2Kleva Sumo Slicer

Kleva Sumo Slicer Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:KSUMOS03
Dees

Cannot get the "sliding" hopper off but was easy to click in ??
Can somebody help.
It does not slide off by unlocking base and using thumbs as suggested by Lucy J. (Kleva Range)

Chezza M.

My experience? "bang" it off! and just hope it doesn't break in time! For this and other reasons, I returned mine for a full refund

southernfoodluva

I guess it's possible it's a faulty unit, (which you surely should be able to get replaced - consumer rights etc), but if you take the handle off, and shift the locking device to "unlock" it definitely should come off.
Have you looked at the Sumo Slicer online tutorials on the klevarange website? James covers a lot of the problems people may have. I gather you have already spoken to somebody at Kleva?

Disappointed purchase

How do I get the plastic sliding top piece to slide off when finished The base released from bench now i can’t get top piece off

Kleva Range   DM

Dear Customer, Thank you for your enquiry. If the base is unlocked you can normally take the hopper off just pushing with your thumbs.

Please give us a call at your earliest convenience in order to get this sorted for you. We can be contacted on 029387 4100.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

I wish you a lovely weekend!

Kind regards,

Caz

Disappointed purchase

Many thanks Iwill call you .Just to give you a heads up The wheel that locks and unlocks won’t budge I think the plastic sleeve is stopping it ?

Chezza M.

@Lucy from Kleva ............It does not just push off easily using thumbs - you have to literally bang it off and hope that in time, this action does not break the product.

Mike V.
Mike V.

Hi, please explain how to slice an onion without getting mush? The tv add looks good but the brochure isn't very explicit. Most reviews seem to have the same problem.
Thanks,
Mike Verrinder

Chezza M.

@Mike ......... I had the same experience. About the only veg I was somewhat successful with was carrots. Onions did not slice or grate, as you said just went to 'mush'. I returned my purchase for a full refund.

Jo V.
Jo V.

Is there some trick to getting this to stick on a perfectly smooth surface (Silestone)??? Appears to be stuck in place but the first turn of the handle and the suction ceases! Soooooooooooo frustrating.

Rainy

Hi, I have the same issue, we tried many times and does not stay down.I will be returning mine and requesting a refund
Cheers

Chezza M.

Hi Jo V. As Rainy said, "no go". I also returned my purchase for a full refund. Gripping to a surface was "not" my only issue. Good luck.

Rainy

I contacted the supplier they sent 2 new bases and these are sticking to surface, thank you for addressing my issue

I have yet to use them yet just making sure they stay put..
Cheers

Gibi R.
Gibi R.

Hi , Iam Gibi just ordered , waiting eagerly to use will let you know the feedback soon .

Stephan

Review the tv ad and or the product showing on the web site. there it is, It does not spiralize. But why be so shy? why did you order? Instructions come with in the box. Follow them you be happy.

southernfoodluva

I also thought it "spiralized", which is one of the main reasons I ordered it. I have read quite a few comments that other people thought that too. I'm still happy with it, but I do think that it was originally advertised as something you can use to spiralize vegies, and subsequently the ad (including on the website) was changed. In my opinion, it is hard to imagine so many people got this so wrong.

Mary
Mary

no on tv they say it does i thought the same thing crazy

Eugenie
Eugenie

I was given this a a gift so hadn't done any product research. I've tried it on items I needed in my recipe, onions and leek. Both went to mush and I spent more time cleaning the mess off the grater ( I used the large size) than it would have taken me to chop with a knife. On looking up Sumo videos, you-tube etc I see that only things like carrots, zucchini, cucumber etc are demonstrated. No onions demonstrated. So I'm wondering if any of you who have had more success with this item, use it for onions/leeks.

Amanda R.
Amanda R.

if you read the instructions it doesn't do leeks

Chezza M.

Eugenie, I tried this product and subsequently returned it for a full refund - I was so utterly disappointed. Onions went to mush, and not many vegs actually fitted in the chute, esp potatoes! the device would "not" grip to any surface and the round cylinder would not detach easily after using - I had to literally "bang" it out. I found the product overrated and did not live up to the claims.

