Kmart 1200W Upright

Kmart 1200W Upright

Surprisingly powerful.

At the stated price, I was not expecting much to be honest but what I got was a powerful and reliable. I use it everyday and it hasn't let me down yet. The extra heads that sit on the cleaner are easy to reach and help in those hard to reach places.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Better than my Dyson V6

Its a bit more clunky than the Dyson (obviously) but the build quality is solid and there are some nifty little things that make it not just a good vacuum but a great vacuum! Like the design and being easy to empty. We also have a Dyson V6 stick (just the basic one) and its good but not as good as the Kmart one, albeit more portable though. We had new carpet in our new apartment and had to suck up bags full of fluff before it stopped making fluff balls when you walked on it. The V6 would fill up after about a square meter, the Kmart one sucked it all up quick smart and had to be emptied far less often. Obviously these are pretty different vacuums but its still a comparison.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Anko vacuum cleaner brought from Kmart

Carpet and wooden floor in the beginning it works well for 1 month and brush under doesn’t work not even charging just waste of money I don’t want any one to waste money on this product better buy good products it will cost a bit extra totally waste of money

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great value but has it's flaws

We bought this vacuum because a friend recommended it to us for removing dog hair from our carpet. If you use the attachment on the front of the vacuum it removes everything from the carpet beautifully. Much better than any other vacuum I've owned in the past.

If you want to use it in it's upright position however, it is absolutely useless. It just gathers the hair and dirt into lines all over the carpet and nothing actually gets sucked into the barrel. Unfortunately there are more cons than pros. It's big, clunky, noisy, the tube for the attachments is way too short so it pulls the vacuum over all the time and I definitely wouldn't risk using it on our wooden floor.

We solely purchased it to vacuum the carpets in the bedrooms of our house and for that it works really well. Great value at $89! But if you are looking for the complete package I'm afraid you'll have to spend a bit more.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great value - Bulky and clumsy

For the price this is a wonderful vacuum. It works on various floor types and comes with an attachment for dusting smaller surfaces and an attachment for sofas/bedding etc that can cope with pet hair.

The cons: Very clunky and bulky compared to our more well known brand vacuum, cord is not retractable and the tubing is very short so not suited to high reach places. The machine also runs hot and is very noisy.

Although it is far from perfect, it is still a solid vacuum that does the job and is really good value for money. We have had other well known brands that were a lot more expensive that were less efficient.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bit heavy but does the job

We recently purchased a KMart Upright vaccuum as we wanted a powerful vaccuum to clean pet hairs. Our experience has been largely positive thus far. It is a bit heavy to drag around so my Mrs. is only too happy to get me to vaccuum. It is a bit noisy too. But it does a great job on carpets and tiles (you need to adjust the suction setting accordingly). Our carpet does feel clean after a vaccuum.
Storing is also relatively easy compared to the traditional vaccuum we had earlier.
The dust container is fairly large and can last a complete house clean without loosing suction.
At $89 it is a good buy if you don't mind the noise and the free workout you get when you use it. :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Better get a refund

Tried on a carpet surface and it’s hopeless. The dirt and hair just blows away from the machine is honestly so pointless. After 30 minutes trying to suck up dirt and hair, I looked into the barrel and saw absolutely nothing. Such a disappointment. Hopeless instructions too, never buying from this company again.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Crapppp

Bought this vacuum because I heard good reviews. I wa wrong. It was the worst purchase. I had to clean up after the vacuum !!! And the noise wow. It was so heavy as well. Took it back the same day as purchase. There was so many good reviews so i am very confused because I can see a lot of familiar stories similar to mine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Weighs a ton and sounds like a rocket taking off

We purchased this vacuum cleaner based on all the great reviews and, given its price, it does suck up a lot of gunk. It is EXTREMELY heavy (I can't vacuum my stairs) and the head is very broad and won't fit into reasonable gaps. The noise it produces makes the whole household complain whenever I use it. We are replacing it with a better model after a few months, don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it can i find one problem no access to bottom pipe re blockages

I have about three of these vacuums happy with them re suction but have found that when they don't start picking stuff up the pipe that comes from the bottom gets clogged and there is no way u can take this off to unblock it I am in the process of going back to kmart taking my vacuum back as them accepting this as a manufactures fault and replacing it even though I probably have the same problem they just need to fix this pipe so you can get access to blockages

Nothing perfect for me

I've had it a few months but could not lower the handle to vacuum when I did, the carpet looked worse as it left a trail of dust. I took photos to take back to Kmart. I can't afford to waste money. I tried different settings, when I turn Vacuum off I have to use dustpan to pick up dust it spits out.
Save your money buy better quality.
Sorry KMart I am going to advocate to get a refund.

