Kmart 1200W Upright

Kmart 1200W Upright

I can definitely live without it - wish I had!

I have used this vacuum on slate, tiles, carpet, wooden floors across two houses. I bought it because of good reviews, but it is so disappointing. Hopeless on slade and carpet, ok on wooden flooring and tiles. To get suction strong enough to pick up on carpet, I can't push it. Only good thing, it didn't mark the wooden flooring. I would NOT buy it again.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Does the job!

First impression is it cleans carpets better than my barrel and stick Dysons, which are not worth the $. The Kmart cleaner is a bit clunky and noisy, but for $89 I cannot understand the complaints. No fluff being flung here!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Obsessed

I love this vacuum. Works so well on both carpet and hard floors. Is so easy to manoeuvre around the house. Very thorough on the carpet, my housemate and I are very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $89.00.

Dissapointed

I'm half way through my house so far and have used it on tiles and carpet. This is the worst vacume I have EVER come accross. I heard so much hype about this vacume that it was 'better than a Dyson' but all it left was disappointment. Instead of sucking the dirt up, it spreads it further away, might as well if been an industrial fan. I have used $30 vacumes that do a better job than this, this is nothing like a dyson it is more of a sh*t storm. I don't mind that it is loud but I do get bothered over the high pitch scream it has, it was so loud my neighbours checked in on me. Purchased this last week and will be returning it tomorrow. Waste of money.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

It’s fking useless

The stupid brush thing at the front just moves any dust or mess away from the machine, I just tried to vacuume up a small pile of dirt and all it does is flick it elsewhere 1/10 should have returned it

Purchased in November 2017.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

For the price you can't go wrong!

Purchased this vac as our more expensive vacuum lasted just over the warranty period. Not happy!! So far so good with this vac! I purchased as i had heard good things about it! The suction on the carpet is amazing! The amount of dirt in picks up is very impressive for a vacuum that is under $100.00! I can't understand how people can pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for something
that essentially does the same thing! You buy a vac to pick up dirt and pick up dirt well and that's exactly what you get here! Highly recommended!

Purchased in March 2019 for $89.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Doesn't last 12 months......

I bought this vacuum first 12 months ago but it stopped working, I took it to Kmart for an exchange and replaced it. The replacement died within 2 weeks. Its so environmentally unfriendly that Kmart just throw these in the trash and give you a new one.

The vacuum does work well when it does work, and easy to clean.
It is heavy to move around and does give you a sore back.

Overall I would definitely not recommend anyone buy this vacuum.

Purchased in February 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet

Better than expected!

I purchased this after my trusty Miele finally died. Being right before Christmas i just wanted something cheap to last me until the after the expense of christmas and back to school was over.
I went to Kmart and bought this beauty for just $69! It is fantastic! I havent even bothered buying another vacuum to replace it yet.
It is fantastic on carpet and rugs but not as good on tiles as it tends to flick larger items back into your feet.
It's also quite loud but honestly for $69 it's so much better than i thought it would be.
For such a low cost i'd totally recommend it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $69.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet

Surprisingly powerful.

At the stated price, I was not expecting much to be honest but what I got was a powerful and reliable. I use it everyday and it hasn't let me down yet. The extra heads that sit on the cleaner are easy to reach and help in those hard to reach places.

Purchased in August 2018.

Product is used: Several times a week

Better than my Dyson V6

Its a bit more clunky than the Dyson (obviously) but the build quality is solid and there are some nifty little things that make it not just a good vacuum but a great vacuum! Like the design and being easy to empty. We also have a Dyson V6 stick (just the basic one) and its good but not as good as the Kmart one, albeit more portable though. We had new carpet in our new apartment and had to suck up bags full of fluff before it stopped making fluff balls when you walked on it. The V6 would fill up after about a square meter, the Kmart one sucked it all up quick smart and had to be emptied far less often. Obviously these are pretty different vacuums but its still a comparison.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Anko vacuum cleaner brought from Kmart

Carpet and wooden floor in the beginning it works well for 1 month and brush under doesn’t work not even charging just waste of money I don’t want any one to waste money on this product better buy good products it will cost a bit extra totally waste of money

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great value but has it's flaws

We bought this vacuum because a friend recommended it to us for removing dog hair from our carpet. If you use the attachment on the front of the vacuum it removes everything from the carpet beautifully. Much better than any other vacuum I've owned in the past.

