Kmart 1.7L Stainless Steel Kettle

Silver, Red, Almond, etc...

3.1

Nancy

NancyPerth, WA

Poor quality

Household of 2. Daily use. Boils water quickly. Medium-high noise level. Outside of kettle dangerously hot. After approximately 10 months of use the button to lift the lid just disintegrated one day. Under the button we can see metal parts rusted out. Some plastic parts just disintegrated. Unlike other reviews we did not see any black particles in water. We only use filtered water in kettle. Better to spend more money and buy a kettle that lasts and not create landfill.
Would not recommend this kettle.

Purchased in November 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $20.00.

Janice

JaniceSydney, NSW

I purchased this product 4 months ago. Used daily by 3 adults The product has performed perfectly.

In the past I have purchased very expensive electric kettles for the house and purchased this kettle for camping. So pleased with the product I brought the another kettle for the house. Whilst this jug is not noise free it is an improvement on previously used products. Water taste is excellent the water level is clear. The exterior of the kettle gets warm but not dangerously hot.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for $20.00.

Olivia C

Olivia CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it!

Super happy with this kettle. Definitely recommend it, especially for the price. Better than the more expensive brand kettles I’ve owned. The stainless steel cleans up nicely.
Nice and quiet, quickly boils water, no weird tastes, stays reasonably cool on the outside.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $20.00.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Kmart 1.7L Stainless Steel Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

account_terminated_404

account_terminated_404South West, WA

Bubbles water away with ease

Okay so It holds about 1.7 litres of water exactly. It boils water with the flick of a switch, which is coincidentally the only switch available on the base-plate. When turned on the switch lights up blue which is pretty futuristic i guess. Once the water's boiled it turns off. Does pretty much what you'd expect a kettle to do. Gets used half a dozen times a day and we haven't had an issue for the six months we've had it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
ChrisN

ChrisNSydney, NSW

STYLISH AND DOES THE JOB AS AN EXPENSIVE KETTLE

It has a similar to design of kettles you would purchase for a branded kettle over $200. This is a very stylish kettle and having used it for over 3 months, I've had no issues with it at all. Went to a friends place and noticed they also have the same kettle, and we laughed at how good it is and reasonably priced. Goes well with my red kitchen aid and other appliances.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Danni N

Danni NMelbourne

Great

Bought this kettle last year and found it at Kmart for a really good price. This kettle not only looks good but makes a hot tea in an instant. Takes less than a minute to boil water. It has the wide opening to fill water which fills 1.7 litres of water which is great and a good strong hand to hold the kettle. Love the vibrant red colour.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Helena

HelenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Boiling water every time

Have brought many kettles and this one is the best so far. The price is really reasonable for the product. It looks great on my kitchen bench. Great colour section. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Shandi

ShandiAU

Very Nice Kettle

Purchased this kettle a month ago, because ours was worn out. This one looked good, and was a good price, so thought we would try it. ( We have previously only bought Brand name kettles, as they get a lot of use)
So far we are happy with the performance, it has a nice wide opening to fill, heats the water quickly and is no louder than any other kettle.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
glenugie

glenugieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Looking Working Kettle

This fun kettle adds a pop of colour into our kitchen - it has served us well for the last few months when we upgraded from our old one - I love the light and it doesn't take too long to boil. After 6 months everything is still working as the day we bought it home

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Electric Kettles

David

DavidMELBOURNE

So far, so good

When our Breville kettle 'died' after many years of solid service, I researched a replacement. K Mart had one which rated very highly in Choice and did not cost an arm and a leg ( some are $150 ! ). No sign of the highly rated model in our local K Mart but they had a large range of kettles and this one ( Home & Co EKS 17306 ) looked great and had all the features I wanted for $30. So, I took a punt. After 4 days, all good - it's quiet, boils quickly, is easy to fill and has a good pourer lip. It does look very swish and comes in 3 colours - copper ( the one I have ), red a and a steely grey body. I'll do an update if any downsides develop.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
lisamarie8

lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW

Stylish copper kettle doesn't last

I have purchased two of these kettles - the first one didn't last long and this one is already falling apart.

The first one lasted a few months - the lid wouldn't open of close and then every time I'd try to use it the power would Trip the meter.

The second one is a few months old now and the plastic bit on the switch where the light is keeps falling off.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Maev....Sydney

Looks good...works even better!

Looks great....good price....$30....water is definitely boiling...way better than my old kettle....and easy for me to manage with arthritic hands...this was uppermost on my check list when looking for a new jug/kettle

Maev....Sydney

I did bump the start lever once and knocked of the little clear button...it clicked back in...I now take more care...Also...the lid is 'soft close'...not flimsy....but you need to be gentle closing....not rough and gung ho....

See all Kmart 1.7L Stainless Steel Kettle reviews