Vicki

Date PurchasedSep 2018

So disappointing

We used this on carpets. We have two long haired cats & a Labrador, so hair/fur is a huge issue for us. The machine kicked up lots and lots of fluff with the front rotor and wouldn't suck any of it up. It's really (REALLY) loud. I spent over an hour doing our lounge floor and it still wasn't clean. Really disappointed.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great machine

Great on carpets, not good on hard flooring such as tiles! Price is the attraction on this product.
It's not that easy to manoeuvre when you have it on the hardest setting. Useless for stairs and won’t get into corners or tight spots. Value at the price. Would recommend for cleaning of carpets.

Point less!!

Purchased because apparently it sucks like a Dyson,
Worked kind of okay at the start
Now the dirt just flicks back underneath
Doesn't suck
Yes l have cleaned it out numerous times
Worst vacumn ever
Don't buy it!
I will be putting it out on the verge soon
Not only that it's not that easy to manoeuvre when you have it on the hardest setting

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hopeless!

Absolutely hopeless... except in a heavy duty rug that the cat sleeps on and you don’t actually like that much. We took it back pretty quickly. Hopeless for hardwood/tile floors and sounds like an A380 Airbus when you turn it on. Is heavy, clunky, useless for stairs and won’t get into corners or tight spots. Should have listened to friends and family when they said spend the extra on a Dyson cordless - lesson learned and another example of “getting what you pay for”. We took it back with 24 hours.

Absolute rubbish

Just bought based on hype & some reviews. Should have listened to lady who said it didn’t work on hard floors-she is 100% right. Just pushed dirt/dust around or went straight over top on it. Even on our flat carpet. I did check settings & they were right. We have floorboards. It’s gone back in box to return tomorrow. Will get Miele.

Excellent product

Being a female I thought that I would set up this vacuum as I thought it looked easy, it was blowing dust and bits and pieces out instead of picking up.. in comes husband and checks it out, the thing is the hose is not the usual set up to every day vacs so once that was sorted I have a fantastic heavy duty vac, I have looked at other reviews and some people say that it blows dust out.....so have a good look and sort out the hose and save yourself hundreds of $$$$$. Cheers

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Obviously not for hard floors

We bought this vacuum based on the positive reviews here and elsewhere, however, it is totally useless on hard floors. On tiles, It just tends to blow the dirt around and not actually vacuum it at all. We tried re-assembling and changing the height, however, no difference at all. I would not recommend this vacuum for use on hard floors.

Well......

This vacuum had so much hype! Everyone was raving about how amazing this vacuum was an how much dirt it picked up, so of course I ran out to buy one an because they where so popular my local stores had none an online was sold out! Well one day i was at my local an low an behold I found the vacuum an you could not believe how excited I was! I rushed to buy it an couldn’t wait to get home to try it. I set the bad boy up an away I was.... i first tried it on my tiles an it was just pushing the dirt around not picking up... of course I had to check to see if my silly blonde self had it on wrong function or put it together wrong but nope! Then I tried it on carpet an omg it sucked so hard I could hardly push the thing lol! It then decided it wanted to “eat” my carpet an took a chunk out of it (argh!) again my first thought was ok I must have it set up wrong or on wrong setting but again nope! So after trying all the different settings an surfaces I gave up an returned it to the shop. So after this long,long review (ha sorry not sorry) in short this vacuum is... HEAVY-USELESS ON HARD FLOOR- AND IT EATS YOUR CARPET WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION

Date PurchasedDec 2017

What a let down!

This is the worst vacuum I have ever bought! On all my floors - carowt, hardwood and lino, the brush either shifts the dirt to the side or blows it out from under the base. It drops debris as it is moved, and blows dust everywhere. It's noisy and awkward to handle, the cord constantly gets tangled around the body. It certainly does not live up to the hype and I'll be returning it today!

Date PurchasedOct 2018