Kmart 1200W Upright Vacuum

See the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It's true what they say!

This is 10000x better than my old dyson! Which I might add, wasn't even old. It was a new Dyson. I bought this vacuum one day after just vacuuming all my floors with the Dyson. And I cannot believe the amount of dirt, dust and animal fur it managed to pull out of my carpet! For $89 you can't go wrong. We have had ours for about a year now and it is still going strong. Would recommend!

Purchased in June 2018 at Kmart, Munno Para for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Great Value

I have always used the Dyson Stick Vac. I was very impressed & surprised with the level of suction on the Kmart Vac . It was clearly more effective than the Dyson. I compared the dust collectors on both machines after vacuming 2 of the busiest rooms, media & main bedroom, with the Kmart vac clearly picking up more of the finer dusts. I have children with asthma and 2 dogs so the cleaner I can keep the carpets the better. The Kmart Vac has varying levels of suction for wood tile carpet. And the dust box is easy to remove and empty unlike the Dyson where you pull the lint out. Highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kmart for $80.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Wow what a buy

I purchased this vacuum after tossing up weather or not to for so long.
I am a mother of 4 , myself and my girls have long hair.
We also have a cavie who likes to think he's allowed inside.
We have mixed carpet and tiles in our home so I needed something that could handle a lot.

When I 1st got it home I was happy with howw it looked and how easily it clipped together.

Then came the big test a run over the kids playroom.
I was so shocked to see just how much actual dirt it picked up.
And yes you can really see it because the body is clear.

Even on the relatively clean surface you can see it gets dirt from right down in the carpet.

It has adjustable heights to suit your different carpet lengths aswell and hard floors.

Nice fairly long cord. And onboard narrow attachment with optional brush
Aswell as a turbo hand held head great for doing the couch or car.
A few days ago I hit panic mode when my son through some string on the floor right in front of our older teen who was vacuuming and it got tangled

However it just pulled back out no problems.

My last upright would have snapped a belt at that.
So all in all a great buy
And so good to know your carpets are actually getting clean.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Great but heavy

This is fantastic on carpet ! However I really am not a fan with it on tiles . So if you’ve got a house full of tiles I really would not bother .
I was surprised at how much dust was pulled from the carpet on first use and was a little horrified . The size is fine but it’s the weight that It has that’s an issue . Suction is amazing though .

Purchased in May 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

This is the best

This is used on tiled and carpeted floors and with the adjustable brush hight it is great it has been able to remove some marks in the carpet that I had been told that I would not be able to get out without professional carpet cleaning

Purchased in February 1975 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Fantastic Vacuum, best money I ever spent

I love it! I'm pleased it works great and easy to use. It's so convenient to vacuum without me having to bend over. The vacuum worked perfectly both on tiles and carpet. The air suction power is powerful enough to spin the brush.
Bought this vacuum 3 years ago and it still works as good as new!

Purchased at Kmart for $98.00.

As good as a dyson

I have owned one of these vaccums for the last 12mths and still to this day am surprised by the amount of dust etc that it pulls out of my carpet on a weekly basis best vaccum i have ever owned easy to use and clean

Purchased in March 2018 at K mart for $129.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Great value for money

What a breeze cleaning is with this vacuum. It is so efficient and easy to use (definitely no back straining here). I highly recommend for anyone looking for a decent vacuum on a budget.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart.

Floor Type Carpet

Work well for homes with pets

This vacuum cleaner is a hard working unit with the option of the turbo brush height being adjustable according to you carpet pile or for use on hard floors , also comes with a selection of heads for the crevice tool including a mini turbo brush large capacity dust cylinder, easy to clean and use with best results I've had from an upright vacuum

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Good value for money

I have thick carpet and wooden floors the vacuum is hard to suck up pieces of dirt even though the there is different settings for hard floor or carpet as if it’s not low enough it does not pick up well, the extra attachment is hard to use as the cord sucks up if you pull it the vacuum falls over, I wouldn’t recommend it for someone who’s vacuuming everyday but for the price it’s not bad.

