Klipsch SB120

Klipsch SB120

Full range sound

Can't fault it, great bass, middle & treble responses. Movies sound like the theatre!! Got a good deal at Harvey's so if you want a treat look no further than something from Klipsch!! All their gear is good from headphones to speakers to sound bars & alike. Happy listening guys!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Powerful balanced sound from within a sturdy enclosure

Powerful balanced sound from within a sturdy enclosure. Easy to connect to the TV (in our case) and via bluetooth. Small and thin remote control tends to disappear in the sofa, under those who sit in it, or fall onto the floor in front of it. To the plunge and bought it unheard because of the reputation of Klipsch. Got great value for the money paid. Bought it from Kogan.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

great sound

clear base and no distortion even at high volume As with any audio product the first goal should be sound quality and I can say that the SB120 is a winner in that area. The SB120 is a fantastic unit for movies and TV viewing, it's not going to win hearts of any audiophile but then again no sound bar is.It produces action scenes very well, for movies vocals are excellent, it produces a very all round natural sound for all my music and can play loud!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Klipsch SB120 Sound Base Review

I have owned this sound base for 3 months now so I can only provide a short term view.

I bought this sound bar due to a recent failure of my marantz av receiver. I wanted a compact and tidy sound bar that was able to product a reasonable level of sound quality at a reasonable price. As with any audio product the first goal should be sound quality and I can say that the SB120 is a winner in that area. The SB120 is a fantastic unit for movies and TV viewing, it's not going to win hearts of any audiophile but then again no sound bar is.

Out of the box it is not great and needs a few weeks to break in. However after such time has passed this unit really starts to come alive.

In my opinion Klipsch products are suited to home theatre use, almost every Klipsch speaker I've ever heard seems to favour use for home theatre (don't message me telling me I'm wrong. I've owned more high end audio that I care to think about) and the SB120 is no different. Using bluethooth to stream audio it delivers reasonable sound quality but it's watching movies is where this unit is really in its element. With internal subwoofers it's not going to shake your house to bits but then again I don't want it to. It produces action scenes very well, vocals are excellent, it produces a very all round natural sound and can play loud!. As I said at first use it is not great, actual it's night and day once broken in but I'm very happy with this purchase.

I have a few dislikes though. The remote is terrible, no other word for it. Cheap and flimsy. Thankfully the SB120 can be programmed to operate with the TV remote. Also the virtual surround sound mode (3D) is rubbish. Once pressed it seems to amplify background noise. I don't know why they bothered with this as it's a complete failure and I leave it off, permanently.

In conclusion it is a neat, tidy and capable unit. Easy set up with only one connection, place your TV on top and your done.

At sub $350 delivered it is a great buy.