If you want to use it in it's upright position however, it is absolutely useless. It just gathers the hair and dirt into lines all over the carpet and nothing actually gets sucked into the barrel. Unfortunately there are more cons than pros. It's big, clunky, noisy, the tube for the attachments is way too short so it pulls the vacuum over all the time and I definitely wouldn't risk using it on our wooden floor.

We solely purchased it to vacuum the carpets in the bedrooms of our house and for that it works really well. Great value at $89! But if you are looking for the complete package I'm afraid you'll have to spend a bit more.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great value - Bulky and clumsy

For the price this is a wonderful vacuum. It works on various floor types and comes with an attachment for dusting smaller surfaces and an attachment for sofas/bedding etc that can cope with pet hair.

The cons: Very clunky and bulky compared to our more well known brand vacuum, cord is not retractable and the tubing is very short so not suited to high reach places. The machine also runs hot and is very noisy.

Although it is far from perfect, it is still a solid vacuum that does the job and is really good value for money. We have had other well known brands that were a lot more expensive that were less efficient.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bit heavy but does the job

We recently purchased a KMart Upright vaccuum as we wanted a powerful vaccuum to clean pet hairs. Our experience has been largely positive thus far. It is a bit heavy to drag around so my Mrs. is only too happy to get me to vaccuum. It is a bit noisy too. But it does a great job on carpets and tiles (you need to adjust the suction setting accordingly). Our carpet does feel clean after a vaccuum.
Storing is also relatively easy compared to the traditional vaccuum we had earlier.
The dust container is fairly large and can last a complete house clean without loosing suction.
At $89 it is a good buy if you don't mind the noise and the free workout you get when you use it. :-)

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Better get a refund

Tried on a carpet surface and it’s hopeless. The dirt and hair just blows away from the machine is honestly so pointless. After 30 minutes trying to suck up dirt and hair, I looked into the barrel and saw absolutely nothing. Such a disappointment. Hopeless instructions too, never buying from this company again.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Crapppp

Bought this vacuum because I heard good reviews. I wa wrong. It was the worst purchase. I had to clean up after the vacuum !!! And the noise wow. It was so heavy as well. Took it back the same day as purchase. There was so many good reviews so i am very confused because I can see a lot of familiar stories similar to mine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Weighs a ton and sounds like a rocket taking off

We purchased this vacuum cleaner based on all the great reviews and, given its price, it does suck up a lot of gunk. It is EXTREMELY heavy (I can't vacuum my stairs) and the head is very broad and won't fit into reasonable gaps. The noise it produces makes the whole household complain whenever I use it. We are replacing it with a better model after a few months, don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it can i find one problem no access to bottom pipe re blockages

I have about three of these vacuums happy with them re suction but have found that when they don't start picking stuff up the pipe that comes from the bottom gets clogged and there is no way u can take this off to unblock it I am in the process of going back to kmart taking my vacuum back as them accepting this as a manufactures fault and replacing it even though I probably have the same problem they just need to fix this pipe so you can get access to blockages

Nothing perfect for me

I've had it a few months but could not lower the handle to vacuum when I did, the carpet looked worse as it left a trail of dust. I took photos to take back to Kmart. I can't afford to waste money. I tried different settings, when I turn Vacuum off I have to use dustpan to pick up dust it spits out.
Save your money buy better quality.
Sorry KMart I am going to advocate to get a refund.

Vicki

Date PurchasedSep 2018

So disappointing

We used this on carpets. We have two long haired cats & a Labrador, so hair/fur is a huge issue for us. The machine kicked up lots and lots of fluff with the front rotor and wouldn't suck any of it up. It's really (REALLY) loud. I spent over an hour doing our lounge floor and it still wasn't clean. Really disappointed.

Date PurchasedAug 2018