Klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch RP-280F

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Top quality, incredible sound at a reasonable cost

I bought a set of Klipsch speakers for my home theatre room, and the floorstanding speakers were these RP-280F. They are just brilliant - dual 8" woofers and a single horn tweeter. The bass that the woofers puts out really makes things shake, and the tweeters are next level - so clean and crisp, no messy hissing that I was used to from my old speakers.

Not only are they free of distortion, these things are loud! They are so efficient in the way that they use the power of the amplifier that I now have much louder sound without having to upgrade my amplifier - the sensitivity is very high. The frequency response is also quite a bit better than most of their competitors - lower lows and higher highs.

One of the things that I like the most about these speakers (as if loud and clear is not enough) is the way they look - these are seriously pretty speakers!! They come with a dust cover, but I have never used them because something so good looking should never be covered up.

All this at a reasonable price, certainly not cheap, but definitely worth the money.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Speakers That Bring Sound to Life

Firstly, yes, I know I am late to the party. These speakers have been superceded by the 8000F model speaker with the same specs.

I have added these to my 7.2 surround sound system and watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and the Matrix trilogy.

Let me tell you this: you hear things you never knew were in the soundtrack of each movie.

They complete what is termed as the 'soundstage' with the Klipsch 450C sitting in the middle.

At some points I thought someone was in the room, when you hear people moving in the background.

The Klipsch floor speaker system has an amazing harmony, in that once you have them tuned in, you really do get that cinema quality surround sound.

Make no mistake, when they all blend together, you do feel transported to the environment you are engaged with visually.

Interestingly the only speakers in my set that are not Klipsch are the two sub woofers and you can actually sense they are not completely iright, as they are not as finely tuned and sound somewhat fuzzy.

Time to replace these with the Klipsch 115sw. That will be my next review.

This has been another Ant review. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018