Purchased in April 2019 at K mart for $85.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Disappointing

This product is extremely heavy and hard to push around. It doesn’t suck anything up, the only way it works is if I go over things ten times. What should be a 20 minute vacuum job turns into an hour with this vacuum. Not to mention it is incredibly noisy and clunky. I wish I took it back straight away but instead I gave it the benefit of the doubt to see if I got the hang of it. In the end I am taking it back. Very disappointed after the raving reviews about this product online. My $35 vacuum I bought from Kmart 3 years ago works better than this one.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

The vacuum that blows

Swivelly & upright yay! I wasn’t expecting a Dyson, I hadn’t even read the reviews. I already have a great, no-name, second hand corded vacuum that I got for free, but it’s little and I needed something heftier. This looked like it could do the job. Nope. Used once, it blowed stuff around rather than sucked. All around awful. Just bought it yesterday, so I immediately packaged it up and will be returning it today. Don’t waste your time like I did.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for $85.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Huge disappointment got taken in by the hype

Bought one of these vacuums due to all the hype online. Waited ages for it to come back into stock then snapped one up. Well it didn't work. Pet hair stuck it up in seconds. Nothing was picked up. Didn't get too upset as there is always a dud so exchanged it for another one. Exactly same problem. This vacuum did nothing it was supposed to do. Made me wonder if the "great"reviews were paid for as I cannot recommend this to anyone for anything. Back to Bissel

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

TASSIE DEVIL

Great suction. I knew there would be a problem with putting the head on the floor as you have to step on it and force it then press the red start button. I know it sucks like a Tasmanian Devil and I stay away from curtains and cords as it would just chew them up. I've had the vac cleaner for 11 months and the head will now not go down horizontal with the floor. Going to KMart tomorrow to see what to do. I would like to buy another one as they're cheap enough but they never have any in stock.

July 11th 2019 Update: Post Script - KMart Upright Vac Cleaner

Re my last review. I took my upright vac cleaner back to KMart as it was still on warranty and was given a credit. I purchased the same vac cleaner again as it does such a good job on carpet and there was no other option, (I use my Dyson stick for corners) but I still think it will have the same problem with pushing down the brush head with the foot and pulling the stick handle back as there is some force involved. Excellent service from KMart. A great vac cleaner if the manufacturer would do a little more work on the design but so good for the price $89.00.

Purchased in July 2019 at K Mart, Innaloo for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet

This blows more than it sucks

If you have hard floors don’t bother trying. Tried for 10 minutes, adjusting anything I could think of trying. Floors were just as dirty as they were before starting. It blew everything around and nothing got sucky into the dust canister. Didn’t bother trying on carpet, presumably the good reviews are just for carpet or quality control is an issue as well.

Purchased in June 2019 for $85.00.

Wow! I'm impressed

I am so impressed! Just used it and I could not stop vacuuming! It's so easy to assemble, Amazing suction, 10 times better than my old dyson. Would definitely recommend to anyone with pets. Can't believe how much stubborn fur it took out of my carpet (after vacuuming with the dyson).
It's a bit noisy and the cord is annoying but for $89 it's worth every cent!

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

HUNK OF JUNK

Run as fast as you can from this thing. It may be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

It's heavy and difficult to manuvre.

You need to hold the vacumn with one hand and the power cord with the other, if you don't you'll either stand on the cord, yanking the vacumn OR you'll run over it with the vacumn as you go back and forth in a usual motion.

The attachments are big and bulky, they stick out so when you are going close to the skirting it will mark the wall.

The hose with mini attachment is almost useless, the hose is so short and inflexible, if you need to get into a corner you'll likely pull the whole vacumn on top of yourself.

Some items it doesn't suck up, it just blows it forward. Going from carpet over a rug you need to pick it up to go on the rug, and it's heavy. I am a large and strong person and i find it incredibly frustrating, let alone my kids trying to use this thing.

Plus it's ridiculously loud.

I could go on, but you get the point. Save your money, buy something more expensive, but it will be so much more user friendly.

We moved house so it's been in a box for 6months before i got to use it, if i could find the receipt i would take it back without hesitation. It's rubbish.

Purchased in May 2018 for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Not better than a Dyson at all. Beyond bad.

Absolutely terrible. Used on carpet and wooden floors and pushed dirt infront of it and blew dust everywhere. Not better than a Dyson!! It’s sooooo bad :( I lost my receipt now have the expense of paying to dump it.

Purchased in March 2019.

Good deal

We bought it about 6 months ago, price was pretty good, much cheaper than our old Dyson.
So far vacuum works fine, very strong suction, clean very easy our dirty carpet after dogs, just a bit noisy.
Nothing much special about it, but for a such a cheap price I think is a good deal for our family with animals.
No need to buy expensive vacuum, if that one does job great.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Smart buy

Having used Dyson vacuum cleaner (price $650) earlier, we decided to try Kmart upright vacuum cleaner this time as it was only $89, its cleaning head has a brush and it also has an Hepa filter and we are not disappointed. Have been using it for almost a year on the carpet in our unit and it is going strong without any problem so far. Its suction is powerful and it is easy to empty the bin. Unbeatable value for money. Go for it.

Purchased in June 2018 for $89.00.