechanism.It is important that the rubber seal is clean and dry also to allow the ' suction' to work.You may need to clean your seal with something like vinegar if it has a film on it which is stopping the suction from working.My slicer attaches very strongly to my bench and has not failed once.Good luck, remember it is important everything is clean just as in attaching a GPS to a car windscreen.Hope my comments help - Ronald Moore.

Paul
Paul

If you use vinegar, use that protectant for car rubber and vinyl, otherwise the seal will perish.
Make sure there isn't a thin plastic suction cup protector covering the suction cup on the base

crowmountain

your bench top must be absolutely smooth.

Dorothy H.
Dorothy H.

How much

$70 for 2 share with a friend

Lesley S.

Also, someone said there is a 'Manual Sheet' - none in the one I bought.... ?
Do you have it online?

Matt

Mine did but it was of no use, the product itself was useless, I chucked everything out, do the same, cut your losses and move on... sorry I don’t have a more positive answer

Di

You dont need a manual to use this product

Lesley S.

how do you grate onions? I can slice them, but neither grater actually grates onions....

Di

Maybe older onions as these dont grate as wellI I found

Lesley S.

thank you for the reply but I didn't say they were old onions............ I wouldn't eat old onions

Diane
Diane

Just received it and cannot get it to adhere to the bench. What is wrong?

Pat
Pat

I found that if you very slightly dampened the surface where you want it to stick it would adhere well.

Matt

That’s because they are rubbish, wait till you use it, then you’ll have something to whinge about LOL

Stuart Bates
Stuart Bates

Matt, whineing is not enough. Please say what you think or know to be the problems.

Then an informed decision can be made

Great product I believe

Jillw

I bought the slicer and grater in australia, the customs took away the graters at perth airport, is there a way to get new graters?

Kleva Range   DM

Sorry to hear your Sumo Slicer drums were confiscated at the airport. We do offer a complete pack of all 3 of the replacement drums for $12.95, these can be purchased here: external link

Jillw

Will you deliver to Spain and if so how much will the postage be?

Kleva Range   DM

Unfortunately we only deliver to Australia and New Zealand, however we are happy to assist you in purchasing replacement blades if you are able to organise your own delivery to Spain.

Tracey D.
Tracey D.

How do you spralize????

Cherryl T.
Cherryl T.

How do I fit the handle on

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Cherryl, The handle of the Sumo Slicer screws directly into the back of the clear hopper. Please give us a call on 02 9387 4100 or email enquiries@klevarange.com.au and we will be happy to assist you with this further!

Thank you.

Paul J

We cannot get the sumo slicer to stick to our lame ex bench top which makes a two person job all of a sudden, I have read a few other comments with the same problem and then some saying it works fine

happy customer

Leave the top off and make sure the arrows are not aligned. With little pressure then lock the arrows together, going from right to left.
Put top part on after it has adhered.
Hope this helps.

happy customer

PS - make sure the bench top is clean and dry.

Paul J

That was the first thing we tried

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Paul, Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your Sumo Base.

Please could you give us an email at csmanager@klevarange.com.au and we will be happy to assist you and provide a replacement if required.

Thanks Paul.

tamsicle
tamsicle

Get a glass chopping board to place it on. Not a perfect solution but something.

Di

You cant add the top after sticking it to the bench...

Karen F.
Karen F.

How do I make zucchini noodles woth the Sumo slicer

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Karen, Unfortunately the Kleva Sumo Slicer is not designed to spiralize vegetables, it can however create short zucchini pasta style pieces which can be created using the coarse grater drum.

Teresa

How do I order this? I bought one at the Royal winter fair and am happy with it and would like to purchase for family.

Pyrmont Customer
Pyrmont Customer

Gordon Howard

We bought ours from a TV add in Sydney.

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Teresa, We are really glad that you are enjoying your Kleva Sumo Slicer, you can purchase them at klevarange.com.au. We have a few different specials available, with a range of free gifts for you to choose from.

Teresa

Thank you all for your answers. I broke down and ordered them through amazon.

Wally Atkins
Wally Atkins

How does the sumo slicer slice onions. All I seem to be able to do is shred it.

Gordon Howard

I have had no success with onions at all.

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Wally, Thanks for your question.

The slicer blade works best on hard fruit or vegetables, a hack we have found to easily slice onions is to place them in the freezer or cool section of the fridge for an hour beforehand. This should ensure the onions are cleanly sliced without any difficulty.

Please let us know how you go with it!

Ness R
Ness R

Hi. Is there a way to get the slicer attachment to slice thicker. I have tried it with cucumber, zucchini & potatos & they all come out as thin as tissues. Very frustrating.

Catherine
Catherine

I don't know. Mine come out fine.

Rayo
Rayo

How get the base to stick to surface keeps coming unstuck and hard to use, but very happy with results
just will not stay put

Rainy
Rainy

I had to contact them they sent out a new one, this ones perfect
Cheers

Michael B.
Michael B.

How to get sumo slicer to stick to bench?

Chezza M.
Chezza M.

My experience, it won't. as others have commented.

It definitely does