David Gilchrist

Has anyone returned this item because the manufacture is weak, flimsy or does not stand up to regular use?

Rainy

Hi David, used my slicer for first time today, and yes waste of time, mushy capsicum, and worst was I could not get it attached to the bench top. My husband tried it on different surfaces and he gave up unlike him at all
..cheers Lorraine.

David Gilchrist

Thanks for that...I wont be buying.

Chezza M.

Hi David, I totally agree with Rainy. It's hugely overrated and does NOT live up to what is advertised .... waste of money.

Thanks...I did not buy.

David Gilchrist

(1) I assume that you get 2x3 = 6 s/steel drums in the 2 for 1 deal?
(2) Did I see the unit doing spiralyzer function on TV???...dont see that on the website
(3) How long for delivery?
Thanks,

Susieq
Susieq

Yes I got the 2 for 1 deal. With 6 drums and 2 free peelers. No, it doesn't do spirals. I opted for express I think, it only took about 3 days to arrive.

Thanks for the info
D

Stephan

Yes, two slicers with 3 drums each. Manual sheet enclosed will inform you how to put on the lid which is to pressure the apple, onion, cucumber etc. and a list of options for the various groceries which one to use for the best results for your purpose. I use it every day. Delivery monitored by Australia Post for E parcels. They will info you. It does not take long at all. Have faith

Thanks for that
D

southernfoodluva

Yes i too thought that the TV add mentioned spiralizing vegies. One of the main reasons I got it. Now the TV add does not mention spiralizing. I am still happy with it, but I will remain forever curious as to whether the spiralizing feature was indeed included in the TV ad, or whether it was a figment of my (and many other people's) imagination.

Thanks for that!!!
Come on Kleva, please clarify the issue of the disappearing spiralyser advertisment! Did it occur? Was it pulled? Was it a mistake? Was it an attempt to mislead? Did many potential customers have the same dream?

Kay D.

How do you detach the top clear section from the bottom part? Thank you

Sam

Hi Kay , just make sure it’s still attached to the bench , take out the grater and then just slide it forward , it’s easier when it’s still held firm

Kay D.

Thanks so much Sam! You're awesome :)

Don

How do you put the handle on and off easily

Sam

Hi Don the handle screws off , just turn the smaller dial on it and it will come off easy , then just change out the grater

Platycat

Yes as Sam suggested look here it will show you how --

Don

Thank you for Letting know. Just another question... is the hopper meant to stay in the base because it’s really hard to slide out to clean it.

Same problem.
Will NOT slide off !!

How much for one, and how much for delivery

Platycat

You are unable to buy one -- and they send you 2 so it was $69.99 plus postage of I THINK of about $10

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Gina, Thank you for question.

Please may you get conact with us on 02 9387 4100 and someone from the sumo slaes team would love to explain to you all about the product and prices.

Have a lovely day.

Kind Regards,

How much for one, and how much for delivery

Dees

Just bought one for $38.00 at Harvey Norman Clearance Centre Kingston Tasmania.
Top will NOT slide off no matter how hard you try.
Solutions ???

Chezza M.

Hi Dees, I had exactly same issue (as have many others if you read reviews here). BANG it off hard is how I managed! Apart from this issue, I found this device did NOT live up to what was advertised ............ onions esp went to mush and not many vegs fitted apart from carrots. Plus the fact the device did not grip to any surface no matter how much I tried. I sent mine back for a full refund. Good luck Dees, perhaps you may have a diff experience ;)

Rleen

Does it grind or mince beef, pork & chicken

Platycat

No Rleen, it doesn't and I have not tried to do it.
I did notice when I was out yesterday that there was a kitchenware shop that was selling the mince grinders, so they are still available

Rleen

thanks for your quick reply. I got 1 mincer but it wasn't doing justice to my meat. Thank you for the info

Kleva Range   DM

Hi Rleen, Unfortunately this product isn't suitable for grinding meats. In your box a little food guide would have been included, showing what foods are suitable with what drums.

Please do not hesitate to get in further contact with us on 02 9387 4100 or email us on
enquiries@klevarange.com.au if you do have any further questions.

Have a lovely day.