Kmart 2400W Bagless

Kmart 2400W Bagless

MPN: SL163E

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (0)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (0)
Nicole W.

Nicole W.South East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

Purchased about 12 mths ago and when it came out of the box it worked great but now, eh, not so much. If $$ is a major consideration then its a good purchase but if you have a large house, pets and active children I'd suggest invest a little more into a model that would be more sturdier, which is what I'm now researching.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for A$95.00.

Noise Level
Product is usedWeekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Clogging IssuesYes
Sheri

SheriBrisbane

Does what I need

I was looking for a vacuum machine to keep my house clean and it does what I need. It is not made to vacuum liquids but it works well with vacuuming dust.
I use it on my sofa as well. The only issue is being bagless but overall it is great considering the cheap price it has.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Cassandra

CassandraSydney, NSW

powerful, lightweight, powerhead and attachments a bit too lightweight

Yes tips over during use as cord not long enough
good for the car or quick run round
barrel hard to reattach following empty
if your looking for a very light weight unit you can carry around (very light) this is the one
sometimes blows the dirt around as very powerful
personally prefer their upright version (seems to collect more dust)
powerhead not motorised

Date PurchasedNov 2018

ScoobyDont

ScoobyDontHampton

OK Just OK Passable

I was quite impressed with this at first but as time worn on I see it has a few obvious faults. Yes, as everyone says it is powerful BUT not for long as it is not really cyclonic and stacks the dirt in a lopsided fashion and quickly runs out of puff. The second factor is that it has a huge central filter and you MUST remove this and clean it out regularly to keep it running well. - this is a very messy job and had me questioning the whole "bagless" thing. Its cheap but it has flaws.

Jay Kay

Jay KayAU

Worked great for the 1st month

I was amazed at how much power this vac had in the first month and then i soon realized it was too good to be true. I would constantly empty and clean the filter but it lost suction in the second month. Ended up taking it back for a refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Roachy

RoachyChristchurch

Great little machine for a small space

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Iggy72

Iggy72Northcote

Powerful but cheaply made

This goes like a rocket. I really jumped the first time I turned it on because it's so loud (and powerful) but it is also made from quite cheap plastic so I doubt it will last forever. The tubes are good, they are made from chromed steel and the floor tool isn't bad. The whole rest of it is plastic and a bit flimsy here and there. It works well and would probably be best fora a non permanent situation such as a rental. That's where we use ours

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Allisha

AllishaYARRABILBA

Great vaccum for suction

Very happy with performance and suction but the cord seems to be lacking and can only vaccum one room at a time which is really time consuming but doesn't affect the overall use. Pretty good for the price and was easy to assemble. Would be good to have more height adjustment on the hand held stick.

Sahara

SaharaBrisbane

Unreliable

Date PurchasedJan 2018

GoKangas

GoKangaslilydale

Cheap construction but works well

This is a cheap and cheerful vacuum. It is very spartan in design. No accessories to speak of and no branding on it. It's made from thickish plastic. The body is quite robust but strangely the dust barel is quite weak and flimsy. It's incredible loud when running and smelled quite a bit for the first week or so (like oil and burned plastic). Its does work though and actually does an alright job. Its a Kmart product and cheaply made so i doubt it will go for all that many years.

calypso

calypsoSydney

Works fine but cheap plastic breaks easily

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Syncro

SyncroBallarat

Cheap but gets the job done

This ain't no luxury imported German cleaner - thats for sure lol. It does work though with crude power and gets the job done. Its a simple design - a filter and a barrel with a hose. I find you need to keep emptying it to keep the suction up or it can get very weak. The bagess design is good that you save bags but bad because it makes a big mess when you empty it. Cord length is adequate although I use and extension in the halls. Overall fair value but I wouldn't expect it to last forever.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kirby

KirbyNorthern beaches Collaroy

Not great

This vaccum is cheap and works ok. Not amazing and doesn’t pick up much dirt but you get what you pay for.
I’d recommend buying a better one, as iv had 2 and they break easy.
They do an ok job for a quick vaccum on floor boards but not on my carpets for hidden dirt

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Shirleyfuss

ShirleyfussSydney

Ok but noisy

This vacuum does the job but quite noisy compared to my last vacuum. It's cheap so you get what you pay for. Its light and easy to manoeuvre. Cord could be longer however. Good suction and does get the scraps off the floor and carpet. No issues so far but yes it's noisy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kimmie

Kimmie

Great value for money

Vacuum is easy to move. Cord could be longer though, to finish most rooms I have to plug in an extension cord. My house isn’t very big either. Dust/dirt catcher clogs often and needs unscrewing and dismantling to clear it properly. When properly cleared, sucks well again, for a while.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Snowy

Snowymelbourne

Does An Average Job

You get what you pay for and at $100 this thing comes in as expected. It is OK. It works but it has flaws.
Like a lot of bagless models it loses suction as it goes so I would suggest emptying the barrel well before it is full. I don't think this one is going to win any design awards. I notice the dust often gets caught up and stops circulating quite often. It is a bit messy and fiddly to clean and empty.
I does a good enough job of cleaning. Strong at first then weaker as it gets full.
This model is just "Ok" and I would recommend it as a second vacuum or for a rental.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
CarlaLM

CarlaLMCanberra

Good for the price

Overall this vacuum is good for the price.
The suction started out well, as with most vacuums, however now we have owned this for 9 months I find I need my husband to clean the filters with an air hose to really get that great suction back.
It is quite a noisy vacuum, I don’t use it late in the evening for fear of disturbing our neighbours.
Our downstairs area is all tiled and our upstairs area is all carpet. The vacuum works well on both surfaces.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Ommo

OmmoSydney

Strong, but potentially unsafe

The suction on this vacuum is fantastic, it lifts up 95% dirt and dust on the first go, and It's held up for over 3 years. The more expensive brand name vacuums have not fared as well. The only downside is every time the vacuum is turned on, it almost trips up the circuit breaker, which doesn't happen with any of our other appliances.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Mpower

MpowerSydney

Decent but 1 annoying feature

Overall for the $99 price tag it has pretty decent accessories and suction. Its light and easy to move around from that aspect, though I wish the cord was slightly longer.

The only annoying part about it is that once the chamber is half full, it looses suction, so I have to empty it and take off the shroud and pull any hair etc tangled in there. Once reseated it works fine.

I have a carpeted apartment - my old Dyson powerhead broke and rather than spending around $200 on a dyson attachment i got this cheapie and it works fine for my needs.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Pham

PhamGlebe

Cheap, convenient and light weight

I have been using this for a while in my office. Help me a lot in cleaning office floor. And it is badless, so I dont need to spend money for bags. However, it has 2400w, is kind of eletricity consumption. In general, it is an on budget vaccum cleaner.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Marika S.

Marika S.asked

Not familiar with dust interceptor can you let me know what to do with it or forward a link to user manual please

Neil K.

Neil K.asked

the roller on the head has stopped spinning i pulled it apart and now it won t go i think ive put it back togther wrong

Jennifer

Try pulling it apart again and fitting the parts back in. It can be as simple as a plastic holder put back in the wrong way. Also while its apart just check there is nothing stopping the belt from rotating. If this doesn't work, it can be easy to buy another head or one of a different model and an adjuster, but for this machine I wouldn't bother wasting the money.

John

Johnasked

Where can i get exhast filter and panel from please for 2000 watt home and co bagless kmart vacume

Jennifer

I found these people very helpful, but don't know that it's worth spending any further money on this machine. https://hegroup.com.au/search?type=product&q=anko

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$95.00
Bin Capacity3.5 L
HEPA FilterYes
Weight4.56 kg
Attachments Plastic floor brush, 2 in 1 crevice nozzle, bristle brush, small turbo brush and pet brush
TypeBagless